goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
The latest version of wine-staging is kind of "retarded". Not sure if it the same on Mac, but on Linux I had to switch to dxvk to get MotH and Timestamps running. Otherwise the screen would stay black.

Further, I'm not sure if there is still a problem with Winetricks and installing quartz on Mac, because I already got a few Mac user who aren't able to install it....
Probably best to install Quartz from the official location:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Probably best to install Quartz from the official location:
It doesn't do anything.. Everyone installed it, but they still get the Direct X11 Resolution Error.

In Winetricks there is the option to change settings for Quartz for Mac, but so far no one tried it yet.

wineQuartz.png

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
When you installed K-Lite codecs, as recommended by Sycho, did you select a different Codec filter from the default option?
ZeWolfie42 One other thing that Faerin brought up is, when you extracted the files from the archive, did you overwrite the original files from an earlier version or did you extract them to their own folder? If you overwrote the older files from an earlier version, then that might cause the issue that you're seeing.

Extract the files to their own folder without making any overwrites to anything, transfer your saves and mapping file (if you use the patched mapping file that is) and try playing the game.

Also, try temporarily disabling your AV software and see what happens.

Reactions: TheDevian

Azuke

Jul 6, 2019
can anyone tell me what i do when veronica's submission is 20 ? most walktrough says go to lingerie store and buy a maid outfit but the outfit isnt there ? 347215

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
can anyone tell me what i do when veronica's submission is 20 ? most walktrough says go to lingerie store and buy a maid outfit but the outfit isnt there ? View attachment 347215
Ignore the Walktroughs, use the hint system in-game. If the hint says you should buy the maid outfit - it should be there.
Also: Have you cheated with anything except the needs system? If you have - you shouldn't have, you probably broke the game.

Azuke

Jul 6, 2019
Ignore the Walktroughs, use the hint system in-game. If the hint says you should buy the maid outfit - it should be there.
Also: Have you cheated with anything except the needs system? If you have - you shouldn't have, you probably broke the game.
your right thanks :)

ZeWolfie42

Oct 22, 2017
When you installed K-Lite codecs, as recommended by Sycho, did you select a different Codec filter from the default option?
I installed the default configuration, the only thing I changed was install location, my C drive is very small and basically only has my OS on it and I install everything to my secondary internal drive (D:/). This situation has proved to cause problems in the past and was what I initially thought was the problem but never looked into it.

ZeWolfie42 One other thing that Faerin brought up is, when you extracted the files from the archive, did you overwrite the original files from an earlier version or did you extract them to their own folder? If you overwrote the older files from an earlier version, then that might cause the issue that you're seeing.

Extract the files to their own folder without making any overwrites to anything, transfer your saves and mapping file (if you use the patched mapping file that is) and try playing the game.

Also, try temporarily disabling your AV software and see what happens.
I had extracted the files to their own folder, I used 7Zip to "Extract here" which creates its own directory with the same name as the zip.

Disabling my antivirus did not fix the issue.

Again thank you both for your help.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Even what you say is true, it takes more effort/time by reading through the walkthrough and messing with the save file incl. flag console instead of useing (following) the hint system only....

I clearly don't understand people like you... Are you guys unable to read and understand the hints giving in the game or why do you have to rely on the walkthrough and manipulating your save files?

As far as I know Faerin he is interested in all sorts of information what could make MotH better.. So if you have some feedback, then pls share it with us.
Bu- bu- but, actually playing the game is too haaaaaaard. I want it all, and I want it now! :p
Not to mention, the other guy was just asking if it was possible to edit girls' stats, which it was, so I told him such. But doing so could potentially break the game and block off events, so I gave him a warning that it needed to be done with care and knowledge of the correct values.
Right, it can be done, but it breaks the game, so it shouldn't be done. Therefor, telling him how to break his game, not that helpful. He will then be back, wondering why more stuff won't work. This is why the ability to do so was removed in the first place. Too many people want to skip the game.

MonkeyLord

Apr 29, 2017
Bu- bu- but, actually playing the game is too haaaaaaard. I want it all, and I want it now! :p

Right, it can be done, but it breaks the game, so it shouldn't be done. Therefor, telling him how to break his game, not that helpful. He will then be back, wondering why more stuff won't work. This is why the ability to do so was removed in the first place. Too many people want to skip the game.
It doesn't break the game if done right, though. The broken part for me occurred because of flag console, not save editing. And I only touched flag console because the event was bugged in the first place and I didn't feel like replaying 20 days worth of events just to get one extra scene.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
It doesn't break the game if done right, though. The broken part for me occurred because of flag console, not save editing. And I only touched flag console because the event was bugged in the first place and I didn't feel like replaying 20 days worth of events just to get one extra scene.
Yeah, if done right, and if you are lucky, but most people around here don't know what 'right' is, they just want to skip the parts they don't like. But since there are only like 2 grindy things left in the game other than maybe work, I just don't see the point.

MonkeyLord

Apr 29, 2017
Yeah, if done right, and if you are lucky, but most people around here don't know what 'right' is, they just want to skip the parts they don't like. But since there are only like 2 grindy things left in the game other than maybe work, I just don't see the point.
Which is why I don't usually bother with it, either, tbh. Only edit save when I want to skip stuff that needs repeating/grindy stuff, which girls' stats happen to be. And while, yes, if they are edited to max value, they could break the game. Consulting the walkthrough helps point people to the correct values needed to safely skip the grindy part and not breaking their save.

Like I said, what broke the game for me wasn't save editing, it was using flag console to skip around a bug. And besides having to occasionally use flag console again to get certain events to trigger, my game still work relatively the same, most events still trigger when they should.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Which is why I don't usually bother with it, either, tbh. Only edit save when I want to skip stuff that needs repeating/grindy stuff, which girls' stats happen to be. And while, yes, if they are edited to max value, they could break the game. Consulting the walkthrough helps point people to the correct values needed to safely skip the grindy part and not breaking their save.

Like I said, what broke the game for me wasn't save editing, it was using flag console to skip around a bug. And besides having to occasionally use flag console again to get certain events to trigger, my game still work relatively the same, most events still trigger when they should.
Other than the steam room with Sophie, and I think one other thing, both of which are only like 5 point/repeats, everything else now is tied to an event, no grinding involved.

4.20 star(s) 251 Votes