linhvn279

Jun 16, 2019
Are you following a walkthruogh, or the in game hints? What does her hint tell you to do?
I did not see any suggestions, achievements were made one by one but there were no messages coming. That task requires 10pm to go to a good night room but after doing the task, there are no messages. I don't know how to do it?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I did not see any suggestions, achievements were made one by one but there were no messages coming. That task requires 10pm to go to a good night room but after doing the task, there are no messages. I don't know how to do it?
If I remember correctly, it might require you leaving your room (walking into the hallway), in the afternoon, but I am probably wrong...
worst case, you can upload the save, and one of us will take a look at it and see.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
If I remember correctly, it might require you leaving your room (walking into the hallway), in the afternoon, but I am probably wrong...
worst case, you can upload the save, and one of us will take a look at it and see.
That's the "bump into Ashley" hint where you have to leave his bedroom at 15:00 you're thinking of. I think this is one is where you need either image 7 or 8 for her, but I can't remember how to get those without looking at the save.

Reactions: TheDevian

linhvn279

Jun 16, 2019
This is my saved file, can you see what it is doing? Thank you very much!

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Why would competent C# coder, with large experience in making of Unity games, switch to RenPy?
As a professional c++ developer, I would have done MotH in Ren'Py. There is nothing in MotH that requires the power of Unity. Ren'Py is simply better (IMO, of course) at VNs than Unity. This game is a sandbox VN. Look at the support burden - lots of people have issues with the resolution, or videos. And Ren'Py gives you a free Mac version, and much easier to make Android version.

Reactions: johnelros

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
This is my saved file, can you see what it is doing? Thank you very much!
Her hints are showing "If I watch a horror movie with her, she'll probably get too scared to sleep alone". So watch a horror movie with her at 19:00 then go to sleep with your boxers on and the door closed. Set the alarm clock for 08:00. The next morning her hint will change to "Let's go tell her good night, before she goes to sleep". Go to Ashley's room at 22:00.

Also, go into the cheats console, click "Max" under the moods then toggle the lock.

linhvn279

Jun 16, 2019
Her hints are showing "If I watch a horror movie with her, she'll probably get too scared to sleep alone". So watch a horror movie with her at 19:00 then go to sleep with your boxers on and the door closed. Set the alarm clock for 08:00. The next morning her hint will change to "Let's go tell her good night, before she goes to sleep". Go to Ashley's room at 22:00.

Also, go into the cheats console, click "Max" under the moods then toggle the lock.
It means that after watching a horror movie with her, I go to sleep but I can't leave the door open but I have to close it right? Then the next day, at 10pm, do you have a good night?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
[QUOTE = "Sycho, bài đăng: 2175592, thành viên: 605587"]
Gợi ý của cô ấy là "Nếu tôi xem một bộ phim kinh dị với cô ấy, có lẽ cô ấy sẽ quá sợ hãi khi ngủ một mình". Vì vậy, hãy xem một bộ phim kinh dị với cô ấy lúc 19:00 sau đó đi ngủ với võ sĩ của bạn và cánh cửa đóng lại. Đặt đồng hồ báo thức cho 08:00. Sáng hôm sau, gợi ý của cô ấy sẽ thay đổi thành "Chúng ta hãy nói với cô ấy lời chúc ngủ ngon, trước khi cô ấy đi ngủ". Tới phòng của Ashley lúc 22:00.

Ngoài ra, đi vào bảng điều khiển cheat, nhấp vào "Max" trong tâm trạng sau đó bật khóa.
[/TRÍCH DẪN]
Điều đó có nghĩa là sau khi xem một bộ phim kinh dị với cô ấy, tôi đi ngủ nhưng tôi không thể mở cửa nhưng tôi phải đóng nó lại phải không? Rồi ngày hôm sau, lúc 10 giờ tối, bạn có ngủ ngon không?
In English please..

Yes, watch the horror movie then sleep in your boxers and leave the door closed.

Sleep with the door closed = Ashley comes in
Sleep with the door opened = Claire comes in

Then go into her room at 10pm the next night.
shot01.jpg shot02.jpg shot03.jpg

Last edited:

linhvn279

Jun 16, 2019
In English please..

Yes, watch the horror movie then sleep in your boxers and leave the door closed.

Sleep with the door closed = Ashley comes in
Sleep with the door opened = Claire comes in

Then go into her room at 10pm the next night.
View attachment 352603 View attachment 352604 View attachment 352605
Thank you very much, I have done it. Let me ask another question, to the mother: from 8pm to 9pm in her room to check the laptop while she goes to take a shower. But I could not enter because the door of the room was always locked and closed, the instructions said that it was sometimes closed. So I have to do it every day until the door is opened, right?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Thank you very much, I have done it. Let me ask another question, to the mother: from 8pm to 9pm in her room to check the laptop while she goes to take a shower. But I could not enter because the door of the room was always locked and closed, the instructions said that it was sometimes closed. So I have to do it every day until the door is opened, right?
No, it sounds like there is something missing that's not taken place for her door to be unlocked. It could be a bug, but let me check your save. I still have it on my hard drive.

EDIT:

Alright, her hint says, "Next time she comes into my room, while I'm sleeping naked, I'll give her a little show". So send MC to bed around midnight and set the alarm clock for 8am. Sleep naked with the door opened.

Remember:

Leave the door closed when you go to sleep for Ashley, leave the door opened for Claire. :)
Claire hint.jpg

MotH_like25

Aug 18, 2018
Hi. I just downloaded, newer and long-awaited version, but nevertheless Polish translations are missing. So, however, I will assure you that after each update (which is now very much waiting for a long time) I will wait for the translation in my language. So maybe a request from me, if anyone could, would anyone have a file or a document from a game that can be translated from English into Polish, or rather it is done, so that you need to configure the entire game, and the file is included or hidden in the game itself, if not in what files we receive. If it would be that I could translate from English and then write a document and play it in my own language it would be fun. And if not then it is only just waiting for me should be enough until the last threads from Debby at the station are corrected, and Claire when getting massage therapy from her as the last thread before thinking about the future.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
And Ren'Py gives you a free Mac version, and much easier to make Android version.
Pretty selfish from you saying that, considering that you get the game for free from a pirate site. :whistle:

Well, a game made in Ren'Py is a bad investment from a "classic" business point of view because Ren'Py gives you a free Mac, Linux version, and is much easier to port to Android.

Take into consideration, that many pirate and/or foreign websites sell unofficial/official Android version for their own profit without giving the original creator anything in return.

But who am I lecturing someone else about copyright on a pirated website.. I'm not better or worse as anyone else here.. :D

lots of people have issues with the resolution, or videos.
This is not a dev's fault, if players can't maintain their system properly or use hardware which is incompatible to each other.

On the official MotH Discord channel you can see that patrons have less problems with the game as people in this thread. The same goes for people who ask for help (walkthrough etc.). The majority of people who request help are non-patrons. ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
As a professional c++ developer, I would have done MotH in Ren'Py.
Well, that's possible is developer (in this case you) has decent command of Python... I have never asked Faerin about his skills in Python, but I know he is very good with C#.

There is nothing in MotH that requires the power of Unity. Ren'Py is simply better (IMO, of course) at VNs than Unity. This game is a sandbox VN. Look at the support burden - lots of people have issues with the resolution, or videos.
RenPy is made fro VNs, as it's name says. But still, this is works fine. Most problems with resolution etc are due to game being optimized for 16:9. As for us Linux and Mac users... well... we are running Windows game on Linux, through compatibillity layers, it's always tricky.

And Ren'Py gives you a free Mac version, and much easier to make Android version.
I guess you mean native. Portability is not issue with Unity. He didn't have time to maintain 4 versions. As for Unity and Android, 90% of games on Android are made with Unity... issue here is, that game is optimized for computer screens. Only portability advantage of RenPy is video support (this concerns Linux users most, as built in Unity player plays only webm and ogg on Linux. This was due licence issues). Anyway, I think Mac versions can appear in some time... sooner than you expect.

PS, about RenPy and Anroid... well, judging from most comments there is tonn of bugs around. There is also problem, depending on architecture, there should be actually two Android versions... and again, game would still be optimized for large screens. Not to mention privacy issues with playing adult game on Google built and tracked OS.

My bottom line would be:
1) RenPy needs decent knowledge of Python. You can see lot of issues with games here...
2) Renpy is indeed better for Visual Novels, but this isn't pure Visual Novel. Faerin will probably explain more about his engine, when talking about new game.
3) Unity actually has decent portability. RenPy, as open-source has better portability, but still there is lot of issues with Android... I would guess similar would go for IOs, due to same limitations of small screens.
4) Most of issues people have here would exist in RenPy. Some would be avoided, but porting this game to RenPy, would be a lot of tedious work... and game already runs fine on Windows, and even on Linux, Mac (I have strong hunch this would work on OpenBSD, FreeBSD etc..)

Last edited:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Pretty selfish from you saying that, considering that you get the game for free from a pirate site. :whistle:
Free, as in no work, not free as in no money. It's literally "click a check box on the screen you're on anyway". And oh yeah, free Linux version bundled with the Windows version. Unless the dev is an idiot and unchecks the default "Win + Lin" and checks "Win".

This is not a dev's fault, if players can't maintain their system properly or use hardware which is incompatible to each other.

On the official MotH Discord channel you can see that patrons have less problems with the game as people in this thread. The same goes for people who ask for help (walkthrough etc.). The majority of people who request help are non-patrons. ;)
You can't expect the unwashed masses :p to understand any of that. Remember, these are the same people who post the same issues over and over - they can't even figure out how to use the search, to see the question answered 100 times before in this thread. Or find the tech support thread without being pointed to it, even though it's linked in the OP. Never mind reading the install guide that's in the download. "No tech support needed" is better.

I believe this game would have been easier to do in Ren'Py, with some significant benefits. Am I advocating Faerin switch MotH to Ren'Py? Not at all - there would be significant issues and time needed to do this; the game is simply too far along.

Jul 22, 2019
Ok, I just loaded your main save (not the auto) and noticed that Veronica's stats are at 80/80/90.

So if you're trying to get the second set of pics with Veronica and Ashley together in the bathroom again, it's too soon for that. You'll need to progress a little further with Veronica first. I think you need to have her at 100/100/100 to get that option when you talk to her in her room.
Looks like I had to date her first. Since that option appeared after that. Thanks bud :)

Reactions: Sycho
4.20 star(s) 252 Votes