EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
16x4 All Maids F95.jpg

Overview:
Decades ago, an Estate was attacked by Servants of an unknown Master. Their only goal seemed to be the deaths of everyone on the grounds. There were no survivors. Our protagonist Master had been kept away from the destruction by his uncle, who raised him. With no one left alive to explain why he had to grow up an orphan, he returns home with a single Servant - his childhood friend - seeking to rebuild his family Estate and take revenge on whoever tried to burn it to the ground. And hopefully build a harem of cute Maids along the way~
Thread Updated: 2024-03-15
Release Date: 2023-03-15
Developer: The Mithril Hourglass - - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.14
Language: English
Prequel: Maids & Masters: Arrival
Other Game: Love/Loss - Redemption Harem
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

Saves from v0.9.2 and earlier will not work in v0.10 and later.

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - -
Mac: - - - -

Extras: Fan Signatures
*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

1326580_Opening_Scene.png DWH1.png DWH2.png Melissa Nude Wakeup.png Ella Intro.png Alice Intro (3).png Emily Dress-Up 1 (1).png Bianca Chair (2).png Quinn Mourning (3).png Teely Recruit 4 (1).png Odette 2-Round Leadin (2).png Lalita Negotiations (4).png Katrina Freeze Convo (1).png

Last edited by a moderator:

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
I see a lot of tags. I also see the dev note "Tags include planned content, not all tags may be present in the current version."

Please seperate the two hreserves. Under genre tags and, more importantly, on the post only the current tags may be used. See Tags Rule #2 "Do not use tags that aren't currently available in-game".
The most common solution is to add another line under genre with "planned tags". This also prevents bad reviews from people who search for specific tags, play the game based on them, and are angry when the content isn't in the game after all.

Good luck with the game!

edit: DarkWolf2055 moves fast! :D Thanks for fixing the tags!

Last edited:
Reactions: evilmonkie

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Here I was just about to fix the tags myself. I suppose I'll get that updated to match current and planned content at some point in the future. Sorry for missing that, I thought I read the rule somewhere and couldn't find it again when I went to actually hit post.

As for the rest of you...

Are maids avoidable?
Travel north by northwest for approximately four hours. You'll know when you arrive. Speak with the old man there, he'll give you what you need to continue. Use what he gives you to guide you to your destination. Wait there until midnight, and look to the east, below the crescent of the moon. Remember what you see there, and return home. Dream of it. If you wake, you'll have your answer.

can the master be the maid instead?
I'm working on a costume system. That's as much as I'll say about that for the time being.

Seems interesting to me but too new. Will watch over this. Good luck!
Totally understandable, I've had the same thought about other projects. If it's worth anything, there's currently about two hours of content, depending on how much you decide to do. Thanks for the luck either way, I'm sure I'll need it.

The MC looks dorky af. Other games with that face suffer the same problem:sneaky:
In my defense, he is dorky af.

you get any help navigating or just wander around like a derp like in most rpgm games
There isn't a quest log, if that's what you mean, but I did try to work in dialogue that would give you direction, with the rest either being fully or partially optional or (hopefully) intuitive. I'm also trying to follow some classic RPG design philosophy, where if you don't know what to do, you can find out what to do next by talking with NPCs. I did take that a step further by giving the party characters a "chat" option in certain areas for extra guidance, but I've playtested this so much I'm not sure if what I've built is actually intuitive or if I have it all memorized. If there are any points where you feel lost or it isn't clear what to do next, let me know. I'm not opposed to expanding guiding dialogue and the like for "bugfix" builds.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
what i meant was, in few rpgm games you have sparks/lights on the map on where you need to go which is life or death difference for me in playing with this engine :whistle:
Ah, yeah, I know what you're talking about. No, I don't highlight things like that, but hopefully I've done a good enough job that doing that isn't necessary. Monsters are visible rather than random encounters, so when you get a quest to kill wolves, you can just see wolves and chase them down rather than running in circles hoping for the right random encounter to appear.

Though I did build this game for people like myself, who like exploring worlds and doing the side quests first. There are things in the game that I expect the average player to not find; of the four trophies available in the game, one is very well hidden and another you'd only know about if you played Arrival. I put effort into making the game playable for people who don't do that, but if it's not your jam, it's not your jam.

I'll also admit that this (and Arrival) are the first time I've even opened RPG Maker, so I'm not sure how to make some things happen without doing it the hard way and creating a load of extra switches or variables or assets (not to mention work) that I'd probably lose track of.

Can the maids reverse enslave the master?
There are lore reasons for that to not really be possible, but rather than going on a giant tangent I'll just say no, it's not possible for the MC to become reverse enslaved by his Maids. It is an interesting idea that I hadn't given thought to though, I might have to explore that a bit.

Reactions: Aqua Rose

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
So I got an alert that this had the mind control tag, which was apparently removed because it's only supposed to have tags that are currently in the game, but there's no mind control tag in the "planned content" section. Does that mean it was never meant to be a thing in the first place, or just that you left it out of the list by mistake? And if the latter, how prominently does it feature?

I was really looking forward to this when I got an alert for a MC tag and seeing the title (and crossing my fingers hoping to God that this wasn't yet another M2F game), but now I'm not even sure if it's gonna be a thing.

I'll also admit that this (and Arrival) are the first time I've even opened RPG Maker, so I'm not sure how to make some things happen without doing it the hard way and creating a load of extra switches or variables or assets (not to mention work) that I'd probably lose track of.
I haven't touched RPGMaker since I messed around with it for a moment when I was a little kid, but I think what this person's referring to is as simple as applying a sprite to an otherwise invisible event trigger so that you know an object is interactible. For example, if there's a cabinet that you can interact with and isn't just a static part of the background, it can have a small sparkle sprite on top of it to show people that something will happen if you press the button on it. It's no different from making an NPC that you can talk to, except they look like a sparkle and are standing on the cabinet's tile.

It's possible that this person is also asking for it to be more situational, like having the sparkle be visible when it's important to the plot and invisible when it's not. But even just having it always be there so that players know what can be interacted with and what can't could make a big difference for some people.

Last edited:
Reactions: fuzzyskywalker

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Gonna split this one up so it's easier to respond.

So I got an alert that this had the mind control tag, which was apparently removed because it's only supposed to have tags that are currently in the game, but there's no mind control tag in the "planned content" section. Does that mean it was never meant to be a thing in the first place, or just that you left it out of the list by mistake? And if the latter, how prominently does it feature?
I had included it originally because of the definition provided in the tag list. There's a magical component that defines the relationship between a Master and a Servant. Within the fiction, a Master is functionally able to dictate how much free will their Servants have. According to the tag list as I had initially read it, that constitutes mind control.

When the tags needed to be updated in order to comply with the forum rules, it was removed by the mods. Once I updated the other tags in the dev notes for planned content, I was unsure how relevant the tag actually was.

I do intend to explore this as part of the story, so it will feature in at least some capacity, but it isn't something the MC will do, so I ultimately chose to exclude it. It's in kind of a weird space, because it's a component that is technically integral to the setting, but the way it is present is subtle, and I don't want to mislead anyone.

I was really looking forward to this when I got an alert for a MC tag and seeing the title (and crossing my fingers hoping to God that this wasn't yet another M2F game), but now I'm not even sure if it's gonna be a thing.
I can say for certain that the MC won't undergo a permanent M2F change. The protagonist is and will remain male for the entirety of the story.

I haven't touched RPGMaker since I messed around with it for a moment when I was a little kid, but I think what this person's referring to is as simple as applying a sprite to an otherwise invisible event trigger so that you know an object is interactible. For example, if there's a cabinet that you can interact with and isn't just a static part of the background, it can have a small sparkle sprite on top of it to show people that something will happen if you press the button on it. It's no different from making an NPC that you can talk to, except they look like a sparkle and are standing on the cabinet's tile.

It's possible that this person is also asking for it to be more situational, like having the sparkle be visible when it's important to the plot and invisible when it's not. But even just having it always be there so that players know what can be interacted with and what can't could make a big difference for some people.
Yup, I'm familiar. The issue is that a lot of objects that might include a sparkle or other relevant marker are already event objects that will disappear after you've interacted with them and they've served their purpose. To the best of my knowledge, it isn't possible to stack events on top of each other (at least in VX Ace), so in order to accomplish that effect I'd need to take the sprite list for the sparkle animation, overlay it onto the sprite that needs the animation, and create custom sprite sheets so that the object in question doesn't sparkle when it isn't relevant, does sparkle when it is, and still disappears when it's supposed to. In my brain, it's a lot easier to have an NPC say "you can find trees already chopped down on the north road."

To that end, I'm also making as many items as possible interactive. Not only do I feel it enriches the game world to be able to interact with otherwise inconsequential items, it gives me that many more opportunities to hide secrets for the people that like to dig around in game worlds just for the sake of seeing what they can find.

That said, if navigation of the game and location of important interactive items ends up being enough of an issue, I can dedicate more brain power to finding a solution that won't require a ground-up rework.

any sex in the game?
It opens on a blowjob, so yes. There are three scenes currently, with plenty more planned.

And apparently I missed a few of you. Sorry about that.

This game by Charles Dickens is funny
I'm not Charles Dickens, but thank you?

You're welcome!

Finally a game about maids
I genuinely can't tell if this is sarcastic or not. Though I personally haven't encountered many games where maids feature heavily, so I'll assume it's not. I've encountered less than 5 maid-centric games on F95, and I can't say any of them kept my interest. Hopefully this game will change that for some people.

Reactions: nico360
3.90 star(s) 10 Votes