Seeking Mac game suggestiona

HokutoNoKen

Nov 28, 2017
Hello everyone,

just looking for some good suggestions. I have a Mac and Looking for game playable for a good amount of time wit *family's stories* and *big boobs*. If you have any suggestions feel free to post it.

Already tried summer saga, princess trainer, dream of desire, prince of suburbia and snow daze.

Saithir

Jun 24, 2017
I won't suggest you any games, but...

Most Ren'py games either have a Mac version already or you can easily play them using Wine (written tutorial here, or you can probably find some other ones, this was just the first result in google). They usually work this way. So just a matter of browsing the forum Ren'py tag (or Latest Updates page) and finding one you like.

With RPGMaker games it's a bit worse, it's a coin flip if they work this way or don't, and others (especially the Japanese VN's) sometimes can be ran that way but sometimes it's a lot of work to make them work, so I don't recommend trying until you know what you're doing ;)

Reactions: HokutoNoKen

gusxxx

Nov 28, 2017
I second the Wine route, I use it with a lot of pc games on my mac. Just don't follow that specific tutorial, it's based on command line instructions and you don't need that, just google wine bottler for mac, install it and start opening .exe file in your mac.

Other possibility is using virtual box so that you can run an actual full install of Windows on your mac, needs lots of free space in your hard disk tho.

May 23, 2017
I won't suggest you any games, but...

Most Ren'py games either have a Mac version already or you can easily play them using Wine (written tutorial here, or you can probably find some other ones, this was just the first result in google). They usually work this way. So just a matter of browsing the forum Ren'py tag (or Latest Updates page) and finding one you like.

With RPGMaker games it's a bit worse, it's a coin flip if they work this way or don't, and others (especially the Japanese VN's) sometimes can be ran that way but sometimes it's a lot of work to make them work, so I don't recommend trying until you know what you're doing ;)
RPGmaker games are supposed to have a setting to prepare it for windows or mac. Weird that some don't have mac versions

Saithir

Jun 24, 2017
RPGmaker games are supposed to have a setting to prepare it for windows or mac. Weird that some don't have mac versions
That's only in MV I think, there's a decent amount of games that still use older ones. But yeah, you can export it. Same as Ren'py. Some devs don't care, some devs don't know they can or don't know anyone with a mac to test it, some use it.

Saithir

Jun 24, 2017
I probably should not double post but whatever ;)

I second the Wine route, I use it with a lot of pc games on my mac. Just don't follow that specific tutorial, it's based on command line instructions and you don't need that, just google wine bottler for mac, install it and start opening .exe file in your mac.
Well yeah, I don't like that tutorial too much either, but that's just a starting point if you have no idea it exists. Stuff looks too hard you at least know what to google :)

Wine Bottler is good as well, I just got tired of it since it bottles everything making the output app larger. And for Ren'py for me personally it's faster to run it from console than bottle it up.

Nathan6

Jul 6, 2018
I probably should not double post but whatever ;)

Well yeah, I don't like that tutorial too much either, but that's just a starting point if you have no idea it exists. Stuff looks too hard you at least know what to google :)

Wine Bottler is good as well, I just got tired of it since it bottles everything making the output app larger. And for Ren'py for me personally it's faster to run it from console than bottle it up.
I can get Wine to play the game, but it doesn't play the movie scenes, the .ogv files, how do I get wine to open these files when the appropriate scene comes on in the game?

Saithir

Jun 24, 2017
I can get Wine to play the game, but it doesn't play the movie scenes, the .ogv files, how do I get wine to open these files when the appropriate scene comes on in the game?
Playing movies is usually tricky as you sometimes need to enable specific additions to the bottle/wine called winetricks.

Usually you can look at the error wine gives you (usually it's something like missing SOMETHING.dll and then you can look through the list - either from terminal with "winetricks dlls list" or there should be a similar option in a bottler if that's what you're using - and figure out what's the package name that might help.

In this case I would first start by installing the "ogg" package, but in this case it's really hard to help you specifically if I don't have the game on my PC to try things out as this is very much a trial and error way of solving things.

Nathan6

Jul 6, 2018
It's weird. Everything else plays normally, the sounds, and the actual game. But when their should be a scene it just freezes and you can hear the scene but it doesn't launch the movie.