Mac and .rar files

Taboo Lord

Oct 12, 2017
Hi,

I'm looking for help and advice on how to play a game downloaded for a Mac that's a .rar file. Sometimes I download one using WinZip (can't seem to do it with Unarchiver) and there's no game file I see that I can play. Am I doing something wrong? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Best,
Taboo Lord

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Did you ever try it's an unofficial p7zip package advertised on 7zip.org
But it also depends on where you downloaded the files and what... maybe some archives were just empty or damaged?

Since I don't own a MAC I can't really suggest much more :-\ But 7zip is pretty good and if they link to that app maybe it's alright too (or not... don't know :D )

Reactions: Taboo Lord

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Hi,

I'm looking for help and advice on how to play a game downloaded for a Mac that's a .rar file. Sometimes I download one using WinZip (can't seem to do it with Unarchiver) and there's no game file I see that I can play. Am I doing something wrong? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Best,
Taboo Lord
I have a Mac-as @Palanto above notes, I use Keka or RarExtractor Lite for .rar files. Are you talking about some of the games that extract with a folder that shows an .EXE but no Mac app, despite saying it was the Mac version?
I use the Ren'py SDK to get those to run.

nat0902

Aug 6, 2017
I have a Mac-as @Palanto above notes, I use Keka or RarExtractor Lite for .rar files. Are you talking about some of the games that extract with a folder that shows an .EXE but no Mac app, despite saying it was the Mac version?
I use the Ren'py SDK to get those to run.
How do you do that for noobs like me?

ossi06

Nov 15, 2017
Keka is useful but not for all. I use "parallel desktops" and "unrar" on the windows side. Till now it extracts all.