RPGM - Completed - Luxuria [Clymenia]

1. 2.00 star(s)

manWHAT

The prequel to its better-known title, Liz and the Tower of Grimoire. If you've liked the other game, skip this one. Gameplay is very repetitive, having to grind for both a corruption stat and for your character's levels. H-scenes are just the same poses recycled over and over. There's not much to Aisha's personality. She finds the grimoire of lust, that's it.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

throwveryfar

Music is default and gameplay is RPGM gameplay. No depth to it. Some story, seems to tie into Liz and Tower of Grimoire somewhat.
    Art is good though and scenes are easy to get, without grinding through battles you can finish the game easily under 2 hours.
    If I didn't need to keep holding Shift down to walk acceptable speed, would be 3/5. But alas, have to hold it to run so it gets 2 for good art and sexy nympho.
    Gallery (usual RPGM one in some kind of dungeon) lists requirements for unlocking each scene. +1 to score, that's really nice QoL.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1514239

I was excited to find this game after first playing "Liz - The Tower and the Grimoire," since this game stars Aisha (Liz' master) in a "prequel." I gave Liz 5 stars and view it as a seminal* RPGM game.

Alas, Luxuria doesn't come close to matching Liz. But it is worth playing nonetheless (see my "guide" in the comments to make for a more efficient / pleasant gaming experience).

Good:
    - Renders
    - Storyline (i.e. there is one)
    - No bugs
    - Gallery
    - Not a lot of needless "RPGM" running around

Meh:
    - There are only about 6 or 7 sexy poses, which are used over and over in different settings / scenes. The dialogue / situations do vary, which provides some sexiness.
    - No "hide text" key
    - No "accelerate text" key

Bad:
    - More grinding through repetitive scenes in the first city -- Tavern is repetitive. Armory is repetitive. Warehouse seems to do nothing.
    - You can't see all scenes without playing a couple of times (again, see my guide in the comments to make this as easy as possible), because if your Shame drops below a certain level then some scenes are lost to you (I liked the function in Liz that allowed you to reset your corruption within the game).

*Seminal is defined as 1. strongly influencing later developments or 2. relating to or denoting semen. I may have to use this word more frequently when writing reviews. :)
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Antherax

its the prequel of "Liz of the tower".Quite short imo, yet pleasant.Worth playing only if u have played or will play Liz of the tower because it adds extra info for aisha which were missing from the sequel Otherwise is not that amazing of a game.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Gin_Uroboros

Short but i liked

The mechanics are simple and no frustate the player. The Clymenia games are so Nukige and i liked that genre, but not much rpg take that way and focus in the history or the system battle, Eroges must have a History whit a inmersive ambient.

Other game what a liked its Claire Quest and both made me feels liberty and worry for the protagonist, the way i want, the way i can do it.