VN Others Mai Imouto! Wonderful Life

gEroge Studio

Feb 9, 2019
Mai_Imouto-Wonderful_Life_Banner.png
Welcome to my Dev Log for Mai Imouto! Wonderful Life, this VN is inspired by Imouto!? Life ~Monochrome~, this game will be made in the same Grayscale/Monochrome fashion.

My ideas is to add more parameters to manage, not just for the MC but also for the Heroine, for the sake of "Plot" the main heroine is a "Little Sister"-like Childhood friend(will be changeable or patch-able.

I will be keeping this thread up-to-date, with any progress I make, currently I am building scenes, poses and renders, I will post new images and make polls for character design choices.

Game Engine: Godot 3.5 - 4

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

~ gEroge Studio

Last edited:

gEroge Studio

Feb 9, 2019
Got out of work today and started learning more about CharaStudio and how to effectively use this tool.

Been thinking of making my own apartment scene based off some Japanese apartment floor plans instead of using some of the prefabs of the game. I learned today how to properly edit everything related to the character's vagina, so I should be able to make proper closeup renders for H-scenes, made an "Intercourse" XRay Scene, the game does not have anything good for bathroom scene so I'm definitely making that scene from scratch. I've been learning about Camera saves, so I can save camera position to have a consistent view angle on every scene.

CharaStudio-2023-07-14-23-05-21-Render.png CharaStudio-2023-07-14-23-04-15-Render.png CharaStudio-2023-07-14-23-03-03-Render.png CharaStudio-2023-07-13-21-40-58-Render.png

Reactions: NH2 and akapp

gEroge Studio

Feb 9, 2019
OUR_FAVORITE.png
Selfish BUMP!

What have I been doing??

Lots of tinkering, learning and experimenting, KKPE is amazing for manipulating anything and everything from characters to objects.
I dabbed with Godot 3.5 Using Dialogics and it's such an awesome tool to get a VN started but if you want to make them complex, you will need to mess with GDScript, also I played around with Renpy 8 and I might go this path, mainly because there is huge documentation and code snippets for Renpy.
Godot does seem like the better/modern option and I will definitely transition to it in the future, they also have templates and those can help get ahead in learning and understanding their engine. Since I do have some knowledge in Python it should be a little easier for me to work with.

I decided to make the apartment based off a 1R Apartment floor plan and building it from scratch, the prefabs are great and would save some time, but I figured that the only real way to learn how to user CharaStudio is by doing it the hard way, no shortcuts will be taken in the design.

This is the first time in a while that I have been exited to make something and I'm glad I took up this challenge to make a game.

If you have any suggestions or even ideas do let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions: akapp and NH2

NH2

Sep 21, 2017
It may not be easy, but once you get the feel of it, you should have no problem with the development of the game. I wonder if there's going to be a toilet scene where if you give her lots of tea, she will want to go to the bathroom, and will have the option to peek on her.

gEroge Studio

Feb 9, 2019
Been a bit away, but here is a brief update, I have decided to learn Godot using Dialogic plugin instead of Renpy, Renpy is nice and all, but i feel Godot is the best "All Rounder" and to be honest, I want to be amongst the first to use it here(Don't know if someone else has already used it.).

The CharaStudio Repack that I was using apparently was infected, apparently any Flashbangz Repacks have been known to contain unwanted software and luckily we have a good Repack from ScrewThisNoise, I've been getting all the mods that I needed and installing them, best thing is that now all my plugins are modern and this repack has better tools. Win WIn.

Been doing some renders(mainly poses that I make to save it for later use) just to test out the new CharaStudio and I'm loving the results...
Last two renders I used a post processing plugin to increase outline definition and adjusted the shadows to be softer.