VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Lust Selection [Ep. 2] [Select GameWorks]

1. 2.00 star(s)

SmokinDragon

Graphics: Good to great. Artstyle is phenomenal.
    Story: The worst

When writing in an episodic fashion, its more important then ever, even if the plot and story is vague, and will be for a few more episodes, that there is some hook to keep the reader interested while the plot develops. I am sorry to say that while the eventual plot seems promising, there is no such hook here, and even worse, I came away from the first 2 episodes actively hating the main character, the protagonist, my alter ego in the story.

The player has very little agency, which is a common thing in visual novels, but when no agency is coupled with what might very well be the most disgusting and fucked up MC ever, it just leaves you wanting to take a nice hot shower to try and remove all the grime and dirt you feel covered in having played the game.

Any person who observes a sexual assault and doesn't report it deserves nothing but the utmost contempt. Having the perpetrator's family actively try and persuade both the victim and the MC to not report it is as slimy as it get, or so I thought, before witnessing said persuasion actually working. That easily took first price, but only for a few minutes... as the MC then lies to the victim, and knowingly and with full intent, lets the victim and the assaulter be trapped in a confined space, all for the sake of a plan to have the assaulter thrown in jail. And to top it off, this new plan (which is entirely unnecessary) revolves around NOT informing the victim of the plan at all.

The MC is a douchebag, but more than that, without much agency from the player to direct the story, the player is made to feel like a colossal douchebag himself. If I ever met the MC I would punch him, hard, then kick him in the balls until he was unconscious, and hopefully made sure his genes wouldn't propagate to a new generation...
  2. 2.00 star(s)

trumpthatbitch

The graphics are very good. The music is nice. The production values are quite high.

However, the story makes no sense particularly the MC hairbrained schemes that are overly complex. I don't know if they are done in humor but they aren't funny just stupid.

The dumbest has to be the rape scene so you save her which results her in getting finger banged in a non consensual manner. The family just decided not to call police? What? But wait they have a plan to have the police called later just in another manner? WTF? Just dumb. He then uses the love interest as bait without her knowledge it falls apart and she is almost assaulted again but she is totally cool afterwards. Why? I dunno.

Game writing is god awful and is just stupid it makes rape appear as not a big deal not in a typical corruption type way just no one cares.

That is without getting into the whole stalking thing which seems to be written from the perspective we must get the stalker to stop by convincing him she is with someone else. Instead just not giving a fuck what the stalker thinks and calling the police. Another hairbrained badly written scenario

I am not mr pc by my username but dear god this must be written by a serial rapist

So my rating is as follows
    4/5 graphics some of the poses didn't quite mesh naturally first scene on the counter looked like two images super imposed on each other

Sound 5/5

Writing 0/5
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Salopio

For people which asking, this game is a simply VN game, so there's no grinding, etc.. Personnally I prefer this kind of game.

I think it's the first time I play a game which has only one update (one episode). And usually I don't like 2D arts game but theses arts are waw. The story is really good, I was already involved. English is not my main language and It's the first time I needed to use translation for some words / sentences.

Currently I don't think choice really matters but I hope it would.

For a new game I think the content is quite good but I hope to see frequently update but I prefer wait for good content than rushing content.

I encounter zero bugs through the gameplay on my PC.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Buddy45

(Based on episode 1.)
    Amazing! Kept me hooked throughout the story and made me laugh at points. I mean, the car scene very good but also hilarious :p This game is original! A lot of work has been put into the plot & dialogues! I also really liked the art style.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 609064

I really enjoyed this demo and can't wait for the first release.

Great story, graphics are good enough for a demo, the characters are believable, and the sex is hot considering how little there is and the circumstances under which it occurs.

A+ for a demo.