Ren'Py Lustful Vengeance [v0.1a] [FuKyria Studios]

FuKyriaStudios

Apr 12, 2024
00.jpg

Overview:
After a series of unfortunate events, our protagonist reached a point in his life where nothing mattered anymore. He had tried everything to change his situation, but things only got worse with every step he took forward, as if someone or something was manipulating the actions around him. With no loved ones by his side, no strength to continue, and no opportunities to see a glimmer of hope in his future, he decided to drink as if there were no tomorrow. However, upon waking up, something impossible happened...
Thread Updated: 2024-07-04
Release Date: 2024-07-01
Developer: FuKyria Studios - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.1a
Language: English, Spanish
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux
: - - - -
Android: - - - -

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

PopotoProductions

Game Developer
May 22, 2024
Just finished the current version and I'd say it feels pretty promising as far as the story and art go :) I like the character designs and the few scenes we're teased with look good !

I had some trouble navigating in the house at first, knowing exactly where to click and which door led to where, so I guess that can be improved. Same goes for the phone UI, it's well done (especially with that vertical to horizontal animation) but looking at stuff like the objectives take several clicks and a few seconds, which can be bothersome if you check that often

Speaking of objectives... right now I wouldn't really describe the game as sandbox as it's still very hand-holdy, though I don't know if that will open up afterwards. For now I didn't feel very engaged in the moment to moment gameplay (putting laundry to dry, picking up school supplies, having to look at the window to reflect, etc)

Having the choices affect multiple characters' relationships in different ways was a good surprise too. It makes me think that the game could be replayable with different endings, which is a plus

Also, is it normal if we're unable to rollback in the dialogues ? For a Renpy game that felt kinda weird

Last edited:

Jdiezel

Jun 28, 2022
Just finished the current version and I'd say it feels pretty promising as far as the story and art go :) I like the character designs and the few scenes we're teased with look good !

I had some trouble navigating in the house at first, knowing exactly where to click and which door led to where, so I guess that can be improved. Same goes for the phone UI, it's well done (especially with that vertical to horizontal animation) but looking at stuff like the objectives take several clicks and a few seconds, which can be bothersome if you check that often

Speaking of objectives... right now I wouldn't really describe the game as sandbox as it's still very hand-holdy, though I don't know if that will open up afterwards. For now I didn't feel very engaged in the moment to moment gameplay (putting laundry to dry, picking up school supplies, having to look at the window to reflect, etc)

Having the choices affect different characters' relationships was a good surprise too. It makes me think that the game could be replayable with different endings, which is a plus

Also, is it normal if we're unable to rollback in the dialogues ? For a Renpy game that felt kinda weird
how long did it take you? is there a decent amount of content or am i better off waiting a bit?

Reactions: FuKyriaStudios

FuKyriaStudios

Apr 12, 2024
I will try to give as detailed a response as possible, and in advance, thank you for these points in question. PopotoProductions

Thanks for your suggestions.

Reactions: unusedthrowaway

PopotoProductions

Game Developer
May 22, 2024
how long did it take you? is there a decent amount of content or am i better off waiting a bit?
It took me around 20 min, though it would obviously be a lot quicker without reading any text. There's not much content yet (though there's a disclaimer about that at the start so I wasn't expecting much) but I don't regret dipping a toe in the game. You can see it as a demo to decide if you want to follow their work afterwards. I know I will.

I will try to give as detailed a response as possible, and in advance, thank you for these points in question.
Yes, certainly we want to improve that. At first, we had thought about using arrows, but we didn't know if that would ruin the atmosphere.
I think some indicators to hint at the fact that certain parts of the screen can be clicked would probably be enough. For example, on the 2nd floor on the screen that leads to Sophie's room and the window, instead of clicking a chunk of the empty corridor, you could have some part of rug in the corner. That way, the player know that the corridor continues that way and thinks about clicking it to go back. I'm not sure if I'm being clear enough lol

I see, the cell phone with the missions issue can be a problem, right?
I wouldn't say it's an issue, just something that I thought of while playing the game. Maybe that's a "me" thing, so you should wait for other players' input before acting on that. The way I see it, you could have one of the icons on the right be a shortcut to the list of objectives, because it's probably a menu the player will want to see often

Well, sandbox... I guess there's no point in hiding this, really. The next update (0.1b) will still be linear, so you won't be able to leave the house. However, starting from 0.2, we will add (or at least hope to) the university and possibly other areas. We want an open world with various alternatives for the player, where you can complete missions/tasks by deciding which one to prioritize first, even some missions that might be missed, but we are still thinking about this.
Right, this is a good news as it means (I guess) that we'll have other characters to interact with, and honestly as I said the character design is pretty sweet so I'd love to see what other romances there could be

Yes, I had thought about multiple endings (I'm the writer), although it is a bit difficult for me to think about it without giving the artist too much workload. But yes, I would love to give the possibility of obtaining a different ending. For now, I am trying to see a script that can give different future events depending on the actions, although this will be seen soon.
Oh I see, sure this might be a little early to plan different endings, though having the text change depending on the affection level would already be nice :)

I'll be honest with you about this, the programmer shouted "I want Darksouls level difficulty in an erotic game........" or something like that, saying that not being able to go back would give the game more difficulty. Personally, I didn't want that, but well, I suppose if people opt for a different point of view, then we can do something about it.
I'm a bit concerned about this point, to be honest :unsure: I think most people are less patient about difficulty when they're playing an erotic game than when they're playing a "regular" game. And my opinion is that a VN Renpy game with a high difficulty would probably end up being obtuse and frustrating. If you read some reviews or comments made on games on this site, you'll see that a lot of people ask for help or drop games that are too grindy... and we can't really blame them
Another thing : this is just my personal opinion but I don't think it's a good idea to talk about these kinds of disagreements among your team on the first page of your game thread. It's not very reassuring to see that the programmer and the writer have a different take on what the game should be at its core ^^'

In any case, I hope you the best for the rest of the development !

Reactions: FuKyriaStudios

FuKyriaStudios

Apr 12, 2024
Yes, that is a topic we are trying to discuss. I suppose that in future versions we could make a change if more people mentioned it, the programmer would surely think about it again.

I'm a bit concerned about this point, to be honest :unsure: I think most people are less patient about difficulty when they're playing an erotic game than when they're playing a "regular" game. And my opinion is that a VN Renpy game with a high difficulty would probably end up being obtuse and frustrating. If you read some reviews or comments made on games on this site, you'll see that a lot of people ask for help or drop games that are too grindy... and we can't really blame them
Another thing : this is just my personal opinion but I don't think it's a good idea to talk about these kinds of disagreements among your team on the first page of your game thread. It's not very reassuring to see that the programmer and the writer have a different take on what the game should be at its core ^^'

Reactions: PopotoProductions

FuKyriaStudios

Apr 12, 2024
Regarding that, you first have to obtain the quest that asks you to find the backpack.
Why can't I click on the backpack.?

Yes, I have already thought of some changes to make the UI easier. In the next version, it should be more accessible with most activities present. Thank you for your opinion.
Really like the art style, UI isn't too bad but I would change the light switch to an actual switch on the wall instead of it being in a menu.

Definitely looking forward to future updates!

orangutaint

Jun 29, 2018
Regarding that, you first have to obtain the quest that asks you to find the backpack.

Yes, I have already thought of some changes to make the UI easier. In the next version, it should be more accessible with most activities present. Thank you for your opinion.
I got the quest, which is why I want to click on it. but it won't let me.