VN Ren'Py Lycoris Radiata [Ch.6 Public] [Kuro]

4.30 star(s) 37 Votes

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
For some reason no save file has been detected from the previous version when I played this update. Good thing, simply importing the previous save works just fine.

Reactions: lunar517

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Christ almighty... that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
are neat, not gonna lie. I'm impressed with that angle of the story so far. But, having certain routes be available only on some doors the player is willing to choose is kinda bad. It'll be unnecessary much be longer and some other problems or something.

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
I quite liked the remake to this, the MC is definitely more edgy which I don't particularly dislike and it has a bit more humour and it filled in a few plot holes. The new update was good, we learnt a lot more about the MC's personality which was a bit of a twist that I didn't really see coming and could provide a decent function going forward and we met a few new interesting characters, Sayuri looks a tad scary and we also found out a little of who Nobume is to MC.

One thing I'm interested in finding out is who Akira is, unless I missed something it was said during the story that Yagami family members are known to have the trait of red eyes and silver hair to which she has neither.

It's a shame the dev is being so tight lipped on what's to come, I asked about future tags on itch.io and all I really got was sci-fi, technically no incest and I guess on harem.

This could also really do with some updated tags and the pictures in the OP changing as they're from the original before the remake.

bjhbjh1234

Jul 3, 2020
Not sure how I feel about this update. The plot is somewhat interesting, and I like most of the female characters. However, I do not really like the multi-personality, branching choices, and locked characters paths (was kind of hoping for a harem game but I guess not).

Streakmaker26

Dec 29, 2021
Not sure how I feel about this update. The plot is somewhat interesting, and I like most of the female characters. However, I do not really like the multi-personality, branching choices, and locked characters paths (was kind of hoping for a harem game but I guess not).
I was thinking the same thing, i almost feel cheated when i've up until then, thought i followed a badass egdy mc with a screwed up past and now i find out some creeper was watching and made more progress with the women in the few instances where he out knowhere became the new mc for short time(blackouts) and my guy wakes up knowing nothing about what just happened, i kinda feel like inei just got thrown out the window, which is sad because he was personally one of the things i liked most about the game.

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
Lycoris Radiata [Ch 4 ] Compressed (Half-Tested)

Win/Linux/Mac (2 GB/ 575 MB) : ,

Last edited:

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
I was thinking the same thing, i almost feel cheated when i've up until then, thought i followed a badass egdy mc with a screwed up past and now i find out some creeper was watching and made more progress with the women in the few instances where he out knowhere became the new mc for short time(blackouts) and my guy wakes up knowing nothing about what just happened, i kinda feel like inei just got thrown out the window, which is sad because he was personally one of the things i liked most about the game.
I don't particularly like the fact than Ren is always watching and that Inei forgets everything when Ren is in control, but in regards to each personality making progress with women so far Ren has only properly interacted with Nobume hasn't he? it was Inei with Luna and also Inei who Artemis & Diana love, it will be interesting to see where the dev goes with this. If you have any questions for the dev ask him on itch.io he tends to answer on there, although as I mentioned before he refuses to give much away.

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
I don't particularly like the fact than Ren is always watching and that Inei forgets everything when Ren is in control, but in regards to each personality making progress with women so far Ren has only properly interacted with Nobume hasn't he? it was Inei with Luna and also Inei who Artemis & Diana love, it will be interesting to see where the dev goes with this. If you have any questions for the dev ask him on itch.io he tends to answer on there, although as I mentioned before he refuses to give much away.
Really agreed with this... I have mixed feeling that Inei often gets pushed around by Ren in this relationship. I'm more attached to Inei of course (even with the personality remake), as he is the one who we play as from the very beginning of the game. Lastly, the dev should have an account here. Varied comments can be seen here and there, it would be really nice if he is not just looking at Itch for comments.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
- man, Mirai... (I think that's the name of the white haired girl), in the game it is said that the protagonist is 19 years old and that Mirai, her younger sister is two years younger, that means she has 17 years old and thus considered a child for sexual intercourse. If the author has the audacity to put Mirai as a character who can have a romance with the mc, I hope Patreon takes the game down because the guy literally supports pedophilia and doesn't even come with the '' loli'' argument that's actually passing cloth for pedophilia.
Just sayin' but you might want to brush up on your age-of-consent laws.

Reactions: Ash_Knight

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Ok, just haven't scrolled through comments as I am just really getting started on this. Part way through Chapter 2, is the MC always going to be an asshole? I mean, I get it if that's the intention, but I am not too sure I could go through all of this for him to be like that the whole time. Just my personal preference to be more of a nicer person.

Reactions: Motoko Kusanagi
May 2, 2018
Having just reached the end of the current version; It's pretty good atm? I'd try it again when it's got more content for sure.
I'm not sure I'd agree with the Eternum observation, IMO Eternum is consistently top quality. This has some similar highs but also not quite as consistent at it. The personality swapping and locked girls based on personality are also potential negatives depending on how well they are executed.

One to watch, regardless.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Just finished the update, and huh, never thought this would go through a remake.
Just went through it again thinking of it as a refresher, but I think the game did benefit from the remake; with the renders looking a lot more polished than the initial release.

I'm remaining engaged in the story, though I think in terms of which MC personality is the more interesting one, I'd definitely have to say Inei definitely surpasses Ren by far (sure, Ren seems much more normal compared to Inei with Inei being edgy, rude, has sort of fucked up past with trauma, but I just feel that's what draws me more into Inei's character)

Anyone have any guesses as to likely route the LIs paths will be restricted to?
Other than Nobume (who I'm guessing will 99% be locked into Ren path), and Luna/Diana & Artemis (girls whom I'm guessing will 99% be locked into Inei path), regarding everyone else it is a bit ambiguous which paths they'll be in?

Given one of the posts above said technically no incest by dev (in his itch.io), I'm guessing Akira/Mirai paths would probably be Inei path as well (though is it really not incest, if only the personality/spirit is of another person yet the physical body is still of their brother? :unsure: )

bjhbjh1234

Jul 3, 2020
Given one of the posts above said technically no incest by dev (in his itch.io), I'm guessing Akira/Mirai paths would probably be Inei path as well (though is it really not incest, if only the personality/spirit is of another person yet the physical body is still of their brother? :unsure: )
It would still be incest (just because it is another personality does not mean they are not brother and sister), so I guess the question is then is Akira/Mirai LIs or not?

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
Just finished the update, and huh, never thought this would go through a remake.
Just went through it again thinking of it as a refresher, but I think the game did benefit from the remake; with the renders looking a lot more polished than the initial release.

I'm remaining engaged in the story, though I think in terms of which MC personality is the more interesting one, I'd definitely have to say Inei definitely surpasses Ren by far (sure, Ren seems much more normal compared to Inei with Inei being edgy, rude, has sort of fucked up past with trauma, but I just feel that's what draws me more into Inei's character)

Anyone have any guesses as to likely route the LIs paths will be restricted to?
Other than Nobume (who I'm guessing will 99% be locked into Ren path), and Luna/Diana & Artemis (girls whom I'm guessing will 99% be locked into Inei path), regarding everyone else it is a bit ambiguous which paths they'll be in?

The technically no incest was to a comment I made on itch.io, but with how little the dev wants to give away it's impossible to know what he means. After the recent story revelations which I mentioned in a previous post that mentions Yagami family members having silver hair and red eyes I assumed Akira is not our blood sister, I did wonder if that was some kind of link to what he meant, but who really knows.

I'm almost positive that you're correct that Nobume has to be all in on the Ren path whilst Luna, Diana & Artemis are Inei, tough to gauge by the small interaction but was it Sayori (the one who was head researcher) would probably be Inei as well, the only other two that we've met so far are Maeda & Mei I think and I've no idea what path they would be on, that's assuming they are actually all LI's.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
It would still be incest (just because it is another personality does not mean they are not brother and sister), so I guess the question is then is Akira/Mirai LIs or not?
The technically no incest was to a comment I made on itch.io, but with how little the dev wants to give away it's impossible to know what he means. After the recent story revelations which I mentioned in a previous post that mentions Yagami family members having silver hair and red eyes I assumed Akira is not our blood sister, I did wonder if that was some kind of link to what he meant, but who really knows.

I'm almost positive that you're correct that Nobume has to be all in on the Ren path whilst Luna, Diana & Artemis are Inei, tough to gauge by the small interaction but was it Sayori (the one who was head researcher) would probably be Inei as well, the only other two that we've met so far are Maeda & Mei I think and I've no idea what path they would be on, that's assuming they are actually all LI's.
Game seems to be pretty ambiguous as to the direction they will head regarding Akira & Mirai (contrast to character like Nobume, "who has that "Why are you acting like this, now he hates me now" line, as well as Ren and Nobu younger selves flashback scene, which solidifies her as Ren's LI)

You're right. The MC (Inei) even questions it saying only one of the sisters have red eyes (Mirai, but not Akira), none of them have grey hair. So it could be the case that Akira is the adoptive sister.
But I thought for the Zone's (this site's) definition of incest tag, incest basically includes "not just blood, but also step sibling, but also adoptive siblings as well."
So I dunno. Kinda feels like it's going on the muddy waters as to boundaries of these characters.

And it kinda also feels like the dev is in a lose-lose situation here. If the relationship between MC (whether Ren or Inei) and Akira/Mirai becomes LI relationship, some will have problem saying "it's incest" whereas if they are just left to be brother and sister relationship (and doesn't take it further), then there will also be folks mad saying "Why are you dangling these pretty girls in front of me and not letting me romance them."
As the saying goes in the Witcher, seems like dev will have to choose "the Lesser Evil" lol.

Yeah, I agree Sayori seems to fit more with Inei (given she wants to use MC as her guinea pig, only viable option looks like Inei, otherwise Ren would be dead in her first guinea pig experiment lol).
Mei, while it is possible to be on either one, I'm leaning slightly on Inei path. Her first interaction with MC was as his Inei personality, and I think Inei's "bullying Honda" aspect is a big positive with Mei in terms of their banter.
Maeda, she could go either way.

From the looks of it, since the game started off with Inei's personality, a lot of LIs seems to be heavily stacked for Inei's path (with exception of Nobume) and there's just not as many LIs stacked for Ren (ones like Akira and Mirai, if they become LIs they'll likely be crossing over to that incest territory).
I mean not that it really matters since I do prefer Inei (over Ren), but if dev's objective was to diversify/branch out more with different MC persona (i.e. Ren), I'm not sure it's that much of a success (though I could be wrong).

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
Game seems to be pretty ambiguous as to the direction they will head regarding Akira & Mirai (contrast to character like Nobume, "who has that "Why are you acting like this, now he hates me now" line, as well as Ren and Nobu younger selves flashback scene, which solidifies her as Ren's LI)

You're right. The MC (Inei) even questions it saying only one of the sisters have red eyes (Mirai, but not Akira), none of them have grey hair. So it could be the case that Akira is the adoptive sister.
But I thought for the Zone's (this site's) definition of incest tag, incest basically includes "not just blood, but also step sibling, but also adoptive siblings as well."
So I dunno. Kinda feels like it's going on the muddy waters as to boundaries of these characters.

And it kinda also feels like the dev is in a lose-lose situation here. If the relationship between MC (whether Ren or Inei) and Akira/Mirai becomes LI relationship, some will have problem saying "it's incest" whereas if they are just left to be brother and sister relationship (and doesn't take it further), then there will also be folks mad saying "Why are you dangling these pretty girls in front of me and not letting me romance them."
As the saying goes in the Witcher, seems like dev will have to choose "the Lesser Evil" lol.

Yeah, I agree Sayori seems to fit more with Inei (given she wants to use MC as her guinea pig, only viable option looks like Inei, otherwise Ren would be dead in her first guinea pig experiment lol).
Mei, while it is possible to be on either one, I'm leaning slightly on Inei path. Her first interaction with MC was as his Inei personality, and I think Inei's "bullying Honda" aspect is a big positive with Mei in terms of their banter.
Maeda, she could go either way.

From the looks of it, since the game started off with Inei's personality, a lot of LIs seems to be heavily stacked for Inei's path (with exception of Nobume) and there's just not as many LIs stacked for Ren (ones like Akira and Mirai, if they become LIs they'll likely be crossing over to that incest territory).
I mean not that it really matters since I do prefer Inei (over Ren), but if dev's objective was to diversify/branch out more with different MC persona (i.e. Ren), I'm not sure it's that much of a success (though I could be wrong).
I would agree that making Akira/Mirai non LI probably wouldn't go down well with many, especially for Akira as she definitely appears to have been dangled in front of us, when you consider her interactions with MC so far she definitely comes off as brocon as mentioned by Nobume, and she clearly comes off as either annoyed or jealous when other women are mentioned, this can easily be spotted after MC meets Luna.

Would probably agree with Mei being linked more to Inei, and come to think of it maybe even Maede, when they first meet she does say his personality is interesting but doesn't seem to be put off by it.

I don't want spoilers but I wish the dev would just be a little clearer on what to expect, it's like his comment saying 'I guess harem' like what does that mean? it's all very confusing.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I would agree that making Akira/Mirai non LI probably wouldn't go down well with many, especially for Akira as she definitely appears to have been dangled in front of us, when you consider her interactions with MC so far she definitely comes off as brocon as mentioned by Nobume, and she clearly comes off as either annoyed or jealous when other women are mentioned, this can easily be spotted after MC meets Luna.

Would probably agree with Mei being linked more to Inei, and come to think of it maybe even Maede, when they first meet she does say his personality is interesting but doesn't seem to be put off by it.

I don't want spoilers but I wish the dev would just be a little clearer on what to expect, it's like his comment saying 'I guess harem' like what does that mean? it's all very confusing.
Yeah, I think the dangling was more blatant in terms of Akira with her embracing and trying to spend more and more time with MC (meanwhile Mirai, despite her hugs and affections, her actions can actually quite possibly be just interpreted as just sibling love).

Tbh I'm not even sure how a Ren path would even properly work in terms of the story.
It's been set up from beginning as Inei is the dominant personality with Ren being the receding personality (and in terms of Grandpa's story about MC's mom's experiment, he implies original personality actually gets erased and new personality gets "reborn" with each death.
Yet, Ren's personality still exists, just seems caged in a mind world.

Given Inei has been the vehicle driving the story, how are these Ren romances supposed to happen? Most of the time Inei is in control (being rude, edgy etc lol), but for a 10~30 minute date with a LI, Ren takes over?
I dunno. Even if I didn't have the whole preference (of Inei over Ren), following Inei's path (with just using Ren as needed/required for emergencies) seems to make most sense if we're looking at this purely in narrative pov.

4.30 star(s) 37 Votes