RPGM Completed Complete Magnolia:Zero -Schoolgirl agent- (v1.3 English Translation)

Oir

Nov 5, 2018
11.jpg

Trying to dip my toe into translation and will be working on what looks like a great and well-polished game:

Yugifan3 has a partial over at ULMF but I'll probably just start from scratch so everything sounds cohesive.

This will be an edited MTL. Apologies if that upsets anyone. Some of my favourite translations are edited MTL and I hope to measure up to them. I'm very confident in my writing abilities as a native-English speaker and will do my best to make everything sound sexy and natural uwu.

The translation is now complete. Or rather, as complete as I can seem to get it. The H-scenes don't seem to want to change to English despite having translated them in Translator++. I believe it's something funky with the main.rvdata2 file. I'll be marking the thread as complete since I'm kind of at my wit's end here so apologies for a rather disappointing delivery.

Thanks for your patience and enjoy!

11.jpg 22.jpg 33.jpg 44.jpg

Last edited:

Oir

Nov 5, 2018
Translation will probably be out in the next few days. All events and maps have been translated - only the H-scenes remain.

Oir

Nov 5, 2018
Por donde subirías el juego traducido?
I'll be uploading the translation patch right here which you could use to translate a japanese version of the game.
It's likely that a kind uploader would then upload a fully patched English version of the game to this website in the days after that.

Oir

Nov 5, 2018
Translation is....done but not really.
I was never able to get the H-scenes to translate. Translator++ was able to extract the H-scene text from (what I believe is) the main.rvdata2 file and I was indeed able to translate those H-scenes in Translator++. But applying the translated patch to the game never actually managed to change the H-scene text which instead remained Japanese both in the Gallery and during the actual H-events.

Here's the translator++ file if anybody else wants to give it a shot (the actual English patch is in the OP).
But for now, that's just gonna be a bit of a disappointing ending unless anyone has any other ideas.

Thank you for your patience and please enjoy!

Songout

Dec 25, 2020
Can you send me your version of the game? I have experience debugging RPGm stuff and can help figure it out, but I can't find 1.3 anywhere.

Last edited:

Oir

Nov 5, 2018
Can you send me your version of the game? I have experience debugging RPGm stuff and can help figure it out, but I can't find 1.3 anywhere.

Taken from the 4chan hgg2d thread.

Songout

Dec 25, 2020

Taken from the 4chan hgg2d thread.
Got it working. Here's how to fix it:
When you finish applying the patch go into the /Data/ folder and make a copy of the "main.rvdata2" found within it and rename it to "testpatch1.rvdata2". Move the "testpatch1.rvdata2" file in the /Patch/ folder found in the game directory, overwriting the one already inside it. The H-scenes now show up in English.

You have to do this due to a script the dev uses. It's labeled "テキスト→シナリオ変換" in the script development tool in RPGmaker VX Ace if you want to look at it yourself.

Anyway, with this knowledge you should be able to update your patch by including a /Patch/ folder with the relevant rvdata2 inside it. Let me know if you're having any trouble.

Cheers.

Reactions: f9account

Oir

Nov 5, 2018
When you finish applying the patch go into the /Data/ folder and make a copy of the "main.rvdata2" found within it and rename it to "testpatch1.rvdata2". Move the "testpatch1.rvdata2" file in the /Patch/ folder found in the game directory, overwriting the one already inside it. The H-scenes now show up in English.

You have to do this due to a script the dev uses. It's labeled "テキスト→シナリオ変換" in the script development tool in RPGmaker VX Ace if you want to look at it yourself.

Anyway, with this knowledge you should be able to update your patch by including a /Patch/ folder with the relevant rvdata2 inside it. Let me know if you're having any trouble.

Cheers.
I would've definitely never figured that out. Thank you so much, I'll get to testing out everything and hopefully have the full complete patch soon!

Jun 29, 2018

Cheers.
how do i find main.rvdata2? as it is not showing up, nermind found it my eyes choose to go and skip it.

Vulpas

Feb 16, 2021
Y'know i checked the ulmf page and here and yet i still can't find a solution to it launching in japanese, tried applying all the patches and they seem to do didly, am i missing some trick?