Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
Because it was something new and interesting, but a couple of lines of a monologue turned the game into yet another simulator of a schoolboy mom-fuck.
I have nothing against the genre in general. There are many games in this genre that I like. But why put it in every game?
It's one of the biggest fetishes in the world and it has next to no impact on the actual narrative since it's not a game built around the premise. And given your wording, you obviously do have something against the genre or you wouldn't count its inclusion as an explicit negative that takes way from the game.

Mar 23, 2021
Because it was something new and interesting, but a couple of lines of a monologue turned the game into yet another simulator of a schoolboy mom-fuck.
I have nothing against the genre in general. There are many games in this genre that I like. But why put it in every game?
Because, it's their choice.

Reactions: ponk01

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
I made a name change mod for v0.22a

If you want to use you old save, you should be able to just enter in the console
mcname = name

I haven't fully play tested it yet. I did notice there is one variable named Jimmy, so if anything is broken its probably related to that.

it also probably add the incest patch as well( I haven't looked through the whole incest patch to see if it has the full patch in this file or just part of it).
I'm not confident about this but here goes nothing..

mag5246

Jun 3, 2017
It's one of the biggest fetishes in the world
This is the main problem. This is the easiest way to engage an audience.
There is no need to invent new characters, to introduce them into the plot logically, to make the plot itself interesting. You don't have to think of anything at all. Just add landlady, older tenant and younger tenant. Change the background a little. And voila, the plot and characters are ready.
But essentially it's the same story over and over again. It makes a game that started out as something fresh much more boring. It was as if I started reading a new book and realized that after the introduction it was a set of the most banal clichés.
But I am neutral to the genre itself, it does not repel me, but it does not attract me either.

LuckyGJK

Feb 21, 2018
There is no need to invent new characters, to introduce them into the plot logically, to make the plot itself interesting. You don't have to think of anything at all. Just add landlady, older tenant and younger tenant. Change the background a little. And voila, the plot and characters are ready.
But essentially it's the same story over and over again. It makes a game that started out as something fresh much more boring. It was as if I started reading a new book and realized that after the introduction it was a set of the most banal clichés.
But I am neutral to the genre itself, it does not repel me, but it does not attract me either.
Imagine being this upset about a free game that you're not forced to play. Don't put the patch in if it's affecting you that badly.

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
You're really acting like the incest angle is the focus of the game when it's basically a peripheral detail as far as the game and story are concerned, you can axe the characters entirely and the vast majority of the events and cast remain completely unchanged. The very presence of incest characters has you completely tilted.

Also, people who are neutral towards something don't rant about how much they subjectively dislike it and directly and repeatedly deride it over several consecutive posts. Who are you trying to convince here?

raptorcoop022

Apr 3, 2021
Help. An Error occurs when attempting to go to headmaster's office (Miss Dawson)
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/maincampusmaps.rpy", line 12, in script
    if dawsoncalltwo == False:
  File "game/maincampusmaps.rpy", line 12, in <module>
NameError: name 'dawsoncalltwo' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/maincampusmaps.rpy", line 12, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1898, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/maincampusmaps.rpy", line 12, in <module>
NameError: name 'dawsoncalltwo' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Lustworth Academy Alpha v0.23.1
Tue May 17 23:31:11 2022

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes