[Makura cover soft] Dungeon and Bride (alpha, upcoming, DEMO RELEASED)

An0nM4n

Dec 29, 2019
If you seriously want to play games like this ITH/Textractor and translation aggregator aren't really going to be enough. If you want to step up your gaming you're going to also want to get a optical screen capture software that automatically copies the captured text to the clipboard at the same time as you use ITH, TA, or DeepL. This allows you to translate text somewhere on the screen that isn't being picked up by ITH, which is essential in many Makura Cover Soft games. I use ScreenOCR, It's a lot faster than using a phone because you can just select the area on your screen that you want to capture and it will automatically get translated in your TA or paste the text in DeepL. The DeepL - Auto VN Translation Extension lets you auto paste your clipboard into the DeepL translation page for even faster translating. If you do use that extension, keep in mind that you need to click the extension's button to turn it on in your browser before it will auto paste into your DeepL page. Although, for people that want a totally free experience, Screen OCR isn't the way to go because they have very limited free uses. Paying for the service however is definitely worth it if you ever find yourself getting frustrated because your text hookers aren't capturing things well enough and you don't know what you're doing in a game because you can't read any of it.

Long story short, machine translation is much further ahead now than just using ITH and TA, and if those are the only tools you're using, then playing this or pretty much any other Makura Cover Soft game is going to be very difficult and unsatisfactory because they often have pages that are difficult to capture with a text hooking software alone. If you aren't using some kind of OCR app, then definitely see about finding one because it's so useful. If you're still using basic ITH then you should upgrade to Textractor because it's being updated more often and has better features.
Is there a video or something for this? Knowing me, I would probably fuck up the process and screw up something in my laptop. Also, I’m very ignorant about computers and as much as I appreciate it, I was lost in your explanation.

Reactions: KilleronFun

Zabon

Feb 22, 2018
Is there a video or something for this? Knowing me, I would probably fuck up the process and screw up something in my laptop. Also, I’m very ignorant about computers and as much as I appreciate it, I was lost in your explanation.
Unfortunately no there isn't a video explanation that I know of for all of the programs and how they work, but there is a video explanation on how to do the more complicated part, which I'll post when we get to it. This is all stuff that I've figured out myself after years of playing Japanese games of all kinds. I'll try to simplify it, everything that I'm going to describe is pretty easy to find. First, if you're still using the old ITH there's a new version out made by Artikash called Textractor which does the same thing but better and has more features. Second, there's a fantastic translation website and app called DeepL, there is a free version that works just fine, I don't think you ever need to pay for it, but I do because I like the extra stuff that comes with it. Third, there's programs called OCR that allow you to capture text on screen within a box when you press a hotkey, the program I use is called Easyscreen OCR, but there are others out there (from what I've tried, Easyscreen OCR is by far the best one out there for capturing Japanese text). Easyscreen has a free version, but it has limited free captures before you have to wait awhile before you can use it again, it's cheap though so I'd recommend buying a license for it. If you're already aware of what Translation Aggregator is, and you have one that works, then you don't need to do anything extra with it, that's still the best aggregator out there, I just recommend also using DeepL because it's significantly better at translation than any other machine translator out there because it's using AI deep learning.

So, that's all of the software you'll need, textractor, easycreen OCR, DeepL, and Translation Aggregator. Next, you'll need to get an extension on your browser called DeepL - Auto VN Translation Extension. One thing to remember with that extension is that you need to remember to turn it on or it won't paste the text into DeepL. For this part there is a video that I managed to find that shows you what to do, unfortunately the person who made it isn't talking, they're just gesturing with their mouse, but I think it gets the point across. If it doesn't I can help out with text and see if I can explain the step by step process to get it all working together.

One thing the video doesn't show you is the OCR, the way it works with DeepL is that when the VN translation extension is turned on it will automatically pull from your clipboard when you capture some JP text with it, so it will automatically paste captured text into DeepL for it to translate it just like anything it copies from Textractor. It might seem complicated, but once you've figured out how to do it once, you'll see that it's not really hard to set up and the benefits are significant compared to all of the old ways of doing it, especially if you're playing a game where your text hooking software isn't properly picking up the text. (Which is another cool feature that textractor has, the ability to search for hooks using Japanese characters, so with the ocr you can capture the JP text then search for it using textractor and it can find hooks that it couldn't when it attached sometimes). You'll just have to play around with the programs some and I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Last edited:

Zabon

Feb 22, 2018
Game keeps crashing. Does anyone know what the problem is?
Make sure you have the 2.03 version, and if you already have it then there's nothing you can do. It's still a really buggy demo and I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for another patch to fix bugs in it. I've found several soft locks myself already and have decided to just wait a bit more and pray that the full release isn't too far off.

Reactions: BobCobeb

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
Version 2.04
Fixed an error that occurred when the image was displayed in the event of being captured by a monster.
The members of the Wild Bull have been made stronger since they had become too weak.
Removed Milady's fire block ability.
Fixed an issue where the innkeeper event information was not being registered correctly for newly created characters.
Fixed a problem with the innkeeper event for newly created characters.
Fixed a problem with the mosaic on some CGs.
Fixed a few other minor bugs.
There is a possibility that the previous version of the game had problems with the patch creation itself, and the problems were not fixed.

Download the patch from main page and paste into your game dir.
Game still crashes on some inn events tho

Reactions: Lith

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
Fixed an error that occurred when an event occurred when the created heroine and man stayed together.
Fixed an error that occurred during dungeon movement.
Fixed a problem with the paralysis cure.
Fixed a problem with the jump scroll.
Fixed a rare error that occurred when starting the game.
Fixed a problem with the jump scroll.
Added fighting skills. Added a fighting skill to make bare-handed attacks stronger.
Fixed the problem of getting stuck in the hole on the 4th floor.

An0nM4n

Dec 29, 2019
Go to the bar and accept all of the quests, leave the bar and there will be a new dungeon in the top right on the first town's screen to go to.
That dungeon gives me the same message as the one on the left.
Edit: I needed to put all of the girls in my party

• Haha
Reactions: BootlegBill

dragonray250

Aug 16, 2017
Recently heard about this game and love the previous games from Makura. How much content is in the game so far? and how close is it to being finished?

KmonX

Nov 17, 2018
Recently heard about this game and love the previous games from Makura. How much content is in the game so far? and how close is it to being finished?
ive played for a bit. tried getting heroines captured by wild bull (No CG only standings and dialogues) tried to lose to bandits who captured the two sisters(not sure if they are sisters) game crashes if you lose to them or freezes. Had this since the very first version never fixed. saw the CG for the big guy having sex with the girl with horns in the middle. thats pretty much all ive seen. 2 CGs. Have no idea how to go underground (Devs say underground has mobs that capture heroines.) or do the tower.

Torky

Nov 17, 2018
v2.06 is out
Updates translated :
Every time Wild Bull is defeated, he gets stronger.
In the valley cave B2, the 2 tile lava has been made to 1 tile (because it was too difficult)
Inside the Forest, two warp points have been setup. Will be available once you have reached the Mori Village
Fixed an error that sometimes occurs in the H event between Max and Rim.
Fixed an issue where the store's items were not replennishing once / week
Fixed an issue where the sexual records were not being properly recorded while captured by Wild Bull
Fixed an issue where Wizard Eye cannot be learned
Fixed an incorrect message on the B1 floor of the cave.
Fixed an error that could occur if you fell asleep during battle due to lack of sleep.
Fixed some other minor bugs

An0nM4n

Dec 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to cross the water in Canyon Cave? I tried using levitate but unless I'm missing something, that didn't work for me.
Edit: Also, I have no idea how to complete any of the quests. All I have been working on is making my characters stronger.
Edit 4: Realized the problems now that I can translate it lmao.

Last edited:

KmonX

Nov 17, 2018
guys know where other dungeons/caves are? found one in the path going to the other village and one in the mountains in the starting area, and a tower near the second village. Can't access the underground of the cave in the mountains saying it is still too difficult for the party. anywhere else?

rawry776

Jun 2, 2020
Edit: Also, I have no idea how to complete any of the quests. All I have been working on is making my characters stronger.
Edit 4: Realized the problems now that I can translate it lmao.
One of the quests has you slay a large slime in the tower dungeon on the 4th floor. You have to use bombs to get to the 4th floor. There is a weak wall next to a door that exposes that floor on the 3rd. After you kill the slime you head back to the tavern and collect.

I completed some other quest that I wasn't paying attention to as well. Then I found a place in one of the dungeons where I fell down and the tentacle demons spawned and kept calling more allies. I was stuck in a battle loop forever cause the whip girl is still op. Had to reset the game lol.

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
Wizard Spells:
Level 1: Fire Damage to 1 enemy / Sleep a row of enemies / Slow a row of enemies
Level 2: Lightning Damage to 1 enemy / Cold to 1 enemy / Fear a row
Level 3: Fire damage to a row / Mind Read (haven't found out where to use it yet)* / See an enemy's stat page
Level 4: Big Lightning damage to 1 enemy / Slight damage and freeze a row / Persistent Levitate
Level 5: Big Fire damage to a row / Persistent Map / Mass Dispel (your own spells too)

Priest Spells:
Level 1: Heal an ally / Bless the party / Damage 1 enemy
Level 2: Detect the type of chest trap* / Silence a row of enemies / Cure fear, charm, & confuse
Level 3: Shield an ally / Persistent Torch / Heal paralysis
Level 4: Big heal an ally / Cure poison / Persistent party-wide shield
Level 5: Super heal an ally / Buff party defense / Bigger damage to 1 enemy (maybe more to undead)

Alchemist Spells:
Level 1: Heal an ally / Awaken party from sleep / Physical damage to 1 enemy
Level 2: Acid attack to 1 enemy with a chance to weaken / Make escaping combat easier / Big physical damage to 1 enemy
Level 3: Lightning damage to a row / Speed up to all allies / Resistance up to all allies
Level 4: Big Heal an ally / Regenerate on an ally / Party-wide shield
Level 5: Repair equipment* / Cure poison and paralysis (and maybe others) / Reflect on 1 ally

Summon Spells:
Level 1: Summon Slime
Levels 2-5: Randomly after some battles you will have the opportunity to form a summoning pact with a monster. Mostly bats in the demo.

*These spells are cast from menus other than the spell casting menu.
Making quote just to tell you guys this is useful post.
And... look at THIS!!!

Look at data/map folder:
dtower1f:
1629904566454.png
I'll try to edit lava on 2nd "hell" , thumbs up guys!!!

I can confirm, I edited the map with Notepad++

Such room for modding, guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fixed a bug that prevented summoners from making monster contracts.
Fixed a problem where the event between Max and the elf woman would not proceed.
Fixed the problem of no response when staying at the inn.
Fixed a problem where Milady was not allowed to room with women.
Fixed a problem where sex was not being recorded in some events.
Fixed a problem where the minimum equipment provided when staying naked was not being provided.
Fixed a problem where the symbol that appeared when going to bed would sometimes remain a heart.
Shortened the period of time before a newly created heroine can share a room with another man.
(To make it easier to see the erotic events. (To make it easier to see the erotic events, it will be a little longer in the full version.

2.07 repack underway...

DhuumB

May 9, 2020
I completed all the quests in both towns but still can't go down in the first dungeon... since there is no additional map data, I assume, that there is nothing... Or did anyone manage to go there?

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
I completed all the quests in both towns but still can't go down in the first dungeon... since there is no additional map data, I assume, that there is nothing... Or did anyone manage to go there?
I checked the maps, AFAIK there is nothing there. This area is not ready yet IMHO.

VermillioN

May 4, 2017
Is there a UI translation for the new version? i'm using textractor and those town options are really confusing