Making games with kisekae paper dolls?

HoleInOne

Sep 30, 2017
I've already seen a few games using a tool called kisekae to make custimizable characters (for example Odyssey of Gianna, ). I thing the original is Everyone's dress up, but the fact other games use it makes me think that there must be an api documentation some where, but everything i find about the tech is in Japanese. Do anybody know how to use it?

F4C430

Dec 4, 2018
There's a guide somewhere in the SPNATI community that documents how to create a character for that game. I think the concept is the same for your own game. There's no API. You have to create your character, pose it, and then take a picture (there's a function to take a picture without the background--i don't know it offhand though). It's very much a brute force method for creation because you have to take a lot of pictures.

If it's at all possible to do your own characters yourself, even if it takes a lot longer and they're not as good, i would recommend doing that because seeing that tool used in multiple games gets old quickly.

If you need help reading the Japanese wiki for that tool, just copy the address into Google translate and let Google translate the pages for you.

HoleInOne

Sep 30, 2017
There's a guide somewhere in the SPNATI community that documents how to create a character for that game. I think the concept is the same for your own game. There's no API. You have to create your character, pose it, and then take a picture (there's a function to take a picture without the background--i don't know it offhand though). It's very much a brute force method for creation because you have to take a lot of pictures.

If it's at all possible to do your own characters yourself, even if it takes a lot longer and they're not as good, i would recommend doing that because seeing that tool used in multiple games gets old quickly.

If you need help reading the Japanese wiki for that tool, just copy the address into Google translate and let Google translate the pages for you.
I was hoping you can use game events and user input to manip the characters and their clothing, taking all those pics will make it a living hell...

F4C430

Dec 4, 2018
I was hoping you can use game events and user input to manip the characters and their clothing, taking all those pics will make it a living hell...
The only tool i'm personally aware of that can do that is . You could always design your own paper doll system.