• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 9 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

RPGM - Complete - Magical Girl Black Kitty ver 1.11 [ FANTASY・FACTORY ][Please read notes]

1. 3.00 star(s)

nstar2014

Short review: Overall 3/5. Calling this game shovelware is harsh yet also fitting. The game was super promising with a lot of visual effects and in-game cutscenes that is rarely seen in RPGM games. The illustrations, menu, and voice acting were also good and the premise was interesting. However, the game was too short (finished a little over 3 hours) with mediocre fights and largely linear and abrupt story. The MTL poetry is fine, but a lot of movie scenes are untranslated so the world-building goes over your head.
    1. Story: The story is a "magical girl" story (definitely took inspirations from Puella Magi Madoka Magica) but with a twist: Kitty's magical strength is weakening because it is dependent on her desires. I thought this was an interesting direction and could've had so much potential for corruption or moral degeneration, but unfortunately never went anywhere meaningful. The story ended too quick for there to be any impact or development. There are multiple endings, but the game wasn't interesting enough for you to seek out each ending.
    2. Characters: There are 4 major characters in total: Black Kitty, her partner, her onii-chan, and another magical girl. I thought there would be more to each of these characters, but there frankly wasn't enough time to actually explore any of them. It really did feel like the developer did the absolute bare minimum in creating characters.
    3. Gameplay: Very basic JRPG mechanics with no itemization (stat boosts from winning and buying stat increase items from shop), nothing special. Outside of bosses, there's practically no enemy variety; it's always the same enemy with 3 variations. You can be bound in combat and struggle or endure H attacks. However, there are two frustrating points: (1) when you break out of the struggle, the enemy can bind you immediately after and put you in a pseudo-infinite loop of binding. I spent 4 minutes straight trying to break out in one fight and nearly quit because of that. (2) the enemy attack pattern is random, so it boils down to luck for you to progress the H attacks if you wish to see them. Thankfully if you lose, the game keeps your stats and sends you back to the entrance of the zone rather than throwing you to the title menu.
    4. Fappable: You can get one fap, but probably no more than that. Most of the interesting H scenes are limited to defeat scenes. Outside of that, there are about 6 notable sex scenes with at most 3 variations. Despite having a whole dedicated sex status menu, it was mostly for flavor text (I assume at least one ending is tied to some of the stats here or interactions with a specific character, but as I said earlier, the game wasn't long enough for me to be invested).
    This game does feel like it was quickly rushed. The pacing felt fine at the beginning but then sped faster than the speed of light once Black Kitty was facing adversity. Another reason why I believe this game was rushed is because there were quite a decent number of items, but some of them were not usable (example: condoms and after-pills were never used or available as options even though I bought them near the beginning of the game). I really expected a lot, especially since this game was a WHOPPING 2.14 GB... only for this game to last 3 hours for one run. I don't really know how to give suggestions to improve the game, because it felt like the developer gave up halfway through, which is a huge shame because the prologue was truly captivating.

Edit: Looking at the dlsite, it does look like there were a decent number of scenes that I completely missed (claims over 50 events but I can only recall up to 20). The game was too linear for me to explore and find these events, and I have no motivation to do a new game+ just to find these..
  2. 2.00 star(s)

kidlat020

standard rpgm fare. story is very bland. at first the interface will make you remember old games like Bare Knuckle or Streets of Rage, but after that bling you get a very lukewarm game. I would consider this a shovelware.