Making Repetitive Generic Sex Scenes interesting?

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
For a more mechanics driven Sandbox game, like Hentai High School or Slave Trainers or Brothel Sims.
You have a lot of customization in terms of Characters but on the other hand sex scenes are a lot more generic and don't have much in terms of story.

To some extent things would have to be standardized between characters in terms of sexual content even if the renders are unique per character.

What ideas do you have to make it more interesting and maybe add a bit of variety in small ways and for cheap?
Was thinking of a sex mini-game with a bit of variety in the foreplay phase and more involved mechanics.
Maybe have a unique fetish/scene per character that is exclusive to that character that the player can discover?

How do you make it interesting even if its repetitive?

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
I've played a few brothel sims games. One element from my experience is good audio can make or break repetitive generic scenes. For example the right moaning tracks could elevate even repetitive generic scenes, at least for me. And bad moaning tracks, ones that sound exaggerated/forced/fake, could ruin the entire scene no matter how good it is, again at least for me.

Reactions: DuniX

Ninthja

Jan 6, 2020
I agree with the sounds but I also want to add that having different variations of the same position like having it a slightly different angle, different sounds, different texts and context with different areas and then making more than one position based on the context for the same scene might help too. And more than one person might add up to the scene like while one is fucking other is getting a blowjob, touching etc. one by one.
You also might make a sexual skill tree to unlock your own sexual positions to make it harder to get so it wont be repetitive as much. Different positions for different characters might help too. And having sexual stats like with 25 lust you would give handjob, 50 blowjob, 75 ass etc. could be useful.
Like the secret for this is like mostly how you've mentioned, add variety in small ways, foreplay progress kinda mechanics, unique scenes for some characters.
Story and character's emotion, their feelings, the design are what makes it for me. I like feeling like the main character. So even In games with not much sound but good story and design I can go with it.

Reactions: Nottravis

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
And more than one person might add up to the scene like while one is fucking other is getting a blowjob, touching etc. one by one.
I really thought about compositions of multiple characters in a scene.
As long as you have compatibility within the scene with the right role for the character(Dom/Top,Sub/Bottom,Support) as well as align it with the connections points and anchors(penis to vagina) you can have any number of combinations.
But the Problem with that is the Camera would have to be fixed and the characters would be Pretty Interchangeable.
Maybe we render with multiple angles from different cameras while still maintaining compatibility and alignment with all possible characters? That way you can break the monotony of just having a fixed camera and we can select at random the angles per scene or character combination. I think what is more important is the angles to be different for different characters so as to not think the characters are interchangeable, especially if different poses have their own camera angles which are independent from other poses so you can have a nice mix.

Hmm now that I think about it you can have different connection per camera angle so things like "hand to shoulder" can be in one angle and "hand to waist" can be in another. As long as the connection points are fixed to the world and consequently to the camera and things are approximate enough to be compatible and composable you can even have a bit of variation per character like a head tilt and arms position if the do not affect thing.

I am also thinking to render the sex acts more like a Sprite like in a Visual Novel Sprites and maybe add some floating panels for things like breast massage. Trying to do that with unique scenery/environment and lighting setups per scene I would think would be too difficult for the amount of characters and angles. Maybe have just a few special scenes like that per character.

Story and character's emotion, their feelings, the design are what makes it for me.
This shouldn't be a problem since I have some mechanics planned for things like that.

But the reason it is a Generic Scene in the first place is there isn't exactly a written linear story. It is also meant to be repeated. In a Brothel Sim you can't exactly have a written story for each character.

If you have a Linear Game that is a completely different scenario and you can make all the scenes unique and plot relevant.
Even "Sandbox Games" can do this since they have much more in common with a linear written game than a gameplay game(aka how to damn them with faint praise).

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
What ideas do you have to make it more interesting and maybe add a bit of variety in small ways and for cheap?
Was thinking of a sex mini-game with a bit of variety in the foreplay phase and more involved mechanics.
Take a look at Pact With a Witch. There's flaw in the realization, but the interactive scene with the roommate have many good ideas.
Basically, each time the player choose an action, it open or close the possibility to do another action or to repeat this action. By example, (from memory) play too hard and too early with her ass, and she'll deny it until the end, but if you play with it once her desire and submission is high enough, you'll be able to put more than a finger.