Making big orgies

BangCityGuy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I would like to make a big group sex scene that takes place in the background of a scene and most of the participants should only be extras.
My main characters are Genesis8,
Would it make sense for me to use Genesis3 for the people in the background so that the calculations load is smaller? I have 2x 3090 but with big scenes it will still be a heavy task for my PC.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
It toally depends on you and your scene, you can easily make scenes with just one character that make 2 3090s crawl.
Regarding gen3: depending on the amount of people and the environment I'd probably even use gen1 or 2, with gen3 you can have bad luck, especially the newer ones can be as heavy as any g8 (since they're essentially the same figure).
Just had a look to my latest render and the maximum amount of g8 in one scene I rendered so far is 8, but with quite heavy environment, so most of them took ages to finish just because of the environment.
In some pre-3090 renders I have up to 11 chars, but used mostly older gen (1 to 3) and some tricks like instancing and reduced texture load on background chars (via scene optimizer).

Reactions: BangCityGuy

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Depending on what you're trying to accomplish, using low-poly characters might be a possibility.
You can put quite a few of them in a scene without a problem. I don't know what they look like unclothed, however.

Secondly, it's the textures, not the geometry, that is the biggest contributor to VRAM. So, if you use Scene Optimizer to reduce the size of your images, and if you use the same textures on all the figures, you can save a lot of memory. (You can manually fiddle with morph dials to make the characters be different shapes while keeping the same textures). Different hairs for different characters would be an issue.

If character geometry was really a problem, there's Decimator. As recreation mentions, you can also use instances. Instances all have the same pose, but you can rotate and translate them around the scene, so you might be able to make that less obvious.

Reactions: BangCityGuy

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
Unless you're animating it, it might make sense to make the orgy "panoramic", so that it's taking place in the same large room but you can't see everyone simultaneously. So you could have a 3x3 picture grid, with say 4 participants in every shot, just 4 different people. So you get 9 manageable renders instead of one really difficult and time consuming one. Also easier for simple animations too.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Oh man 2x3090, boyyy I would love messing with that *_*

g3 ain't per se faster to render than g8 - most differences is in its face rigging iirc. That said lot of older g3 skins use now kinda obsolete Iray workflow/layers that are way faster to render than a today skin.

Imo try to mentaly divide each shot in 3 parts: foreward/middle/background. With a little bit of shader litteracy you can crank a bit of everything. It's an exemple but while 'foreward' need all the details (full blown skin), 'middle' can skip SSS (thin walled/mono SSS) and switch Dual lobe/Top coat for gloss, 'background' more likely can skip any SSS/normals on top of that. Also Iray planes especially for interior. If you're using a bit of DoF it's better, even more options.

If it's really a big fucking orgy, you can swap middle/background chars with the same skins (more likely a good g8f one, yes even male), then downside maps. Let me borrow your computer I could explain better :WeSmart:.

Last edited:

BangCityGuy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Thanks for the tips.
I have already split a scene, rendered it several times and reassembled it with Photoshop, but then the light and shadow effects are unfortunately not correct.
I think I will try more with the textures games.
The rendering is actually not the biggest problem. Much worse is to work in the viewport, when then the PC becomes very slow the more actors are used. I should probably put them in one by one in their desired pose.
By the way, this picture is only made with G8. This is of course not the planned orgy scene. For this I would like to use 20 actors ... even if it is megalomaniac :LOL:
swingerclub_pole_mc_018.jpg

Reactions: Lou111

Lou111

Jun 2, 2018
By the way, this picture is only made with G8.
Sorry, I'm no help here but there's so much I want to say...

1. Nice pic! They're all in my favorite pose (facing away from viewer)
2. Good luck with the scene, I'm a fan of your game and am looking forward to it
3. no__name thanks for the music from your sig. That hit the spot!

*crawls back in hole*

BangCityGuy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Sorry, I'm no help here but there's so much I want to say...

1. Nice pic! They're all in my favorite pose (facing away from viewer)
2. Good luck with the scene, I'm a fan of your game and am looking forward to it
3. no__name thanks for the music from your sig. That hit the spot!

*crawls back in hole*
Thank you! Of course there will be much more images with other perspectives. But I did not want to show to much :)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Lou111