Making Hair Skull Cap

ABaaaadIdea

Aug 7, 2018
In trying to swap skullcaps (for one that covers more of the face - made by doubling the geometry of G8, if that matters, rather than in Hexagon etc so it'd follow the polyflow), using Transfer Utility (smoothing on or off) causes the temples to disappear below the mesh ... any ideas why?
Screenshot 2019-04-01 23.56.31.png
Thanks in advance for the help!!

Update: tried but no joy ... it seems to be shrinking the cap, even sometimes to the point where it's just on the crown of the head

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
I'm far from an expert in this, but as I understand it, Transfer Utility takes care of rigging, but things like "expand / contract to match the width of the figures head" is done by auto-follow, which relies on morphs. So I'm guessing that the morphs that were on the original didn't transfer to your modified version?

You'll probably get a much, MUCH better answer if you ask this over on the Daz Studio forum - there are people over there that actually know what they're doing, unlike me... LOL

Reactions: ABaaaadIdea

ABaaaadIdea

Aug 7, 2018
I'm far from an expert in this, but as I understand it, Transfer Utility takes care of rigging, but things like "expand / contract to match the width of the figures head" is done by auto-follow, which relies on morphs. So I'm guessing that the morphs that were on the original didn't transfer to your modified version?

You'll probably get a much, MUCH better answer if you ask this over on the Daz Studio forum - there are people over there that actually know what they're doing, unlike me... LOL
That's a great idea - one I should've thought to do! I'll post there as well (though I think some respondents have seemed overly picky and protective in threads I've seen).

But any help here would be greatly appreciated! ... I want to make an UE4 game w/ the nearly the whole Palace (not just what BFII has) & Sail Barge and share! :D