Making a new Possession/Corruption focused RPG Maker game! Need suggestions!

RevolutioAnry

Apr 21, 2021
First of all, I want to thank Velzies for inspiring me to make my own game! This is my first (publically available) project!

My idea: The gimmick of this game is possession, as you might have guessed. You will possess NPCs and then enjoy their life as if they were your own. Then, you are free to change the course of the NPC's life which would still take effect even after you get out of their body. This is because the actions you take while being the possessed NPCs, the NPCs will register them as their own actions.

The more depraved acts you do as the NPCs, the more their corruption rating goes up. Over time, they would no longer suspect that something was off and you are free to shape their life/personality like Play-Doh.

Each NPC will be unique in how they increase their corruption points, (although there will be universal options like working at brothels or selling used underwear.) Right now, the only characters I have fully planned in mind are:

1.) A female knight, Esther. A young ambitious and loyal knight who will risk everything to maintain order. Possessing her will allow you to play the patrol of the city. Either help people solve crimes or help the criminal get away with it! Possessing her will also give you access to the knights' HQ, where you will have more NPCs to play with. Your corruption options are:

-Make her assist/encourage crimes, perhaps in exchange for sex with a crime lord? (Corrupt, Sex Crazed Knight)
-Have her give sexual services to the citizens to help relieve their worries. (Slutty, But Still Righteous Knight)
-I will add more if there are any suggestions.

2.) Leader of The Knights, Juvia. A menacing woman who leads the knights of Avarill. Possessing her will allow you to play around with the knights' under you: Making the armor for the female knights more lewd for the sake of "mobility". Relieving the stress of the various male knights with sex. And many more knightly activities. The corruption options are:

-Make her a cumdump for the knights for the sake of stress relief. (Kingdom Approved Morale Boosting Cumdump)
-Make her a sex slave/lover to a corrupt noble and make him control the knights from behind the scenes. (Submissive/Sex Crazed Commander Route)
-I will add more if there are any suggestions.

3.) An innkeeper, Maria. A wholesome middle-aged woman who owns an inn. Once you possess her, you can enjoy living her life, making this wholesome lady perform vulgar acts and play a mini-game where you manage her inn/tavern with occasional under-the-table services. You would then have several options to corrupt her life, but right now, the only idea I have is to make her give "special services" to her clients regularly (which you can enjoy yourself in your original male body).

Other planned characters:
-A housewife
-A beast tamer
-An aristocratic lady
-The Queen and The Princess
-A strong adventurer
-etc.

Included fetishes: mind control, possession, futanari(?), masturbation, prostitution, corruption, incest, brainwashing, will add more later on.

Planned features:
-A brothel where all possessed NPCs can visit to work, gaining gold and corruption points. Visit enough times and rumors about the characters will spread. (Ex: "Did you hear Maria is working in the brothel?! Who knew that old lady still knows how to have fun!" "Hey, you know that stuck-up knight, Esther? Yeah, I banged her in the brothel last night.")
-Multiple Endings.
-Dozens of possessable NPCs.
-(If I could get an artist) Customizable appearance for each NPC.

Here's a short preview of what I've done so far, it's very basic. (Done in only two hours, mostly filled with me fiddling with RPG Maker's menu.)

I only just started using RPG Maker, so I don't even know how to add busts (not that there's art I can use, yet). But, from what I've got so far, I believe I could do what I want to do, just needs a lot of dedication and study.

Now, I want to ask for ideas. Please tell me whatever you have in mind! Characters, potential corruption routes, etc. I already have the general story in mind. I'm only asking for things that you might want me to include!

Last edited:

Velzies

Gone Away Forever
Game Developer
Oct 27, 2022

RevolutioAnry

Apr 21, 2021
I have an example MZ project if you want to take a look on how I handled it:
https://f95zone.to/threads/presentation-creation-of-slime-possession-games.144624/#post-12603467
Edit: Oh wait, I think you've already seen it.
Yes! I already have your sample project downloaded! I've been analyzing it but I'm still new to RPGM, so I don't really know the structure of your events, what each option does, etc.

From what I am seeing in the event page, for changing clothing/expression, the bust model you use is a naked character but you just overlay clothing images on top? If yes, I'll let the artist know to draw each clothing in layers!

Do each layer have to be called everytime someone talks? You seem to be using a script to change characters, is there a reason not to use the provided "Change Party Member" option?

I have tons of questions but, I don't want to make this too long. I'll try my best to answer them myself as I analyze your sample project more. Hopefully I get the hang of it soon! Thank you for your help!

Reactions: Geegee112

Geegee112

May 25, 2021
Sounds like a great concept and the prototype is looking nice.
The multiple endings seems a bit ambitious and might be a nightmare for you to make but also for people who like to complete and have all the scenes it can be tedious, food for thought. Galleries are always beloved in this case.

In terms of having a lot of characters, I've seen other games kind of do this by having like a few "main girls" with a lot of unique scenes and the "side girls" having a couple and then mostly everyone having everyone sharing common events etc. Maybe something to ponder.

Would absolutely love some feet/soles in the air missionary. That is the great mark of every hentai game.

Interested in seeing the art direction of this.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Sounds interesting, I may try it if you put something out. Though I would prefer possession without lasting mind-control - put them in humiliating situations, depossess them and then watch them struggle. I feel it would be better if the corruption came from their predicaments, rather than from magic mind-control.

Velzies

Gone Away Forever
Game Developer
Oct 27, 2022
Yes! I already have your sample project downloaded! I've been analyzing it but I'm still new to RPGM, so I don't really know the structure of your events, what each option does, etc.

From what I am seeing in the event page, for changing clothing/expression, the bust model you use is a naked character but you just overlay clothing images on top? If yes, I'll let the artist know to draw each clothing in layers!

Do each layer have to be called everytime someone talks? You seem to be using a script to change characters, is there a reason not to use the provided "Change Party Member" option?

I have tons of questions but, I don't want to make this too long. I'll try my best to answer them myself as I analyze your sample project more. Hopefully I get the hang of it soon! Thank you for your help!
I usually bring up all the character images when the convo starts and change the face image when the expression needs to change, and then remove all the images when the convo is over. The "show picture" will stay on the screen until you remove them, which is why I remove the image at the very end of every convo.

As for why I use a script to change characters, it's because I need to ensure that I can update character picture to match the character the player is possessing. Otherwise, the old image will stay there.

Reactions: RevolutioAnry

RevolutioAnry

Apr 21, 2021
I usually bring up all the character images when the convo starts and change the face image when the expression needs to change, and then remove all the images when the convo is over. The "show picture" will stay on the screen until you remove them, which is why I remove the image at the very end of every convo.

As for why I use a script to change characters, it's because I need to ensure that I can update character picture to match the character the player is possessing. Otherwise, the old image will stay there.
Is there anywhere I can contact you to ask more about your sample project and how it works?

Velzies

Gone Away Forever
Game Developer
Oct 27, 2022
Is there anywhere I can contact you to ask more about your sample project and how it works?
Yup - I saw your message and I responded on Discord. Feel free to ask me more questions, but bear with me as I may take a while to respond due to my busy schedule.

Reactions: RevolutioAnry