Ren'Py - Maidens of Power [v0.7.6] [Rean]

1. 1.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Well this is a pretty standard run of the mill story, MC is apprently the chosen one to fight evil, but that only last a minute since somehow an evil ex-lover of MCs earliere life can jump into MCs mind and corrupt him and give him dark powers so he can force anyone to fuck him, so pretty much just a rape machine and pure evil, which you as the player has 0 controle over.

Same evil bitch Rapes MC in hes sleep as well, cant stop it either this really killed the game for me.

Even the so called maidens who are supposed to be fighting evil can be criminals stealing and who knows what, it dosent really make much sense.

MC saves a girl whos on the road while a truck is coming, you can shout or run to her but its a fake choice both makes you run to her, next your forced to live with the girl and her grandmother due to yet anoter fake choice where you can refuse but it wont matter since MC accepts anyway.
    What makes it even more weird is that the grandmother forces the girl out of her room to go sleep in MCs bed...i mean how the fuck does that even make any kind of sense.....then the girl is forced to mastubate next to MC due to MCs powers.....

Why dev wasted time to make buttons with choices when they do fuck all i dont know, it seems like a waste of time, and the story line is just kinetic, if there will be a choice at some point with any meaning maybe but it wont be for any importen stuff like who MC has sex with thats out of your hands.

Next MC rapes someone in a library by using hes powers on her, heres a hint for the devs mind controle or lust powers arent any diffrent then a date rape drug, rape is rape and it should have the tag for it.

So if your not into LIs being forced on you or i should say MC forcing him self on to girls and raping them then this game wont be for you since MC is pure evil, after the rape you get another idiotc choice asking if you like what you did or you feel bad about it, picking bad MC still goes on to think everyting is fine and its all good....what is annoying is that it also plays out just as your evil ex-lover has planed, but its still MC that makes the choice of using hes powers not Nyx and you have no choice in that as the player.

Girls looks good and cute and there is a good diversity of builds so theres a bit for everyone.

Animations are pretty bad at times where loops are really shitty so its all jumpy and looks like crap, other times it decent.

Music is about averge nothing special just some background stuff.

Pros:
    Good looking girls.

Cons:
    Rape.

Games feels like pure femdom having a girl in MCs mind constantly telling you what to do and a MC that is so submissive that he follows blindly.

Run of the mill story with no real twists nothing you havent seen before.

MC might be missing hes balls since he acts like a coward even with hes powers, when Nyx that shows her self as hes inner self tells him he needs to go rape people MC dosent question it he just think oh thats proberly just fine, hes brainless and submissive to the point where it gets annoying.

Sandbox, not much to it but i just dont see the point of it even more so since its very kinetic, cant talk to people if you havent done it in the right order so there is no real freedom.

On a side note, if they made real choices so you could deside who you want to fuck and a choice to rape or not rape anyone then it would easily be a 5 star game.
    And i dont really see the point in rape since some girls like him already so why not just romance them instend of raping them and then after MC erase their memory, its just stupid and MC being a rapist dosent do anything for the story or the plot really.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

lhucio

If you like reading children's stories, you might like the game, the dialogues were written by my little cousin.

I tried the game because it had the sandbox tag, when I finally got to the sandbox part after 1 hour I wanted to tear my eyes out from reading so much nonsense.

I still gave it a chance for the sandbox, big mistake! if the dialogue was this bad how was the sandbox going to be good... it was obviously atrocious.

NOT RECOMMENDED
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2755092

I'm only giving an average to this one, because there's very little happening, and a totally unneeded map/time restriction.

The renders are average to above average. They're not bad at all, but they're not going to stand out either.
    The story seems to try to be more complicated than it actually is, but it still manage to holds itself together, so I'm not really holding it against it, this is after all, a fap game at the end, we can not expect ultra high levels on all potentially good games.

Despite the amount of story, there are very few sexy things, and it does seem to take the usual road of escalating interactions with all females after each meetings. As it stands, the dev has tried to bring in 3 girls + 2 side ones, resulting in basically, 5 handjobs, some licking and a BJ.
    Should the dev have focused on a single girl, we more than likely would have gotten more action.

The result of this, is several "stories", that aside from the backstory, on the sexy side, are virtually identical as far as interactions goes.

It is hinted than at least 1 or 2 more will be added later. This will more than likely ends up with disappointing updates in the long run, as the dev will be unable to make meaningful progress on all girls often enough to please everyone, or generally speaking, makes it interesting.

With all that said, the game is not bad (as of v 0.5), but from the design choices and amount of content one could expect in the future, I'm not going to expect this one to become a fully polished gem.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Lobbly

An already great and even more promising game. Great looking female characters, superpowers, fantasy elements, crime and loads of plans for the future. Exactly the kind of game I love. I can't wait to play this again once it's finished. Rean, you did a great job!
  5. 5.00 star(s)

braendt

good stuff. tried it out, and am glad I did.

yes, it would absolutely have been better as a VN. I suspect as more content is added that may change, as I can see potential for not having enough time in the day to do the side stuff you want to do at some point; but for now there's just not much to do.

but what there is is pretty good.

enjoyed the short distraction, and looking forward to more.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Jaango

You should give it a try. It's good. Story seems interesting and good graphics for a HS game. In my opinion the sandbox part is unnecessary, actually it's not grindy. But it should have been made as a simple VN. It's pretty much short at the moment but it's not boring.

Seems interesting and looking forward to next updates keep up the good work dev