Magic swords and spider silk panties VS mass media, cameras and mechanized slave training facilities

Would you be more excited about

• Spider silk panties with +5 agility and +10 charm

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Selling your insolent daughter to a milk farm to go on a vacation in Vegas

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
Oct 14, 2017
I've been working on my game engine for a long, long time. The core of it is built for dynamic open worlds and clever AI's like sims on steroids but for now the front end is going to be similar to QSP games like ETO or jack'o'ninetails.

Anyways, I've decided that its cool enough to grab some of that patreon $$$ and for its maiden voyage, the game is going to be set in either of the 2 worlds I have. By worlds I mean loose stories, pictures and concepts I've been gathering over the years.

World #1: Pretty standard fantasy with medieval technology and magic. Think tavern wenches, vibrant contrast in local laws and princesses in need of distress.

World #2: Alternate universe modern times. Rigid social classes, unprecedented levels of celebrity and electronic contraptions capable of capturing shame and spreading it forever.

To be fair, most of my favorite concepts of a dark fantasy world would be represented in either of them but I have also decided on some inconsolable differences.

1. Modern vs medieval combat
2. Globalized media vs no globalized media

Going either way on either of the choices yields some interesting results but I can't make it work out well if I try to make them coexist.

Anyway, I'm just here to brag about my engine a little and to figure out which would be more popular to start with.

Humlebien

Donor
Nov 15, 2016
I had to vote for medieval setting. Selling of daugters, when they could be used for breeding, is just wasteful.