ZeWolfie42

Oct 22, 2017
I take you don't use Citrix then? The only other idea that comes to mind is checking that Windows is current on its updates.

You could try this method.

Disable Full Screen Optimization:
  1. Right click on “Man of the house.exe” and select properties.
  2. Click on compatibility.
  3. Disable full screen optimization.
  4. Click apply and “OK”.
Aside from those two suggestions, I'm completely out of ideas at the moment.
Unfortunately I don't use Citrix, my windows is as up to date as it wants to be, I don't usually force updates, I'll try the full screen optimization although I don't launch the game in full screen mode. Thanks for all your help!

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Unfortunately I don't use Citrix, my windows is as up to date as it wants to be, I don't usually force updates, I'll try the full screen optimization although I don't launch the game in full screen mode. Thanks for all your help!
You're welcome and I apologize for the trouble you're having. I've ran through my entire troubleshooting check list and so far, nothing has seemed to work yet on your end.

Reactions: TheDevian

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Just to clarify: as soon as you start the game and reach to the main menu you don't see the animation but instead an orange AVPro image?
Can you pls take a screenshot of it and post it here.. Thanks!

ZeWolfie42

Oct 22, 2017
Just to clarify: as soon as you start the game and reach to the main menu you don't see the animation but instead an orange AVPro image?
Can you pls take a screenshot of it and post it here.. Thanks!
Precisely, attached are pictures of my launch settings and main menu screen:

346789 346790

MonkeyLord

Apr 29, 2017
Can change the love,Arousal and submission ??? i hope i can
Only through character progression. You can, however, change MC's stats (strength, charisma and intellect).
Actually, they can still be changed via editting save files, though doing so requires reading the walkthrough and knowing what number they should be to trigger the right events instead of blocking them.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Actually, they can still be changed via editting save files, though doing so requires reading the walkthrough and knowing what number they should be to trigger the right events instead of blocking them.
Even what you say is true, it takes more effort/time by reading through the walkthrough and messing with the save file incl. flag console instead of useing (following) the hint system only....

I clearly don't understand people like you... Are you guys unable to read and understand the hints giving in the game or why do you have to rely on the walkthrough and manipulating your save files?

As far as I know Faerin he is interested in all sorts of information what could make MotH better.. So if you have some feedback, then pls share it with us.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Hey, I know I'm late to the game on this, but I've run into the same problem and deleting the ".wine" folder didn't help. I've tried numerous Wine programs (PlayOnMac, WineBottler, Wineskin, etc.) but admittedly I'm not too computer savvy so it's very possible I'm doing something wrong. Can anyone offer an assist?
Wine Staging is the only thing I ever got to work completely with MotH. The download has an Installation Guide with step-by-step instructions on how to set up Wine to run MotH on a Mac. Start with that.

I think the problem is that you didn't install quartz via Winetricks. However, the last time I tried to help a Mac user he wasn't able to install quartz. Maybe it is different for you

All of them are shit. Stick to wine-stable and Winetricks only.

If you want my help, then contact me on MotH's discord server. I'm one of the Tester members.
I can't comment on PlayOnMac, but WineBottler and Wineskin used to be nice. The problem with them is they haven't been updated in a few years. So now they suck.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Wine Staging is the only thing I ever got to work completely with MotH. The download has an Installation Guide with step-by-step instructions on how to set up Wine to run MotH on a Mac. Start with that.
The latest version of wine-staging is kind of "retarded". Not sure if it the same on Mac, but on Linux I had to switch to dxvk to get MotH and Timestamps running. Otherwise the screen would stay black.

Further, I'm not sure if there is still a problem with Winetricks and installing quartz on Mac, because I already got a few Mac user who aren't able to install it....

MonkeyLord

Apr 29, 2017
Even what you say is true, it takes more effort/time by reading through the walkthrough and messing with the save file incl. flag console instead of useing (following) the hint system only....

I clearly don't understand people like you... Are you guys unable to read and understand the hints giving in the game or why do you have to rely on the walkthrough and manipulating your save files?

As far as I know Faerin he is interested in all sorts of information what could make MotH better.. So if you have some feedback, then pls share it with us.
First of, calling names was uncalled for. "People like me"? And how would you know how I am, just by reading one comment?

On to the matter at hands, it really depends on perspective and how computer-savvy you are to say which is faster/easier to be honest. I can understand the hints, and I can get it done the "right" way, without the walkthrough and editing save. BUT, when it takes repeating an action 5+ times to get what I want, I'd just do a quick edit to skip those steps.

Not to mention, the other guy was just asking if it was possible to edit girls' stats, which it was, so I told him such. But doing so could potentially break the game and block off events, so I gave him a warning that it needed to be done with care and knowledge of the correct values.

Meanwhile, you had to jump in with the holier-than-thou attitude and lecture me and "people like me" about how to play a game. So well done, want a cookie?

ZeWolfie42

Oct 22, 2017
Are you using some sort of security applications etc..? Because I think AVPro can't access the dlls on your system.
I use Kaspersky Free but it throws a notification whenever it blocks something and it doesn't say it is blocking anything when running the game.

4.20 star(s) 252 Votes