SovietRev

Jul 25, 2021
Man, looking at the latest reviews of this game just makes me realize that people have different tastes. It's just weird since I'm usually on the other side of things going, "This game is shit!". :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I do not get it either. I just picked it up recently and was ready to be disappointed based on the reviews I read before downloading, but I did so anyway because it is downtime season for the big boy games and I have nothing better to do in my free time. Anyway, I will agree on one point in the reviews that it is slightly mediocre early on, but what game is not like that? Every single dev learns and ups the quality as the game progresses and honestly, by chapter 3/4, I am content. Feels like I found a "diamond in the rough" so to speak and by the time this game gets to completion, I have faith it will be among the very best. I have high expectations now. At least for the story.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Yeah, I do not get it either. I just picked it up recently and was ready to be disappointed based on the reviews I read before downloading, but I did so anyway because it is downtime season for the big boy games and I have nothing better to do in my free time. Anyway, I will agree on one point in the reviews that it is slightly mediocre early on, but what game is not like that? Every single dev learns and ups the quality as the game progresses and honestly, by chapter 3/4, I am content. Feels like I found a "diamond in the rough" so to speak and by the time this game gets to completion, I have faith it will be among the very best. I have high expectations now. At least for the story.
Yeah, I don't know. There are some things that made me scratch my head but it's a pretty interesting premise and I don't even usually like this kind of genre so that's saying a lot. I just read those reviews and thought, "What are you even comparing this to?" Because the vast majority of other VNs have shit writing and of the rest, most of it's "Dumbass goes to college. Current Year, hooray ...". There are really only a few that stand out with good writing in my opinion so they're either really picky or haven't played enough VNs to see what "mediocre" really looks like.

Although I've seen VNs with the most God-awful writing and grammar get 5 stars just because the renders look fantastic. So I just chalked it up to people having different tastes.

Definitely with you there. I really like what I've seen so far and even put it in my signature so maybe the dev can get more attention and subsequent support to do this full-time.

SovietRev

Jul 25, 2021
Yeah, I don't know. There are some things that made me scratch my head but it's a pretty interesting premise and I don't even usually like this kind of genre so that's saying a lot. I just read those reviews and thought, "What are you even comparing this to?" Because the vast majority of other VNs have shit writing and of the rest, most of it's "Dumbass goes to college. Current Year, hooray ...". There are really only a few that stand out with good writing in my opinion so they're either really picky or haven't played enough VNs to see what "mediocre" really looks like.

Although I've seen VNs with the most God-awful writing and grammar get 5 stars just because the renders look fantastic. So I just chalked it up to people having different tastes.

Definitely with you there. I really like what I've seen so far and even put it in my signature so maybe the dev can get more attention and subsequent support to do this full-time.
Maybe I should do that as well, but also, another thing about your signature, BaDIK being "kinda meh"... I feel the same, I just grew bored of it, just never had the balls to say it out loud because its fans are ravenous.

Reactions: allanl9020142

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
This game had regular updates till april 2021 (3.2.0), 1 update in august 2021 (3.3.0), 1 update only in 2022 and 1 update in 2023 with no new content except an extra bonus scene that you are able to watch as a bonus gallery scene ONLY if you unlock a very peculiar path.

So, good luck with your high expectations.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Maybe I should do that as well, but also, another thing about your signature, BaDIK being "kinda meh"... I feel the same, I just grew bored of it, just never had the balls to say it out loud because its fans are ravenous.
That'd be cool. I think this dev definitely deserves the support. It'd be nice to see more games like this get more attention. To be fair, both have long dev times but Capella is only doing this part-time.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mad World isn't perfect either but it's definitely got some soul behind it.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: SovietRev

Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022
That'd be cool. I think this dev definitely deserves the support. It'd be nice to see more games like this get more attention. To be fair, both have long dev times but Capella is only doing this part-time.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mad World isn't perfect either but it's definitely got some soul behind it.
Damn, I read your spoiler first and then beginning of the post lol... Reading spoiler I was like "wtf? Did I miss something here?" and at the end calling Mad World a game for a middle-aged woman I thought you are out of your mind or we played a different game :D

The king can be only ONE :poop:

Would be awesome to get some info about potential update :unsure:

Reactions: SovietRev

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Damn, I read your spoiler first and then beginning of the post lol... Reading spoiler I was like "wtf? Did I miss something here?" and at the end calling Mad World a game for a middle-aged woman I thought you are out of your mind or we played a different game :D
Haha yea, I wanted to reply to the guy because I felt similarly but wanted to give some respect to Capella and at least keep it hidden.

The king can be only ONE :poop:

Would be awesome to get some info about potential update :unsure:
Oh, believe me. There's worse. Much, much worse. Which is why I just don't think some of those reviewers have truly explored the entire collection of shit VNs. Also goes to show just big of a first impression is made from the render quality.

Yea, it'd be nice to get an update but I honestly don't know when I'll have the time to sit down and play one of these games for quite a while. I guess it's the silver lining to being so busy right now, I'm just kinda chillin because I don't have time to play anyway. Just dicking around on the threads. LOL.

SovietRev

Jul 25, 2021
I really do hope this abandoned tag is only because of some rule fuckery. I really like this game and am looking forward to the plot.

Zerek244

Aug 30, 2020
I really do hope this abandoned tag is only because of some rule fuckery. I really like this game and am looking forward to the plot.

"This game had regular updates till april 2021 (3.2.0), 1 update in august 2021 (3.3.0), 1 update only in 2022 and 1 update in 2023 with no new content except an extra bonus scene that you are able to watch as a bonus gallery scene ONLY if you unlock a very peculiar path." per Ottoeight

Reactions: Grelk

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Oh, yea. Shit. It's already March. Crazy how time passes. Yea, this seems like something according to the forum rules.

Capella usually takes a while between updates as well as any progress reports on the Patreon. The Discord thing that someone posted makes me feel a different way however. I have faith that he'll always more or less push through and get an update out no matter how long it takes but having additional circumstances pop up always sucks.

Damn, it feels like a lot of people in general are having a hard time these days. :( Keep your head up and keep pushing through the hard times, guys!

4.50 star(s) 132 Votes