DevinHesi

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2021

Witches & Wizards! Welcome to our weekly DevUpdate!

But first of all, let's set the mood with a little dad joke:
Why did the wizard get canceled?
Abuse of staff!

1727130438018.png

Well, we hope you had a good laugh! Now, let's talk about the release of Lust Academy 4.3.1B, a beta version.

Don't waste another second! You can find the details in the post:

After you've checked the latest release, come back here to take a look at what we've done this week:
Finished 79 new renders with Ashley, Audrey and Victoria.
Retouched 70 renders to add a special magical atmosphere!
Finished 5 full HD 60fps animations for hot scenes.
Finished dialogues for the Main storyline for version 4.4.1.
Finished dialogues for Kayla's storyline for version 4.4.1.
Finished dialogues for Audrey's storyline for version 4.4.1.

That's it for today! Stay tuned for more updates and have a great week!

With love,
Bear in the Night team.

May 2, 2020

Witches & Wizards! Welcome to our weekly DevUpdate!

But first of all, let's set the mood with a little dad joke:
Why did the wizard get canceled?
Abuse of staff!

View attachment 4064187

Well, we hope you had a good laugh! Now, let's talk about the release of Lust Academy 4.3.1B, a beta version.

Don't waste another second! You can find the details in the post:

After you've checked the latest release, come back here to take a look at what we've done this week:
Finished 79 new renders with Ashley, Audrey and Victoria.
Retouched 70 renders to add a special magical atmosphere!
Finished 5 full HD 60fps animations for hot scenes.
Finished dialogues for the Main storyline for version 4.4.1.
Finished dialogues for Kayla's storyline for version 4.4.1.
Finished dialogues for Audrey's storyline for version 4.4.1.

That's it for today! Stay tuned for more updates and have a great week!

With love,
Bear in the Night team.
More Victoria scenes? Nice :love:

Sauras1

Aug 3, 2021
More Victoria scenes? Nice :love:
I also want a scene with her, finally. But I don’t delude myself too much, because Victoria was mentioned twice in weekly reports, but in version 4.3.1 there is no scene with her. I asked a person with access to beta on discord.
Most likely, the scene with her will be in the season finale, where before leaving school they will give the choice of either her or Sabrina, as was the case at the end of season 2.

Reactions: The_Stifmeister

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
just finished season 3 after letting content build up since 3.7 to get the end in one playthrough.
the English quality really took a nosedive. it's a pity because there was a clear improvement at the start of season 3.
tons of typos and errors. but most importantly, the dialogs are really bad. vocabulary is either weird or super basic. the vast majority of the lines are not how normal fluent people would speak. I was thinking of just pointing out the mistakes if there was a few, but it's just everywhere, every scene, almost every line.
it's a shame because some of the secondary plot lines could be interesting if written properly.
did the competent proofreaders leave the team ?

completing all the puzzles in the game on MC's laptop doesn't give any reward. the reward is supposed to be the AI generated images used for the puzzles ?

MC gets a card from Willow for Elijah that is supposed to feature a girl named "Madison Star" but when Elijah has the whole collection available in his room, there is no card with that name... :D

the sex scene for Dakota is a mess, the animations and renders are in the wrong order. it's weird that it got a passed from all the beta testers :D

Wendy deceived, lied and manipulated Alice, but Alice still blindly believes her friend without checking for herself there is something really wrong with her... :D where is MC's reputation coming from anyway ? literally every girl wants to keep their relationship and sex encounters secret from everyone else, except maybe Haley. So the logical answer should be jealous guys, and Wendy went to guys that she hates to learn about MC ? talk about a "reliable" source :D if Wendy went to ask girls about MC, they would all say that he is a good guy while hiding the details.

MC never asked Theresa or Leona from what world Theresa is from... that would be the very first thing anyone asks when told that Theresa comes from another world even though she is human.

MC seems like an incompetent gullible idiot when sent on those long missions in other academies... he knows something is wrong with the sources of power, he knows the overlord ALWAYS has a possessed agent, he knows he has to be on his guard and should suspect everyone, but he still falls for all the most obvious stupid traps. he always gets tripped and gets saved by pure luck and plot armor, yet his ego still inflates continuously, thinking he is invincible... :D

hiding scenes from the gallery is a weird choice, as it hinders replayability from completionists. hiding content is a bold choice for a game that literally lives from the quantity of content :D

Last edited:
Reactions: RobLocksley
May 2, 2020
I also want a scene with her, finally. But I don’t delude myself too much, because Victoria was mentioned twice in weekly reports, but in version 4.3.1 there is no scene with her. I asked a person with access to beta on discord.
Most likely, the scene with her will be in the season finale, where before leaving school they will give the choice of either her or Sabrina, as was the case at the end of season 2.
I know Victoria is likely the most hyped character but 4 seasons and only 1 fucking scene...

Sauras1

Aug 3, 2021
I know Victoria is likely the most hyped character but 4 seasons and only 1 fucking scene...
And this is the reason why they add scenes with her at the end of the season, as they did with the third season.
Not long ago they held a vote where they asked which characters to pay more attention to. Victoria came first.
If they added a scene with her now, many would simply give up on the game. I didn't get through the third season, I just got bored. It’s a gift that at least they added a scene with her.

Reactions: The_Stifmeister

Sony676

Mar 14, 2021
And this is the reason why they add scenes with her at the end of the season, as they did with the third season.
Not long ago they held a vote where they asked which characters to pay more attention to. Victoria came first.
If they added a scene with her now, many would simply give up on the game. I didn't get through the third season, I just got bored. It’s a gift that at least they added a scene with her.
Well in the patreon comments many people already ask for scenes with her since Sabrina (who came second in milf votings) already received tons of scenes. The questions comes up mostly in each new version or the weekly devlog (when Victoria doesn't get mentioned at all). Some also ask in Discord. Thing is the first scene with her was SO underwhelming that it still hurts. Such a short scene, only two postions and not many camera angles. They did her dirty if you ask me. I really hope the dev notices the love for this character and brings some justice to her. While she has been there since season 1 they introduced TONS of new chars that already got multiple sex scenes. But well, I at least love the dev for giving weekly devlogs and one version per month. That's so rare these days and even though it only takes one month it always offers more content than other games that take like half a year or longer for an update. So I also will not give up hope on them for finally bringing us more Victoria.

May 2, 2020
Well in the patreon comments many people already ask for scenes with her since Sabrina (who came second in milf votings) already received tons of scenes. The questions comes up mostly in each new version or the weekly devlog (when Victoria doesn't get mentioned at all). Some also ask in Discord. Thing is the first scene with her was SO underwhelming that it still hurts. Such a short scene, only two postions and not many camera angles. They did her dirty if you ask me. I really hope the dev notices the love for this character and brings some justice to her. While she has been there since season 1 they introduced TONS of new chars that already got multiple sex scenes. But well, I at least love the dev for giving weekly devlogs and one version per month. That's so rare these days and even though it only takes one month it always offers more content than other games that take like half a year or longer for an update. So I also will not give up hope on them for finally bringing us more Victoria.
I hope more Amelie too, usually in games like this (with complete seasons/chapters) the main LIs had priority with bigger scenes and different positions

Sauras1

Aug 3, 2021
Regarding your assessment of the scene, I agree with her. The scene was disappointing.
I can also understand the logic of the developers: for them Victoria is a kind of trump card. And apparently, this character has a huge number of admirers. And if such people are given one well-developed scene with it, then they may simply lose interest in the game.
We will get one scene with her at the end of the season, most likely. Just like it was in the finale of season 2, only now it will no longer be a kiss, but sex.
But about others - a question. They may add a gasket, as in season 3, or they may not add it at all.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
there is also the fact that it makes sense for Victoria to not have many scenes for the coherence of the character. she is still MC's teacher, and she has a huge sense of responsibility and ethics. it's very hard for her to break her principles.
while Sabrina is no longer MC's teacher. she has more leeway to explore her feelings and relationship with MC.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Just played the intro of season 4, and the english quality has massively improved again from the abyss that was the end of season 3. it's still far from perfect, but now it's mostly "ok" though barely.

MC missing the vacation break is kind of a dick move for the fans of the girls that are outside of the academy :D

the hungover scenes that are back from the previous season seem to have lower image quality ? maybe it's bad compression for the videos or upscaled from 720p ? it's weird because the files in the previous season are ok, and the devs only needed to use the same files.

Sony676

Mar 14, 2021
there is also the fact that it makes sense for Victoria to not have many scenes for the coherence of the character. she is still MC's teacher, and she has a huge sense of responsibility and ethics. it's very hard for her to break her principles.
while Sabrina is no longer MC's teacher. she has more leeway to explore her feelings and relationship with MC.
Logic in erotic games? C'mon! :D Plus they already broke the barrier of having sex and she seemed to like it. It's not like they added tons of scenes with her afterwards or rushed anything. The exact opposite is the case and nothing close even happened afterwards. I personally hope for a different direction in the future between the MC and Victoria. Imo the devs somehow should consider the voting that happened ages ago. Otherwise I don't get the purpose of those polls back then. Last but not least I'm simply a huge Victoria fanboy. By far my favorite in the game.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Logic in erotic games? C'mon! :D Plus they already broke the barrier of having sex and she seemed to like it. It's not like they added tons of scenes with her afterwards or rushed anything. The exact opposite is the case and nothing close even happened afterwards. I personally hope for a different direction in the future between the MC and Victoria. Imo the devs somehow should consider the voting that happened ages ago. Otherwise I don't get the purpose of those polls back then. Last but not least I'm simply a huge Victoria fanboy. By far my favorite in the game.
the scene after was significant though... she admits her feelings and attraction, but she asks for more time to sort everything out in her mind and make a decision. from there, it makes sense that nothing else happens until she makes up her mind. and at the latest, it should be after she is no longer his teacher. :D
polls are just that. just a popularity contest. but they should not affect the direction of the game and the story. the devs have a story to tell, it should not be about popularity.

Sony676

Mar 14, 2021
the scene after was significant though... she admits her feelings and attraction, but she asks for more time to sort everything out in her mind and make a decision. from there, it makes sense that nothing else happens until she makes up her mind. and at the latest, it should be after she is no longer his teacher. :D
polls are just that. just a popularity contest. but they should not affect the direction of the game and the story. the devs have a story to tell, it should not be about popularity.
Then polls like that feel a little misleading cause it seemed like the devs wanted to know which characters we like the most since they also included nearly each and every category. But yeah, the scene afterwards kinda makes it clear that the following updates wouldn't offer a scene with her. Yet here I am hoping for a clear continuation of this part of their story so they can "sort it out" if you know what I mean. Again: I admit being a huge fanboy of hers. xD

Sauras1

Aug 3, 2021
In the context of history, I agree that this is possible. But Victoria can break the rules if she wants. She could have refused mc even then. And the fact that she's a teacher makes it even more spicy.
But ignoring surveys is at the very least stupid, otherwise there is no point in conducting them.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Then polls like that feel a little misleading cause it seemed like the devs wanted to know which characters we like the most since they also included nearly each and every category. But yeah, the scene afterwards kinda makes it clear that the following updates wouldn't offer a scene with her. Yet here I am hoping for a clear continuation of this part of their story so they can "sort it out" if you know what I mean. Again: I admit being a huge fanboy of hers. xD
it's not misleading. it's just fan service. allowing you to express your love for a character. doesn't have to mean anything more. it's just you that set yourself up for disappointment by putting more meaning into it :)

Victoria is your favorite, so you're biased in trying to find meaning to the poll result... :D but what about the fan that loves the character that ended up in last place ? should they get punished for liking a different character than you ? that's why it's just fair to ignore poll results.

In the context of history, I agree that this is possible. But Victoria can break the rules if she wants. She could have refused mc even then. And the fact that she's a teacher makes it even more spicy.
But ignoring surveys is at the very least stupid, otherwise there is no point in conducting them.
Victoria is not the kind of character that breaks the rules. she's the opposite. she was tempted once and fell on MC's dick because their situation was highly emotional and MC almost died... from her POV, it's the second time he almost died next to her. she could lose him at any moment, so allowing herself to be tempted was just human and natural in that moment.

it's not stupid at all. it's fair like I said. the point of the poll is just to drive engagement from the community...
you wanting the results to mean anything is just wishful thinking.
a dev that uses popularity to write the story and its direction just shows that they have no vision for their game except milk their users. the story won't make any sense, and the character will be as generic as fuck with no personality or motivation. pretty much just a succession of lewd scenes without a plan :D

Sony676

Mar 14, 2021
it's not misleading. it's just fan service. allowing you to express your love for a character. doesn't have to mean anything more. it's just you that set yourself up for disappointment by putting more meaning into it :)

Victoria is your favorite, so you're biased in trying to find meaning to the poll result... :D but what about the fan that loves the character that ended up in last place ? should they get punished for liking a different character than you ? that's why it's just fair to ignore poll results.
Again: Then I don't understand the purpose behind making so many different polls to begin with. Just to look at the popularity out of interest? Nah. Of course devs need to make a living out of their game so to me marketing-wise it only makes sense to use the popularity of some characters which could btw also mean that they develop the story between the MC and Victoria so slowy because she actually IS so popular. You could call that stretching or whatever but marketing-wise it makes sense. I mean there are people asking me in private if the current update features a Victoria scene cause if so they would re-subscribe. :D I've witnessed too many games with a popular milf char to believe that it's just about the vision and coherent storywriting. Naturally it also is about keeping subs and generating hype for a possible update with such a scene. Bear In The Night definetly offers many sex scenes throughout those seasons and at least there is this one short scene with Victoria so I would not go as far as calling it "Blueballing" or stuff like that. But again: I'm 100% sure that popularity votings always kinda affect your development plan cause you don't want to "waste" your most popular characters. If it fits within the story of the char anyways? Perfect.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Again: Then I don't understand the purpose behind making so many different polls to begin with. Just to look at the popularity out of interest? Nah. Of course devs need to make a living out of their game so to me marketing-wise it only makes sense to use the popularity of some characters which could btw also mean that they develop the story between the MC and Victoria so slowy because she actually IS so popular. You could call that stretching or whatever but marketing-wise it makes sense. I mean there are people asking me in private if the current update features a Victoria scene cause if so they would re-subscribe. :D I've witnessed too many games with a popular milf char to believe that it's just about the vision and coherent storywriting. Naturally it also is about keeping subs and generating hype for a possible update with such a scene. Bear In The Night definetly offers many sex scenes throughout those seasons and at least there is this one short scene with Victoria so I would not go as far as calling it "Blueballing" or stuff like that. But again: I'm 100% sure that popularity votings always kinda affect your development plan cause you don't want to "waste" your most popular characters. If it fits within the story of the char anyways? Perfect.
if it was just about popularity, it would be easy to just flood the game with scenes with her... if the character is popular and she gets more scenes, people are more likely to stay and keep playing. making her scenes scarce is counter productive, marketing wise, it's the opposite. the fact that so many people ask you if there are scenes with her shows that they stopped playing because there are no scenes with her...
the polls are just out of curiosity, and to create interest, garner engagement... it's basic community management.

if a dev changes his plans because of a popularity poll, you can bet that the game will be a failure. there are tons of examples of that already.
the character is popular for a reason. if you change that reason, then she will indeed be wasted. not the other way around. it's not just because she is a trope or type.
it's easy to do small fan service stuff to keep the interest alive for a beloved character too. there is no reason to destroy their story, and bend over backwards.

3.80 star(s) 169 Votes