Viressa

May 24, 2018
So I am guessing with the obvious version number 0.9.7 that MATH is coming to its conclusion? I went on Faerin Patron and saw polling for a new game, but no announcement on when a demo will be released. It a really good accomplishment to start a game and in 2-3 years its just about completed :D I cant even count the number of games I've played and they end up being abandoned, a few re-worked when they should've been completed years ago.
IIRC he said it would roll over to version 0.10.0. It'll be wrapping up soon but not "three versions left" soon.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
So I am guessing with the obvious version number 0.9.7 that MATH is coming to its conclusion? I went on Faerin Patron and saw polling for a new game, but no announcement on when a demo will be released. It a really good accomplishment to start a game and in 2-3 years its just about completed :D I cant even count the number of games I've played and they end up being abandoned, a few re-worked when they should've been completed years ago.
Shit, we're hitting the end of MATH?

Guess I'd better find a new job...

:cool:

lancecomwar

Oct 5, 2017
So the poll finished, and the results are in. I guess the theme of the next game is determined now.
View attachment 331216
I think we knew that pretty much since the poll opened :p

Shame, I thought Galaxy Explorer sounded super interesting, but I'm not bringing in the big bucks, so...

Curious if the poll would have been any different with the caveat that all three options would have "room mates", and how many only selected Hotel Manager because it seemed like the only one that would have that. Probably not enough to tip the scales, but still.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I think we knew that pretty much since the poll opened :p

Shame, I thought Galaxy Explorer sounded super interesting, but I'm not bringing in the big bucks, so...

Curious if the poll would have been any different with the caveat that all three options would have "room mates", and how many only selected Hotel Manager because it seemed like the only one that would have that. Probably not enough to tip the scales, but still.
Yeah, I'm sure. Idk why so many people are fascinated with the "room mate" route. I mean, I like it for sure, but I don't find it any more appealing than, say, the Ensign who has to follow all of your "orders" to the letter, or the Commander who thinks she's in charge but has already submitted to you but just doesn't realize it yet. ;) But, to each their own.

It could just be me, but it seems like there are a lot of these types of games these days: Summer Job, Private Community, Deeper, etc. Obviously, Faerin will have his own spin on things I assume, but still. :unsure:

Last edited:

Jack73

Nov 16, 2016
So the poll finished, and the results are in. I guess the theme of the next game is determined now.
View attachment 331216
so the next game will be Hotel Manager!
interesting, really interesting to me.
Now, the graphic of Faerin is not discussed ....
So, if he succeeds in making an excellent managerial part combined with the hot situations ... and he will release the walkthrough .... I could .... indeed no, surely I would become his active supporter on his patreon.

Reactions: Faerin

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
why is there not a good game in that list
i wold have chosen
man of the house
dmd
babysitter
shut up and dance
the tyrant
summertime saga
big city pleasures
not all my whole list but any of them would have been a better choice
That was not a poll for everyones favourite games that was a poll for the next game people would like the dev to make after the end of MOTH

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I'm surprised at that actually didn't think the hotel one would be so far ahead as there is already a few of those on here.
Yeah, pretty common plot, but it was the only one that mentioned incest in the description, and people have little imagination.

Reactions: Mormont
4.20 star(s) 251 Votes