Loving romantic Harem VS corrupt sadistic Harem. What are the differences?

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017

Last edited:

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
Gonna have to name some examples of the latter so we know what's being referred to here.
I thought about that. I purposely left the question as open ended as possible, so people would hopefully answer with the first things that pop into their mind. (Still, if more people share your request, I'll provide examples.)

GreenGobbo

Oct 18, 2018
Okay, so this is just coming from my own perspective. Your perspective/views might be different, and that's totally fine.

The loving kind of harem is all sweet and saccharine. Big happy love fest, everyone gets along for the most part. Nobody is treated as lesser than or whatever. They are all equals and treat each other well. All bright colors with good times and happy vibes. You get the idea yeah? Total fantasy, but they can be really fun to play through, and often have a lot of humor baked into the story lines for an added bonus. :D

The corruption variety of harem games can usually be split up into 2 parts:

1) Dark Harem: These can get pretty dark. Hell to be completely honest, they are almost always based around abusive and often manipulative relationships and are generally pretty rapey. The MC wil mistreat their "partners" in a variety of ways physically, emotionally, and psychologically throughout the course of the game. Often times it is depicted as a twisted/distorted (or just plain incorrect) interpretation of BDSM with a lot of emphasis placed on Master/Slave dynamics. Generally these games will try to show the MC pissed off at some supposed injustice their target has caused them, and then they use that as a reason to hate-fuck their victim into subjugation, and usually into some form of Stockholm Syndrome. Not always exactly how it plays out, but it's common enough. Another popular variation of this is the use of mind control via hypnosis, magic, or some gizmo to alter the victim over time until they essentially become a sex slave of some form.

2) Fuckfest Harem. These corruption games generally focus on tbe MC trying to find a way to seduce a large number of people in their life, who typically are not romantically attracted to the MC at the start. Might be friends, family, coworkers, other students, or someone you just randomly meet and then chatting with them becomes part of the daily routine. Regardless of the exact scenario, typically none of them want to fuck the MC at the start, and you as the player have to find various ways to get them rhem thinking of you as a sexual being. It can sometimes seem a bit like a loving harem on the surface, but in this one there's typically a much stronger emphasis on conquering and dominating the LIs. You have to keep pushing them and breaking down walls until eventually you convince them that you are in charge of the relationship and they should be happy about it. That they need to need you. Lots of these ones involve slowly exposing the partners increasingly more extreme sex acts until they unlock their hidden inner nympho/slut side. After that they're pretty much always horny and ready for you to shag their brains out any time any where on a moment's notice. Typically much less violent and abusive than the other type of corruption games, but there is still the psychological aspect to it that's pretty manipulative and abusive in its own way.

Again, just my own observations on rhe topic, and I'm not trying to say these are the only ways these games happen.

Reactions: hakarlman

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
Okay, so this is just coming from my own perspective. Your perspective/views might be different, and that's totally fine.

The loving kind of harem is all sweet and saccharine. Big happy love fest, everyone gets along for the most part. Nobody is treated as lesser than or whatever. They are all equals and treat each other well. All bright colors with good times and happy vibes. You get the idea yeah? Total fantasy, but they can be really fun to play through, and often have a lot of humor baked into the story lines for an added bonus. :D

The corruption variety of harem games can usually be split up into 2 parts:

1) Dark Harem: These can get pretty dark. Hell to be completely honest, they are almost always based around abusive and often manipulative relationships and are generally pretty rapey. The MC wil mistreat their "partners" in a variety of ways physically, emotionally, and psychologically throughout the course of the game. Often times it is depicted as a twisted/distorted (or just plain incorrect) interpretation of BDSM with a lot of emphasis placed on Master/Slave dynamics. Generally these games will try to show the MC pissed off at some supposed injustice their target has caused them, and then they use that as a reason to hate-fuck their victim into subjugation, and usually into some form of Stockholm Syndrome. Not always exactly how it plays out, but it's common enough. Another popular variation of this is the use of mind control via hypnosis, magic, or some gizmo to alter the victim over time until they essentially become a sex slave of some form.

2) Fuckfest Harem. These corruption games generally focus on tbe MC trying to find a way to seduce a large number of people in their life, who typically are not romantically attracted to the MC at the start. Might be friends, family, coworkers, other students, or someone you just randomly meet and then chatting with them becomes part of the daily routine. Regardless of the exact scenario, typically none of them want to fuck the MC at the start, and you as the player have to find various ways to get them rhem thinking of you as a sexual being. It can sometimes seem a bit like a loving harem on the surface, but in this one there's typically a much stronger emphasis on conquering and dominating the LIs. You have to keep pushing them and breaking down walls until eventually you convince them that you are in charge of the relationship and they should be happy about it. That they need to need you. Lots of these ones involve slowly exposing the partners increasingly more extreme sex acts until they unlock their hidden inner nympho/slut side. After that they're pretty much always horny and ready for you to shag their brains out any time any where on a moment's notice. Typically much less violent and abusive than the other type of corruption games, but there is still the psychological aspect to it that's pretty manipulative and abusive in its own way.

Again, just my own observations on rhe topic, and I'm not trying to say these are the only ways these games happen.
Very, very helpful. Could you cite some Harem games from each of the three categories?

GreenGobbo

Oct 18, 2018
Last edited:

Deleted member 229118

Oct 3, 2017
My personal point of view:

A loving romantic harem is sicking cute.
Everyone gets along, there is no jelousy and everyone is just the best of friends with benifits.

Corruption harem:
Suffering, Pain, Power, Control.
You are property and are threated like it.
Now cry for me bitch.
Corruption is all about that sweet sweet power rush.
That feeling of control over people.

The difference is that people like me who get off on power will trow up playing romantic game where everything is consented sex.
Where people who are oppiside of me will feel disguisted seeing woman broken into obediance and devotion/dependse.

It really is just a difference in how you interact with your harem.

Reactions: hakarlman

MomaySauce

Dec 26, 2021
I mean if you ask about the general differences then it's easy, your question above already answers it. If you ask what makes people attracted to them then it just comes to personal preference, Romance harem appeals to vanilla lovers, while sadist corrupt thing appeals to people who have said tendency like BDSM

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
I can't really think of examples of either off the top of my head, so I'll just describe what impression I get from each description and let that serve as the comparison.

The loving romantic harem is practically a family. Everyone has their own lives but they all come together at home. Sex is a natural part of adult relationships, but if the guy at the center of the harem suddenly couldn't have sex anymore it wouldn't just collapse. They'd all still care about each other.

The corrupt sadistic harem is entirely about sex. There's a strict hierarchy within the harem girls that usually get enforced through sexual dominance. The girls exist entirely for the guy with everything they do and accomplish being at his discretion. The girls were probably brought into the harem through BDSM and are all willing submissives to varying degrees who want to be controlled by the guy.

Reactions: GreenGobbo

zachsmafia1002

Jul 12, 2018
Well Mormons would be the loving harem, and the corrupt/slave harem is as said. I am too loving to be cruel and so I always feel bad playing the corrupt kinds of harem games, so instead I just look for the loving ones. It's also because I know what it's like to not be loved and to be hurt by those you do love, and I also have a great need for Love but a lack of social identity, nobody really knows me and I am always isolating myself out of actual pain from being around others. I am too alone to be around people, and so I choose to be alone to not bother anyone, because I know I am unable to be social. -Jack has typed too much for this thread and went off topic for some reason

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Well Mormons would be the loving harem, and the corrupt/slave harem is as said. I am too loving to be cruel and so I always feel bad playing the corrupt kinds of harem games, so instead I just look for the loving ones. It's also because I know what it's like to not be loved and to be hurt by those you do love, and I also have a great need for Love but a lack of social identity, nobody really knows me and I am always isolating myself out of actual pain from being around others. I am too alone to be around people, and so I choose to be alone to not bother anyone, because I know I am unable to be social. -Jack has typed too much for this thread and went off topic for some reason
1696928936431.jpeg

Reactions: zachsmafia1002