[S>Artist 2D] Making simple cover images with AI.

donSilver

Enjoyer
Game Developer
Nov 30, 2018
Skills:
- Concept art, stylistic images, mood/vibe images, background images, cover images.

Preferred method of contact:
- DM or E-mail. Sorry, I'm a boomer.

Employment Type & Rates:
- Since AI art has a lot of drawbacks - like faces and hands are still iffy, I charge a flat rate of 20-30 dollars/euros per picture. I only accept crypto payments!

Availability:
- Per-piece jobs please. I'm doing this as of now, only as a side thing to see whether it can be done, and if there's interest.

Work Samples:
- See below in attachments

Additional comments:
- The jobs get done quick, but with the drawback that it can't do faces or hands that well, it needs a few generations to make them well. Getting a very specific pose or expression or tweaking the image is impossible. It's a lot of fiddling around so if you have a very specific thing in mind, AI art might not be the best fit. NB! Also, while some can make nude pictures, the tools I use can only do suggestive ones.

But why not try it first?

Some examples:
1 (1).png
1 (2).png

1 (3).png

1 (4).png

1 (11).png

1 (12).png

Last edited:

kinrean

May 12, 2018
i may be wrong , but i think you make a mistake you should have put 'S artist ' not "R artist"

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022
Skills:
- Concept art, stylistic images, mood/vibe images, background images, cover images.

Preferred method of contact:
- DM or E-mail. Sorry, I'm a boomer.

Employment Type & Rates:
- Since AI art has a lot of drawbacks - like faces and hands, I charge a flat rate of 20-30 dollars/euros per picture. I only accept crypto payments!

Availability:
- Per-piece jobs please. I'm doing this as of now, only as a side thing to see whether it can be done, and if there's interest.

Work Samples:
- See below in attachments

Additional comments:
- The jobs get done quick, but with the drawback that it can't do faces or hands that well. Getting a very specific pose or expression or tweaking the image is impossible. It's a lot of fiddling around so if you have a very specific thing in mind, AI art might not be the best fit. But why not try it first? Also the aspect ratio is fixed, so to make a portrait aspect ratio picture into widescreen, means it has to have black borders around it, or use some other trickery.
Sorry to point out but if that woman's art is something you worked on, I don't understand how you did any changes on it to make it look alright. I can see her eyes, teeth, neck and some other details are off and quite obvious to the eye.

donSilver

Enjoyer
Game Developer
Nov 30, 2018
Sorry to point out but if that woman's art is something you worked on, I don't understand how you did any changes on it to make it look alright. I can see her eyes, teeth, neck and some other details are off and quite obvious to the eye.
Yeah that's the problem with AI generation. They can't make faces, eyes, hands well. It needs retouching, or massive amounts of re-iterations to make it correct. That's why I brought this point up in my OP as well. So this method does not work for in-game assets, but more cover images or concept art or backgrounds etc.

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022
Yeah that's the problem with AI generation. They can't make faces, eyes, hands well. It needs retouching, or massive amounts of re-iterations to make it correct. That's why I brought this point up in my OP as well. So this method does not work for in-game assets, but more cover images or concept art or backgrounds etc.
but there are already models available as open source that produce good quality images. Maybe you could try those as the ones posted above compares poorly to the well trained models available online.

donSilver

Enjoyer
Game Developer
Nov 30, 2018
Sorry , nothing personal , but this is not true :D and mates here can be easy misled!
Yeah. I've been playing around with it this week, and it can do faces really really well. It just takes a bit of tweaking. Literally life-like creations. Scary stuff :/