Maintaining Consistent Perspectives and Image Sizes in Honey Select (or any Illusion Studio)

Feb 28, 2018
Hi,

Ive been working on a game concept for a few days. My general workflow is producing the character model in Honey Select, taking a shot at a 45* down angle (camera in unity is isometric and orthographic) via Screenshot Manager, cropping in Gimp and importing into Unity, where the shot is added to a material running a custom shader (to allow the sprite to interact with realtime lighting effects) and billboarded on a quad in a low poly 3d environment.

An issue ive been running into is maintaining consistency, particular with animations, in my portrait shots from Studio Neo. As far as I can tell, theres no way to save camera angles between sessions, animations do not seem to reliably use the same root position (meaning I cant guarantee that shots from both Standing Animation A and Running Animation B are from precisely the exact same perspective) and theres no way to pause an animation on individual keyframes.

Would love to hear how any of you have solved consistency issues in Studio Neo, I'm also open to moving to different software if necessary.