Daz Making saliva inside DAZ

Mar 20, 2020
Hello!
I have a render idea inside my head and I would like to simulate somehow saliva. How would that be possible?
If there is any chance I don't really want to make it only in post production (like Ron's Slimes), but of course if there isn't any other way... :D

Thank you very much for the answers!

hansolocambo

Jun 21, 2020
with DAZ ? no way.
DAZ is NOT a 3D modeler.
It's simply a base meshes generator with a money maker system behind where John Doe(s) can sell their creations.

If you want saliva, drool, cumshots, or any other 3D object... in DAZ ? Well you gotta model it in a 3D modeler.

The way I do that :

I use GoZ to send the Genesis subdivided (2 times or more) to ZBrush. A-Pose or already posed Genesis, up to you. If it's A-Pose then you can use the Transfer Utility to save your body fluids (saliva, etc.) and sell/share them. If it's an already posed Genesis then you'll be able to use that saliva only for 1 still image.

In Zbrush : Mask skin areas that correspond to those with body fluids. Then extract the mask (this creates a mesh that has the shape of the mask, into a new layer). And smooth, sculpt, etc. the mesh until you get the drooly, slimy, gooey effect you want. Then import that mesh into DAZ (or send it through the GoZ bridge again, TOP solution). Assign it !Iray Uber Base and a proper shader. Done.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Like han said, creating it's a no go within Daz. Daz it's not made for modeling and such, so you either go through the blender route and model that yourself (but by exporting the model at base resolution and not higher resolution), or you can cheat a bit by using any of the cum prop (like for example the ones from Dragiz, Moneyshotz or the futalicious one as well) and use the gross fluid shader from "Just Radiation" that can be used both for cum and saliva (I prefer much more this one). You can find "them" on Pixiv mostly (don't know if it's somewhere else, but... given the content that he makes, just look for the shader and get out of there). Once downloaded just replace the actual shader of the cum with that and play around with the "SSS amount".

Most of the time depends by the lighting itself so.. you have to get the right one as well.

hansolocambo

Jun 21, 2020
brynhildr
" but by exporting the model at base resolution and not higher resolution "
Keeping the polycount identical is mandatory for morphing only.
Here the OP wants to create drool / saliva onto the Genesis skin. Genesis that will later be rendered WITH subdivision.
So it's better to sculpt any prop close to the skin with a 65K polys at least version of the Genesis (Subdivided once) rather than the Base 16.5K polygons with too angular curves to model anything properly.

So let me reiterate : export the Genesis with subdivisions made in DAZ in order to 3D model/sculpt your saliva as precisely as possible (with Zbrush, Blender, whatever) especially if it's drooling along the skin for example.

--------------------

brynhildr
" Most of the time depends by the lighting itself so.. "

Indeed ;) Without light everything would be pitch black.
My way of doing cumshots, saliva, drool, etc. :
- I render once the whole image as clean and definitive as possible. With 0 cum, drool, saliva, etc.
- Then I Spot Render regions with body fluids, and with a very whitish unrealistic shader.
- Then I eventually Spot Render those same regions with another shader, more translucid, more shiny, etc.
- Now I have in Photoshop the main render with no fluids. And I have two layers, one with thick sticky fluid, and one with thin translucid fluid.
- Then with an XP-Pen, Wacom, etc. I use Photoshop's Layer Masks to nicely let appear parts of each layer that I want visible. I can easily hide excess fluids as the main layer is the image without any.

BIG advantage of this method : Iray does not allow (only 3D rendering engine in the world...) to specify which objects have to be excluded from shadow casting. So even a very translucid drool will generate an ugly very dark shadow. With 2 or more layers in photoshop, and the main layer without drool, it becomes possible also to remove all shadows casted by the body fluids.

This way, for cumshots or drool, I'm able to get pretty good results. All shapes are sculpted in ZBrush. And all textures are Iray Shaders with a bit of Photoshop extra work at the end.

Last edited:

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
brynhildr
" but by exporting the model at base resolution and not higher resolution "
Keeping the polycount identical is mandatory for morphing only.
Here the OP wants to create drool / saliva onto the Genesis skin. Genesis that will later be rendered WITH subdivision.
So it's better to sculpt any prop close to the skin with a 65K polys at least version of the Genesis (Subdivided once) rather than the Base 16.5K polygons with too angular curves to model anything properly.

So let me reiterate : export the Genesis with subdivisions made in DAZ in order to 3D model/sculpt your saliva as precisely as possible (with Zbrush, Blender, whatever) especially if it's drooling along the skin for example.

--------------------

brynhildr
" Most of the time depends by the lighting itself so.. "

Indeed ;) Without light everything would be pitch black.
My way of doing cumshots, saliva, drool, etc. You can find my work on Pixiv. My nickname is : CGI-CutiePie. Or the uncensored versions on AlltheFallen forums.
Warning : what I do with DAZ is not for all audiences. Anyway, for the tech part :
- I render once the whole image as clean and definitive as possible. With 0 cum, drool, saliva, etc.
- Then I Spot Render regions with body fluids, and with a very whitish unrealistic shader.
- Then I eventually Spot Render those same regions with another shader, more translucid, more shiny, etc.
- Now I have in Photoshop the main render with no fluids. And I have two layers, one with thick sticky fluid, and one with thin translucid fluid.
- Then with an XP-Pen, Wacom, etc. I use Photoshop's Layer Masks to nicely let appear parts of each layer that I want visible. I can easily hide excess fluids as the main layer is the image without any.

BIG advantage of this method : Iray does not allow (only 3D rendering engine in the world...) to specify which objects have to be excluded from shadow casting. So even a very translucid drool will generate an ugly very dark shadow. With 2 or more layers in photoshop, and the main layer without drool, it becomes possible also to remove all shadows casted by the body fluids.

This way, for cumshots or drool, I'm able to get pretty good results. All shapes are sculpted in ZBrush. And all textures are Iray Shaders with a bit of Photoshop extra work at the end.
Personally I always export at base resolution to blender, because it takes less time for me to do it. And also for practicability (I think it's the right word?), since I've learned that from squarepeg when you actually want to make any morphs, being squish-based or anything else, even the metaball method for making cum for example. I don't remember specifically why, but I learned that is the best in base res.

For the latter, eh for me it's too much of a work. If this were a job for me, I would've probably done it but since it's an hobby most of the time and I don't really want to spend too much time inside daz just for making a single scene with cum and/or saliva, I just do everything inside.

Reactions: hansolocambo

NanoGames

Nov 24, 2020
In ZBrush at least there's a sort of middle ground, you can export G8F at base resolution and then go to the geometry panel and activate Dynamic SubDiv. This will behave pretty much like it does in DAZ, you are still working with the low res mesh but it will dynamically subdive it to look higher res.
This is completely non destructive but the downside is that you don't really get more resolution for sculpting.

I do agree with hansolocambo though, If you only want to create saliva or anything like that you don't have to worry about using the base mesh. I will go as far as to create a geoshell and using that subdivided to create the prop, this way if you have grafts applied to your character you will get one solid mesh without lashes and other unnecessary junk. I find this trick quite usefull when I want to do clothing morphs or cloth sims in ZBrush or Blender, specially if you already have your character with accesories and such.