• We're currently performing maintenance on the search system, we'll get it back ASAP.

Ren'Py Making a VN called "DUNE - Generations of Doom" - need some coding assistance

Avalonica

Oct 11, 2017
DUNE.jpg

I have begun to notice that my lack of coding skill makes me do lot of bypasses (i.e. cutting corners) in my VN and now it's totally bloated like a roadkill a warm summer day. Hopefully with your wisdom and guidance everything can get back on track.

For the record, this VN is called DUNE - Generations of Doom. This is mainly because I draw inspiration from the classical Genesis game Phantasy Star III (played it on a emulator) that had several generations of characters to play and mix/match in marriages. However, the game is all about DUNE and it's lore. The Movie 1984 and TV adaptions of DUNE leave a lot to be desired unlike all the books that are AMAZING (hopefully the new DUNE movie that will come out 2020 will be really good and the Bene Gesserit TV series). Still, they are all worth a look so here are the names for anyone interested in their acquisition:
  1. Dune (1984) Alternative Edition Redux {you need to acquire the 2nd fan edition version}
  2. Dune Mini Series (2000) {Directors Cut}
  3. Dune Mini Series (2003) - Children of Dune
  4. Get the OST (Original Soundtrack) for Dune (1984) - There are some amazing tunes in there
  5. Get the OST for the Dune Mini Series (2003) mainly because of the Brian Tyler - Inama Nushif (Montage) song.

EDIT: I have made groundbreaking progress with the map systems and trigger system. I'll update this post if/and when I get stuck again! :giggle:

Last edited: