Making a game - How to compact images into a document/file?

lannyboy

Aug 13, 2018
Hello!

How do I add all my images in a game to a document/file?

I have noticed by the games I download that instead of having a image folder filled with images, many have simply a rpa file that says images. How do I make that happen?

I am currently trying to createa a game using RenPy and Honey Select. I don't want to have folders filled with images either, a file or a document would be better when I upload the game. So anyone know how I can compact the images from a renpy-hs-game into a file/document? Any good tutorial out there? As far as I can see, only tutorials for how to extract them, but I cant find any for how to make them.

Any help would be much appreciated!

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
The Ren'Py sdk automatically makes rpa (ren'py archives) when you build your game.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Just read the official docs:
You must tell Ren'py which files it must compress and which ones it must exclude from the release.
This is done in a init python: block. Typically, in game\options.rpy.
JPGs and PNGs are included by default. If you have movies, GIFs or WEPs though, you must edit the file.
As bas said, you don't compress the images: when you build the release, Ren'py will take care of creating the .rpa, according to your settings.
Last step: just zip the folder. Good luck.