• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Mad World [Release 4.1.0 WIP] [Smoke Mob Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Led

A few days ago, I started playing Mad World, for the first time. Version 2.0.3. I didn't have high expectations, for some reason. But I find this game awesome! I seldom give a game 5 stars, but this developer, @Smobe Mob Games, definitely does! The game has a very distinctive kind of story, almost like you're watching a movie. I usually hate to read many lines, but this story was compelling, to me. There aren't loads of hot scenes, but the story makes up for that. But those hot scenes are seriously hot! Very good renders and done in a very erotic manner. I could keep telling how good the game is, but in the end, I can really just recommend this game. So, have a go, I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

SilverSoul83

Narrative: It's not the most original, but it's well written, it's explanatory and it's entertaining.
    Graphics: OK, maybe I'm not getting used to the quality of certain VN tops. The plus is that some scenarios are not the typical reusable ones.
    Dialogue: Like the narrative, it's fun and complete.
    Characters: OK. Original and charismatic.
    Sex: Some original scenes, not much quantity but good quality.
    In general it's a good VN, I wish you good luck!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

trebecksucks

This is one helluva debut. I actually found myself getting into the story and the characters. It's a perfect balance of sexy material and actual storytelling.

The female characters are engaging and feel fully realized. The MC is the most likable character I've seen since Leap of Faith. And the story and dialogue is actually engaging.

I have never felt motivated to leave a comment before but this? This needs encouragement and support. There is some serious raw talent here and I really hope this doesn't drop by the wayside.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

JB08

F95 ate my review, lost everything I typed so ill tl;dr

+story is interesting
    +story doesnt drag, gets into things without skipping on buildup
    +choice system seems interesting
    +MC is pretty funny in some scenes
    +characters have depth to them
    +the girls are pretty
    +the characters are badass
    +MC will grow
    +updates wont take 6+ months like other games
    +music

++Robbie
    +++Paeonia

=script and grammar issues, but was resolved quickly
    =you might be spoiled by the visually prettier games by devs high end hardware
    =no animations, I dont mind but I know some do

-not many, its a new game, its to early to tell, bugs were fixed
    -I guess the text is sometimes hard to read, due to the font, im not sure
  5. 3.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

December 25, 2022
    This is my updated review from Jan of 2021
    PROS
    Renders and transitions are good
    LI's are pretty
    CONS
    Choices do not matter
    Story is awkward
    Summary
    This VN skips time way to often. There are plot holes that make you wonder what is happening sometimes.
    Why have choices if they don't have an affect on the story? The bathroom scenes with your boss is what I'm referring to. Why put that in there if it doesn't impact the outcome?
    If it was just for a sex scene, then the dev(s) should have just had her seduce the MC. Would have made more sense than what we were presented with.
    Is everyone in the city( except for your friends) a relic holder? It comes off that way.
    I do however, recommend this VN. My opinion shouldn't force others to miss out. They could enjoy it.
    Good luck to Smoke Mob Games with the continuation of this story.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

EnderhuntIII

I don't like giving poor reviews, but this game made me unhappy while playing. Being a confused guy who loses fights is uncomfortable. And with the extensive dialogue you can't get away from bad feelings about scenes. If a encounter feels bad for you, you've got 5-10 minutes of reading to get out of it, and you'll often fail. Why play a game like that? The girls are alright, not beautiful. The sex scenes aren't animated. After two hours of playing I couldn't take it anymore and skipped through. Didn't see anything I want to fully experience. I wish there were more beautiful images in the game. Kind of depressing.

On a positive note the way we see his power, as words around a person is a very good idea. It gives the player clues without having to give the whole answer.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

LuminosHands

The story and writing is good, character designs are also good.
    I enjoyed how the music sets the tone and feel of the game and the story follows through with that feeling.(the music chosen for the game is really nice)
    I really like how the options that do affect your character and story is addressed in the UI when picking options so that you know when an option is important.
    I would love to see if the H scenes can be actually animated in a way later release instead of images trying to imitate animations( probs in like half a year).

This is a bias opinion but i don't like how the names are cursive as its abit hard for me to read it, but I like how it stays consistent as your name that you input also stays cursive format.

Just not enough content atm, to review it properly but it has a lot of potential as this is the first version of the game. I wanna review this game properly in about a year.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

maninx

Good story got a nice mix of mundane and fantasy life
    Nice models and got huge varieties the world is not full of females that makes it a bit realistic and no useless scenes or nonsensical fuckery feels more realistic and one of the reasons i like this VN.
    Good renders with new assets and hot models.
    Good humors.
    Good storytelling and presentation.
    Great character development with backstories unlike most VNs.
    Overall it keeps on improving while keeping the story coherent and presenting in a neat way.
    Really enjoyed reading it as it's pretty engaging and dialogues are well written and not repetitive.
    Easily one of the top VNs on this site.
    If you are into fantasy and a want a good story it's definitely recommended.
    Hopefully the dev keep this up and focus on the story as always
    Goodluck Dev.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1571716

The game isn't bad. Despite the fact that the MC is a lil bitch. I hope the dev has plans on making the MC more confident and not so much of a loser.

The writing is hilarious at times which is why the game is ok. Give the MC some balls and I'll give you some $.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

elysium1988

Potential to be a really great game. Pretty interesting storyline with some really well fleshed out characters and good renders. A really good amount of content for a first release. Will be really looking forward to future updates and see if it fulfills its potential
  11. 5.00 star(s)

BarbarrossaNA

Definitely brings some good content for a initial release of a game. The storyline seems to be well thought out and immersive. Renders are pretty good and seem to get better the further along the story goes on. One to watch as the updates roll in. Capella definitely has gotten our attention and looking forward to what he brings to the table next. **Honestly surprised that this one hasn't recieved more attention and recognition for a first release.**

Highly recommended
  12. 5.00 star(s)

clairdelune

Great game for a first release! Great history, the renders are great and the mc is great too just like the other characters, it's not too short for a first release. Really excited for the next update :D

Great work dev