Capella

I write.
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
b(v2).jpg

Overview:
Mad World is a non-linear tale of humanity, love, survival, and insanity - often indistinguishable from each other. Meet new people, get to know their hopes and dreams, and acquire new fears as you get entangled in their complicated lives and form deep emotional connections.

After making a terrible mistake that will shape your life forever, what are you willing to do to survive?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2023-10-31
Release Date: 2023-10-31
Developer: Smoke Mob Games - -
Censored: No
Version: 4.1.0 WIP
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer notes:
FAQ can be found here.

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - -

Extra: Fan Signatures -
Gallery Mod*

*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

tx9BIO.gif vst31.png bderc184-3.png secondcircle77.png sscd388-9.png bderc105-4.png royal57.jpg day65.jpg vincent69.jpg train17.jpg ch49.jpg eva89.jpg ftd67.jpg rmi20.jpg tf15.png ch19.jpg b16.jpg hc5.png eb46-0.png eb100.png soulp27.png soul90.png raidnight386-71d.png cd14.png day44.jpg meeting22.jpg bderc42.png

Last edited:

rKnight

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 12, 2017
Great game for an early release, the storyline is immersive and seems to be well thought out. Renders are pretty good, nice models, plus the world is not full of females that make it a bit realistic. The MC needs to be more confident and not so much of a loser.

How you choose to approach each situation will define your mental state forever,
If I am going to take a beating every time I make a bad decision, it will certainly affect my mental state forever. o_O ms.png

Last edited:

Capella

I write.
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
How does one have a version 0:WaitWhat:
The game as it is now represents nothing to the story. I just introduced a few characters and showed what the game is all about. And aside from that, this is actually the first visual-related work I do, so I personally think it would be too pretentious of me to call it a "Chapter One".

But I do get what you mean...it is odd.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
A good first release, quite a bit of content too. I was surprised by the amount actually, I was preemptively saving because I was expecting a "that's all folks!" screen. Overall I am intrigued by the story, though I would rather punch Elena in the face repeatedly (along with everyone else in that office).

The graininess of the renders is a problem, I believe there maybe a way to remove it (it's come up in other threads) but I could be wrong since I don't know diddly about it. The MC's dick is also a bit ridiculous in size, but that is par for the course in these games.

Anyway, I am looking forward to continuing this story and hope that the next release isn't too far off.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Tags need to add Vaginal sex, Creampie, Superpowers/Magic? (Power given by a god, plus others magic or know of it)
---------------
Left of : is in game, right of : are fixes. Anything in ( ) are ideas, thoughts, explanations, etc.

Some random typos throughout, a few examples below.

he's seizuring : seizing

But where is him? : he

I almosted choked : almost

I have so many question... : questions

barely slept tonight : last night

How you're feeling? : How are you feeling?

what a pyscho : psycho

(small oddity, if you just greet neighbor she mentions knock if she needs them, as if you did the dynamite joke)

(text at end of game with white background is really hard to read since it is also white text)

(unsure if as a player the choices matter to the text, IE choosing gaming or exercise)
--------------
Overall a good first release.

Story: I am slightly interested, many questions. However I assume some of them will be answered later, and some are purposely put there. A bunch of twists making it not seem as linear.

Characters: They seem to all be non standard models so that is good. Each character has their own quirks, both in looks and personality

Renders: Either need more time in the pipe, more expertise, or a denoiser.

Animation: None to really speak of. Would be nice.

Writing: It mostly makes sense, some typos and the like, maybe try

Capella

I write.
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Tags need to add Vaginal sex, Creampie, Superpowers/Magic? (Power given by a god, plus others magic or know of it)
---------------
Left of : is in game, right of : are fixes. Anything in ( ) are ideas, thoughts, explanations, etc.

Some random typos throughout, a few examples below.

he's seizuring : seizing

But where is him? : he

I almosted choked : almost

I have so many question... : questions

barely slept tonight : last night

How you're feeling? : How are you feeling?

what a pyscho : psycho

(small oddity, if you just greet neighbor she mentions knock if she needs them, as if you did the dynamite joke)

(text at end of game with white background is really hard to read since it is also white text)

(unsure if as a player the choices matter to the text, IE choosing gaming or exercise)
--------------
Overall a good first release.

Story: I am slightly interested, many questions. However I assume some of them will be answered later, and some are purposely put there. A bunch of twists making it not seem as linear.

Characters: They seem to all be non standard models so that is good. Each character has their own quirks, both in looks and personality

Renders: Either need more time in the pipe, more expertise, or a denoiser.

Animation: None to really speak of. Would be nice.

Writing: It mostly makes sense, some typos and the like, maybe try
Thanks a lot for your feedback! I was actually waiting (more like hoping) for someone to find the spots I messed up. I spent a lot of time polishing and I was SURE I messed up somewhere. It gets too confusing playing the same stuff over and over again, so those were, unfortunately, not avoidable. I will have more attention next time. If people keep giving feedback as precious as this, I might be able to eradicate this kind of mistake.

About the first skill...those will be very useful later on. I'm not going to spoil it, but the next chapter will make the use of those very clear.

About the animations, I plan to start messing with it by the end of this year, when I have my hands on some juicy Nvidia GPU. Expect art to be considerably better by then.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Thanks a lot for your feedback! I was actually waiting (more like hoping) for someone to find the spots I messed up. I spent a lot of time polishing and I was SURE I messed up somewhere. It gets too confusing playing the same stuff over and over again, so those were, unfortunately, not avoidable. I will have more attention next time. If people keep giving feedback as precious as this, I might be able to eradicate this kind of mistake.

About the first skill...those will be very useful later on. I'm not going to spoil it, but the next chapter will make the use of those very clear.

About the animations, I plan to start messing with it by the end of this year, when I have my hands on some juicy Nvidia GPU. Expect art to be considerably better by then.
I know there are a bunch more typos or slight grammar oddities, but when paths start to branch and I have no idea how different the text will be. Makes it slightly impossible to proofread without going into the files.

I tried to click all the text boxes to see what MC would say, but as I said, unsure if it changes text further down the chapter, and thus can't do a 100% check.

You can request someone to proofread here.
https://f95zone.to/forums/recruitment-services.117/

It is also why I pointed out grammarly, you can throw text in there before you put it in the game to double check.

The blue coloration on bathroom use of power might have been a bit hard to read, I think it was dark blue, which Ren'Py chooses a shitty dark blue which is hard on the eyes.

AMD might have some cheaper good cards out too, so might be lighter on your budget or that could go further.

Font choices. Personally the cursive names were a bit hard to read, in my opinion it would be nicer to be basic printed names, but slightly more interesting, like Paeonia having flowers on her name, stuff like that. To make them still stand out, but not hard to read cursive. Remember your audience might not be native English speakers, let alone know cursive.

Maybe an extra 1 or 2 on the size of the font for legibility of the harder to see persons.

Last statement would be on the very ending mentioning a Chloe who wasn't in the game previously, is a bit weird to introduce them by name and not see them, when you could have used any previous name/character.

Lastly you can request a Mod to give you a developer tag. So people know.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Capella

PaxNeo

Mar 27, 2020
What AV are you using? you can always check it against virustotal or something similar. Seems like a false positive to me, being I played the game.
Tried on two different Systems:
1: Desktop with Kaspersky Total Security 2020
2: Laptop with Avira Free Security

That two different AVs on two different Systems made the same Mistake seems odd to me.

• Angry
Reactions: makcim334
4.50 star(s) 132 Votes