Main Characters...

CaptMorgan76

May 10, 2018
Hello, allow me to start by saying that I mean no disrespect to anyone nor do I wish to insult the hard work that goes into your games.. That said, can you Developers create a consortium of developers and ratify a binding resolution that from this day forward you will stop making MCs that are painfully awkward and/or naïve/dense.. “mommy what are you doing? We can’t share a dressing room, I will see your boobies..” “Oh no! My sister kissed me! Why’d you do that sis?” I mean pretty much all of them are technically adults right? (Over 19) maybe I was an early bloomer, but it passed puberty by like 13-14.. they act like they’re either 10 or somewhere on the autistic Spectrum. I know the MC from the game “Life” is, but come on! Surely not all of them are?! On the bright side, this phenomenon has caused me to start trying to develop if for no other reason than to finally see a halfway suave main character that can keep his shit together the first time a icky girl shows him her naughty parts...

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I don't normally agree with people making demands of devs but, I agree.

That type of protag is why I prefer RPG's and female leads. It's hard to get any immersion or empathy for a male lead at the best of times but when that character is so annoying and awkward I end up turning it off and deleting it.

All I know is if I was straight and a guy talked to me how some of those MC's talk the only pussy they would be seeing is in the mirror. It's not cute, it's not endearing and it's certainly not sexy. It is uncomfortable, creepy and cringe worthy.

Reactions: CaptMorgan76

caLTD

Game Developer
Feb 4, 2018
It was all about bad Japanese hentai translation. How so ?

You are desperate developer and need to write dialog for your incest game and you have no idea how to write and you have to borrow somewhere.

Then you goto the your favorite hentai site and you don't know japanese and you have to rely to bad japanese translation.

And I agree to poster.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Hello, allow me to start by saying that I mean no disrespect to anyone nor do I wish to insult the hard work that goes into your games.. That said, can you Developers create a consortium of developers and ratify a binding resolution that from this day forward you will stop making MCs that are painfully awkward and/or naïve/dense.. “mommy what are you doing? We can’t share a dressing room, I will see your boobies..” “Oh no! My sister kissed me! Why’d you do that sis?” I mean pretty much all of them are technically adults right? (Over 19) maybe I was an early bloomer, but it passed puberty by like 13-14.. they act like they’re either 10 or somewhere on the autistic Spectrum. I know the MC from the game “Life” is, but come on! Surely not all of them are?! On the bright side, this phenomenon has caused me to start trying to develop if for no other reason than to finally see a halfway suave main character that can keep his shit together the first time a icky girl shows him her naughty parts...
Totally agree. I'll be honest, and like you, this is one of the things that drove me to have a bash at writing one myself. Good luck with your project!

Jun 29, 2018
I think there are a number of issues causing poor writing in games. Some games are translated poorly from other languages as well as some creators have English as a 2nd language. There are also a lot of creators who don't care and want to get a game out ASAP. This not only can lead to poor characters and story but also little effort in the images.

There also seems to be an audience that just wants to get to the sex scenes ASAP. They care less for the story than seeing the action so the creator may not put the time into making believable characters just to keep things moving. I don't agree with this attitude and I find the story and characters much more important.

I've seen a number of complaints about the game "Dating My Daughter" and how it drags on too long. I actually like this as it gives validity to the difficult decision the characters have about getting into an incestuous relationship. If they fucked as soon as they met I wouldn't care about it as much just because the story told me they were related.

To be fair, I only started DMD about a month ago so I haven't spent that long waiting for more updates to come out. Maybe if I've been waiting over a year for the story to progress I may not be as happy as I am now. :) I agree with wanting more games with better characters/writing but I'm not sure there's a way to make it happen outside of supporting the creators who spend the time and effort to create those types of games.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
I don't understand how these characters are written. Not to say, I don't understand how bad characters are written. There are many characters from different stories and shows I like, where they are a bit naive, and sometimes it is a joy to see them stick to their beliefs or grow, but I have a really hard time trying to write for characters who's thinking is... flawed. I don't know about the rest of you, but I struggle to make flawed characters, I think most people want to be a perfectionist with their work, but having flawed characters helps make things interesting. It's a contradiction in writing I think.