Unity - Abandoned - Lugdunia: The Rift [v0.0.4] [MystikoGames]

1. 1.00 star(s)

DKOC

Why 1 star?

1] The graphics are horrendous, whether it is on Normal, or an Ultra. Honestly, I did not see any difference in visual quality by bumping everything up to Ultra.

2] The intro sequence is long and tiresome and tedious and you can't skip any of it. You have to alternate between hitting the tiny Continue button, or waiting 5-6 seconds for a prompt to appear, or a combination of the two. It took me 10 minutes just to get into the actual game.

3] The font on button is extremely tiny. I'm using 1920x1080, and I have to get really close to the screen to read the text. ie the Continue button.

4] The dialogue isn't very good and the positioning of options are so close together that sometimes you are forced to select an option that you didn't want to take because two options got highlighted at once.

5] I'm not sure why it requires Windows 10, 64bit. It is Unity and it is using less than 3.3 gb of RAM. If this was UE4 or Cry Engine, then maybe, but it isn't, so not sure the reason for the requirements.

6] There is massive texture popin and popout. You just move the camera slightly and walls disappear... literally such that sunshine illuminates the room. Entire buildings pop in and pop out, constantly.

7] There is no ingame keybindings list. Also getting out of the main menu, once in game is extremely difficult. I hammered many different keys until one finally allowed me to exit it.

8] The tutorial is very poorly implemented.

9] There is no way to open up the main menu, once you get out of it. Thus I had to Task Manager it to exit it.

I couldn't play it longer than what I did. The constant flickering of assets and pop in and pop out was giving me a migraine, and so, I didn't find any adult content, didn't reach the combat and I couldn't even complete the tutorial. This "thing" isn't a game yet, it is a broken technical demo.

If these problems get fixed in the next build, I'll try it out again, and update this review. But for now, I'd avoid this like the plague.