VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Maid Mansion [v1.0.4+DLC] [Crazy Cactus, Belgerum]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Yolomon

Really nice game. A 10/10 in my book. An extremely attractive storyline, a nice and full cast of characters with good personalities, and amazing art. I have no qualms except that the MC looks like light yagami, but that's fine. Highly recommended renpy game. Umeko best girl.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

fadeadhorse

Honestly, I was just expecting so much more from this game. There's supposed to be like 30 endings, there's a lot of cute maids, and at the start, you get told you need to manage your grandfather's estate. I was expecting a branching storyline, multiple hscenes with each of the girls, and some sort of decision-making with the estate's business.

The game does have a branching storyline but only a few hscenes with the main girls, and either one light hscene or no hscenes with the minor characters. There's maybe 30 choices you make in the game, none of which affects how you managing the estate really. The story basically branches at each choice. I haven't gotten all the endings, but from what I saw, half of them are just bad endings.

Overall, I guess I would recommend this game if you are really into maids. But don't be fooled by the 30 endings and 5 pages of the gallery. The gallery literally has every scene in the game so sometimes it's just a maid talking to you. I was just really disappointed in the game. The start of the game promises so much and the art is really good. But the game is so short that the "start" of the game ends up being half of it. It's almost like the developers started on an ambitious project then after making the first couple parts of it, just bailed.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Katsurooo

Not bad at all, the graphics are on level, and also there are some sound effects which are only in plus. However i wished there are only few longer paths u can take, instead of these 20+ short game endings, literally every choice u make affect different road and it should to be as that, but i find strugle to unclock many of the scenes.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

PeDrum

If you really like maids, be a strong and mysterious guy, this game is for you. It seems that the developers had a very ambitious plan, but they could not understand all the details. It's short.

Good: the art is beautiful and a good writing.

Weak: Most erotic scenes are without voices, without choices, without animations, or even sequences of images. Much of the scenes consist only of 1-3 images and some minor changes in the same image. After reaching a third of the finals you saw 90% of the game. As achievements for the other two-thirds are more work than fun. The game has 22 different finals, and it seems that the emphasis was to focus on multiple finals, not knowing any of their maids. There are some encounters that you thought, "ooo, I can't wait to see what happens next with this maid..." just to have nothing happen next with that particular maid. Some other choice has replaced any other encounter, and that leaves you largely disappointed. Or, more likely, this was the only hot scene for this character and no other scene was implemented.

SCORE: 55
  5. 5.00 star(s)

edit99

Its a breath of fresh air between the usual low quality stuff I've gotten used to where its either one guy releasing one update every year for his game or a japanese company making the same rpgm but under a different name with an adventurer girl getting fucked by monsters.

PROS:
    - Choices matter and they don't just exist for you to see one different dialogue line. There are 22 endings in total.
    - Beautiful images even if they're not very detailed. I value text more than pics since my imagination can take care of the visual stuff.
    - Characters have their own well defined personality and they're not just reskined fucktoys (they also each have their own maid costume which is a nice detail).
    - The plot is interesting and leaves you wanting to know more. At least compared to the usual nonsensical story from other games that just exists as a support for the sex.

CONS:
    - Too vanilla. Don't get me wrong I enjoy a good romance but I wouldn't mind if some part were a bit more spicy.
    - Needs more variation images for the sex scenes. I don't really care about animations but if the narration says she puts a dick balls deep down her throat don't show me her just sucking the tip.
    - Yeah, it has 22 endings but they all feel a bit rushed. I wanted to play through a route of some characters more, than just have one ending scene shown after the main route.
    - No content for some maids.
    - NO HAREM ENDING

You may ask yourself why 5/5 if there are so many things I would change about it. The answer to that is because I found myself simping for Mikasa Takako. She's the exact maid I was hoping to see when I downloaded the game. Sorry.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Celerarity

Better game than most titles on this site. The writing is actually good - the mood of the story has other settings than 'horny', and between the sound design and quality script it does a good job of going there.

You wouldn't think it of a game called "Maid Mansion", but seriously give it a read for yourself. It reads - in word choice, story flow, worldbuilding, dialogue, etc - like something written by writers with actual talent. Which basically automatically puts it in the top 1% of F95 games.

I'd give the game a 4.5 if I could. Why not a straight 5? That basically comes down to some details of the sex scenes. Harem endings are often a standard for this genre, and you can kind of feel their absence here. A little more concretely though, I'd say that the scenes themselves are a little short, and the per-character volume (though there are a surprising number of characters) also feels a bit low at times.

The scenes themselves are pretty well written, and a lot of smut writers out there should take notes on less sometimes being more. Still, it does seem like some improvements could be made on the sex side. Sometimes it feels just a little bit like things are jackknifing back and forth between character drama or intrigue and spotting another opportunity to whip your dick out. Still, as game criticisms go, "I'd like to have seen more" is probably a good one to have.

Final verdict: A surprisingly good game. Fun to play, fun to read, and it's definitely got enough sex in there to get the job done. Was worth buying on Steam for me. A lot of people are going to sleep on this title, but it's worth checking out for sure.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

くもり空

Maid Mansion is a visual novel about a young man who suddenly inherits his grandfather's mansion and safflower fields, although this change was completely against his will. He's thrown into this situation and forced to learn how to manage the estate and its finances, using his experience as an accountant and his assistant Umeko as his only guides. The head maid, Takako, is quickly introduced as a center piece of the story. The soul of the game is the psychological element of not knowing who or what to trust. Contrary to the first impression you might get, the story isn't limited to this situation involving the three main characters. Many supporting characters are introduced, some more important than others, and you're able to plunge into many different routes that aren't in any way less important than the main plot. They become the main plot. These "side" characters are very diverse, some of them quite unique in their own ways. You don't exactly have a job to do or a set path to follow. Your only job is to keep the estate afloat, and you're already doing that automatically, so everything else is up to you and how many endings you want to explore. The 22 endings are a core aspect of this game.

Major spoilers ahead.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    In conclusion, I do recommend this visual novel. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how it's even possible to pack so much content into 300 MB. Although the game is considered short, it took me two days to finish all of the endings, and I definitely feel like I gained something from it. I'm afraid of understating how interesting and intriguing the story actually is. This is a visual novel that I'll keep in my hard drive for future reference on the things that it did right. If not for the writing, the art will definitely please pretty much anyone. That being said, this is still a mixed bag. The depth of this game will definitely entertain you as long as the contents of those depths don't bother you. I want to give it a higher score, I really do, but the negative aspects that I brought up heavily hindered my enjoyment. I actually forgot some negative points while writing this review.
    My favorite endings were the 16 and 18, but I'm still left wondering what some of the other routes could've felt like if not for the disappointments along the way. This could've easily been one of my favorite VNs of all time, but as it stands, all I can say is that it was a good read.

Score: 6/10
  8. 5.00 star(s)

aboveeighteenyears

A short, but sweet VN. The writing was good enough to keep me entertained to try out all the endings. Wish there were more corruption choices with the main maids because they are so well-drawn and designed.

My only real complaint is that there isn't a harem ending and there aren't enough save slots to save all my favorite paths ^.^
  9. 3.00 star(s)

Sab12

Please note I have kept this review as spoiler free as I can, as such its puropsely vague in places.

This game is something of a mixed bag. If you can get into it for what it is, you'll think its 5 stars and absolutely amazing

That said the problems:
    • It doesn't have animated scenes
    • Not every girl has scenes or at least any that are worth tracking down. There is one girl who shows up has no scenes and vanishes
    • There is no real harem ending, despite the box art implying that
    • There are multiple bad endings some of which seem to come out of no where and seem to be there purely for the shock value
    • Some of the endings feel impossible to get without a walk through (to be fair the dev provided one, but you can't get them all without them) quite a few choices have little to no impact on the plot, and the ones that do have impact, aren't made clear
    • Some of the plots feel really out of place (including the two supernatural endings)
    • The MC is easily the weakest main character
    If none of that bothers you here's why I enjoyed this game:

• While not animated, the art is stellar throughout
    • The writing is superb. Most but not all of the endings, are really good reads
    • Manages to take the maid troupe and turn it to something interesting to read, while still managing to have hot engaging sex
    • Every girl feels unique and has motivations that make sense
    • has a plot that while basic actually does a good job of making this more than just a wank fest
    In short this is a game that is 100% carried by its writing. If you want to read a good VN that has decent scenes, I recommend this. If you just want to fap, probably play something else
  10. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1465339

After a very long wait the game is finally finished. Now I very much like the game non of the sandbox BS that lot of games have and plenty of good girls to choose from. The game clearly is male dom focused, so if you aren't into that, stay away. However, I can't ignore several points after the long wait the plot was too short. The creator clearly wanted to take this further and it feels like the story abruptly ends. There is also a lack of harem endings, which would have made the story much more in line with what the name implies. Finally, there are too many maids that appear, but don't have any scenes with them. I can't ignore these negatives and it basically breaks my heart to see this happen to another game I actually began to like.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 300949

Incredible game, one of the best in the site for me. Lots of sexy, primarily male-dominant scenes with a variety of sexy, submissive women who you have the power to push around a bit, but who also generally enjoy the attentions of MC. Plenty of paths that are genuinely interesting to explore, and a very attractive art style.

It also avoids a lot of the traps of other very good games - no annoying free-roam modes, NTR, crappy voice acting, repetitive animations, women constantly throwing themselves at MC in contrived scenarios, overly long and dramatic plot, weak MC with no spine or backbone etc.

I'd love to see an expansion for this game, with more scenes for some of the minor characters and maybe a few more harem endings, plus some more sex involved in the endings. But those are just desserts, this is a fantastic game and I encourage you to give it a shot!
  12. 4.00 star(s)

massifteetees

Finally, it's here! Been looking forward to the full release and it doesn't disappoint. Great artstyle, and the story is pretty straightforward too, nothing too complicated but enjoyable nevertheless. My only gripe is it needs more CG since the art is fantastic!
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Antoon

Maybe i'm biased because i freakn love maids, but 5 stars for the Demo because this game has some great potential. The art is great. I really don't care about the story, but it's there, some semi-interesting story is going on. But i do care about writing and the setting, it must tickle my peepee before the sex scene begins and the dev does a decent job at this. But it's a little early to judge since it's a demo and there aren't a lot of sexy scene's yet. BUT, although the art is pretty good, for it to be really fappable, and thus turning this into a masterpiece, it NEEDS, and i can't stress this enough, it needs animations. Thanks.

Edit: The end result is good, not great, but good enough. My expentations were not met, so i changed the 5 stars i gave for potential into 4 stars. The reason is because the writing went downhill. The writing for most scenes couldn't really exite me and was mostly saved by the art. The (corruption) pace, the personality of the MC and the story itself were all over the place and didn't make much sense to me. And if i'm being honest, almost all characters were irritating, this was sometimes a good excuse for punishing her into submission but like i said, the pace and writing was just not good enough imo. There are a lot of endings, which means that you'll have to start over again and again to see all endings. Some might like this but i didn't. I had one of the 'good' endings but sadly all the scenes and endings were still unlocked in the gallery/replay.

Conclusion: The art is great. The concept is nice. Some scenes are pretty good, but not all. The game feels unfinished or a bit rushed. No animations or moving sex scenes :( Don't get your hopes up too much, only then you'll have a good time (but only if you like to dominate and punish maids).