VN - Ren'Py - LoveSick Darlings [v1.6 Demo] [Dimitri]

1. 4.00 star(s)

LS47

It's rare I give 4 stars to a VN, but this one is great. The themes are mature enough while not being edgy, just enough for the teenage drama to be credible and not over the top. As a demo there isn't much of that drama, but what's there works really well.

The character designs are cute. I'm a bit dissapointed about the backgrounds, I'm sure they could have easily commissioned someone to make them some images, or find free assets online, but whatever.

The overall plot is quite easy to follow, but the story structure is a bit maze-like at times. Sometimes some choices labels are misleading on what reaction the other character will have, it's very easy to select the wrong answer and go back to a previous save file when you messed up a few minutes later down the line. The characters themselves aren't nothing new, but I think the devs did a really good job with the MC and keeping some mystery about his past in Sydney. It's rare nowadays to not have a MC that's annoying or idiotic or dense. This one is just a teen with issues, and I actually quite like that.

I hope the rest of the game will turn out even better than this demo already does. I'll follow its development closely.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

BuddhaOnaDiet

The characters are cute and unique. The writing is great and your choices impacts the story and your interaction with the girls. If you are looking for a fap-game, this isn't it, there isn't any lewd content. But you will get the opportunity to really get to know (and romance) the girls, each with their own complex personality. Both the girls and the story is great, so if that appeals and you can stand to play a game without smut I can strongly recommend this game.