• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search systems will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

RPGM - Completed - Magician Granddaughter Reshi Wants to Grant Her Grandfather’s Wish [v1.05] [Hoi Hoi Hoi]

1. 2.00 star(s)

ReelBeen

Honestly I do like what Hoi Hoi Hoi sometimes does, often going in puzzle solving with h elements and a story that always goes for a twist.

The problem is that I don't know where this story goes because they decided to make the most tedious game in the world, somehow surpassing the tediousness of the average RPGmaker game.

I like the CGs and its the only reason its not here. Go play some other game, even the ntr ones often get a wholesome twist at the end.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

ImplicitlyLewd

Honestly the only thing that compelled me to try this out was the review that said the game is okay if you hack. Even if you do, whatever amount of time you spend changing your stats and stuff is better spent looking for a game that's actually worth more than a fraction of a piece of shit.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

k2ren

damn. what a disappointing game. it's a giga grindfest.

first of all i like the challenge. i read the first review how hard it is and it got me curious... well let me tell you. you can definitely abuse ai and win the fights. but the fights are designed so badly, and it's so grindy that it's pure suffering. and don't think that it's some cleverly designed dark souls game. no, it's just a very bad game, very bad balancing, some bugs in the game as well.. the dev clearly haven't played his game... nor should you.

let me elaborate:
    first of all. "recover" is a bait. it costs 900g and it's not worth. maybe near the very end it can be useful. else just buy potions and magic water to heal and restore mana. it's much cheaper. (100g for potion, 150g for magic water) for 3 character full restoration that's 750g. (but usually you don't need full restoration, you can drink any potion during your turn without missing a turn. you can drink 3 potions in a row if you want. bad game design.

in first round every enemy rushes to your heroine like zombies. to hit her with H-attack + normal attack both. she has the least defense and highest dmg. BUT if you are next to an enemy, he will usually use his turn to hit that character. first turns (until they hit your heroine once) she has the highest aggro by far. after their first turn, she loses a bit of an aggro but still has to look out for enemy targeting her. they can kill her pretty fast. because H-attack= +10 libido. at 50libido she is permastunned. so get hit 5 times and your heroine is out. no animation. and grope attacks are very mediocre/boring/bad/ugly. so not worth the effort.

movement is again done extremely badly. if you move one by one (since you can only move that way using arrow keys) you move only like 5-6tiles (later it increases) but if you hold arrow keys or press them really fast... then you can move at least double the distance...like how garbage is this game... but map has lot of obstacles so it's hard to move very fast, but enemies can easily move 10+ tiles per round. so usually has to hide your heroine behind your 2 guys. (1 is warrior, 2nd is a useless archer). =bad game design.

you have to fight so many fights to reach level3... then you can go away from slimes... and keep in mind if you dont have enough potions/magical water, there is no way to heal so it's game over for you. always keep extra. slime fights give 400gold if you take the items from the map.

then next map.. arena... 100g participation fee... you only have to fight... 5 adventurers. same skills as you, same stats as you, except sometimes they are higher level5, with more unlocked skills.. it was painful to win that, my heroine died first round since i expected them to be a weaker versions of you, but they arent. same warrior/archer/mage class. with better spells if they are level5. you just send in your warrior, use the protect skill, he gets hit for 0dmg, then slowly.. VERY SLOWLY kill them with your archer. very bad game design. at any point they focused my archer i die.

and for that fight you get 5000g and 500xp... like more xp and gold than farming slimes for 5h. so you suddenly become level5, now fights are easier. cuz your mage and warrior unlock more skills and can buy new gear from money.

at level8 your warrior and mage unlock another skills...

did you notice something? yes the archer doesn'T unlock shit. it stays useless by the end doing low dmg... bad game design.

i could go on and on and on how bad this game is. but the question is for all the grind and fighting in arena 10+ times to get enough money to proceed (have to spend 30k gold for the ticket to proceed)...
    is it worth it?

well let me be frank... no it fucking doesn't. H-scenes are less than mediocre. censored as well. what an utterly garbage game and waste of space and time. basically only 2 enemy types, adventurers (same skills as you) and slimes. this game is a 5minute game without the story-locked grind. and let me tell you, that story locked grind gives it extra 4-5h... just farming slimes and adventureres...

g a r b a g e. HARD AVOID. although i like these tactical games so i "kinda" liked the hard fights so i almost gave it a 2/5 rating before i remembered how low effort and buggy this game is. (if you press moves too fast, sometimes when you want to select skills, it moves your character rather than selecting skills)

as i said, the dev definitely never played this game of his through, im 100% certain. so nor should you.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

AnonRX

HoiHoi comes again with a game with great scenes but awfull gameplay, it can be pseudo skipped altering the saves but if you need to do that to enjoy a game it kinda defeats the purpose.

A tip if you want to play it "correctly" is that on the first turn before selecting anyone you can click the shinies in the map to get them, you dont have to move a character to them, so you can do that and then escape for easy fast gold, might be a bug idk.

But i cant ignore the fact that scenes are great, one of the best from them with good animation and scenarios, even if theres no big twist at the end there is a secret hiding, worth checking the scenes if you like hoi style.
    4* if you hack, 1* if you play as intended
  5. 1.00 star(s)

markconnor

Holy shit, for an H game this is some of the most convoluted overly complex shit I've seen. And not in a good way.

The battle system plays like Shining Force / Vandal Hearts. You've got to individually move your characters across a grid map to attack enemies, with the added complexity that battle spoils are spread across the field and you need to collect them before all enemies are defeated if you want them. And you DO want them because the basic reward for winning the battle is shit.

Enemies deal both health damaging and H-attacks to your female lead, so if you want H-scenes you have to put her in harms way. Your goal is to beat 20 packs of slimes to earn 4000c to upgrade everyone's starter garbage equipment to garbage+ equipment, on top of whatever money you need to recover. Then you can progress with the game. Quite literally at LVL 1, you recover enough MP per turn to barely use your normal attack EVERY OTHER TURN, while the slimes attack and regenerate every turn. I had the 2 guys wailing on 1 slime boxed in a corner, hitting normal attack as often as they could, and the slime was losing a net 10 HP per turn off its nearly 400 HP bar, while my guys were losing health with no way to recover. Did I mention slimes recover their HP while leeching yours, fun! Fucking shit is this? You can of course use better skills, but they cost more MP to the point that the damage/MP ratio is about the same.

After the first battle with 3 slimes, the girl had her ass kicked almost to 0 health, the 2 guys were 50% wounded, and most everyone was depleted of MP. Off to recover already I guess. Nope! You start with 500c, recovering is 900c, you win 200c from fighting 3 slimes. Hope you can win your first 2 battles before getting your ass completely kicked, and then win 5 battles thereafter. Maybe that's the intended plot -- the slimes beat you, the girl is raped, your group auto-recovers? Nope! Being beaten by slimes is a game over. I guess you could enter battles, make a mad rush for the battlefield loot, then try to escape before taking so much damage that the fight wasn't worth it, repeat until you can afford upgraded equipment, then you maybe stand a chance in battle.

I was looking around for some secret strategy here. "Attack from behind", yeah, but the slimes have a move range of like 8 tiles while your guys can move 3-5 max, so you can't really flank them. Or maybe some "masturbating is a free recovery" thing, nope.

Was hoping to at least rip the CGs to see if there was anything worth continuing in the game for....but everything is a Live2D file. Couldn't get them to work in Cubism for some reason, so no idea if they are any good, but judging from the first 3 scenes (slime bum bump, slime rape, outdoor masturbation) I'm sure a kindergartner has better artwork to hang on your fridge.

Dog shit game with dog shit artwork. That reminds me, I need to go walk my dog so he can make a genuine Hoi Hoi Hoi product.