asdasdghf

Jun 13, 2017
  • Added a new ending for Emma (with 4 new animations).
  • Added a new ending for Pam (with 4 new animations).
I couldn't find any of new contents.Can someone help?

Reactions: Rufluszs

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Faerin great update! Just a couple of questions about your plans of future...
I mean... You got nothing of your new game?? Nada?? Zero? Neither a tittle?? I though you had something in mind. Maybe a previous plot, title, basic new character designs... I'm not rushing you, like everybody else I want you to take your time to release your new work. Making my own estimated deadline, maybe later this year (November or December).

As always my best wishes!!
Actually, I already shared quite a lot of info on the new game.
If you are interested, you can read back and find a post by me linking to the game concept on Patreon (public).

Most of the script is done, the functional specs are 90% done and I will be using the same (base)engine I made for MotH.
My aim is to have a at least a playable version/demo within 1-2 months after development starts, but we'll see how things go.

PixelRepublic

I ■ Pixels
Donor
Jun 4, 2017
Faerin. I decided today that I'd replay the game, as things are drawing to an end (could have waited for the actual end, but I had some time today), I just wanted to experience the story of each character in one go.

While I really love the concept of allowing the user to "think" of an ending, thus picking their ending. It felt hollow in two key ways.

1 - Thought: It wasn't a "set in stone" end, it was thought, so when you decided "No way, I'm not done yet". It kind of felt like, all of that "ending" story, somehow didn't exist or was somehow meaningless. I know that giving a distinct path that would lead to a distinct end would be complex. But that's why some of us do multiple playthroughs along the different paths. I never even saw what the suspicion stat was even there for.

2 - Less isn't more: I decided this playthrough, to play one character at a time. With no deviations. That process and fluidity were lost in the ending. I played Veronica first. With all of that effort that I felt that I had put into the relationship, I almost felt cheated. The ending was abridged, somewhat heartless, and cheapened. Sure, we "move out" with X girl and continue sex. But that's it, with each and every one of them.

I didn't feel content or fulfilled by any of the endings with any of the women. I didn't get a sense of accomplishment. And with all the effort I put in, I should have.

I say this out of love, and with the understanding that it's far too late to be effective for this IP. But I thought it should be said.

I'm a die-hard Ren'py game player. This is the only Unity game I play, and one of a very select few free-roam games I play (I fucking hate 99% of them), so that's saying something.

As I've said in a previous post, it is no small achievement in you bringing this game to completion. So congrats, not only in completing it but for creating something amazing and special.

This is just one person's opinion.

Best of luck with the new game.

Last edited:

yozara

Feb 2, 2018
my save from 1.0.0 doesn't work on 1.0.1 ... i like the game very much but playing it all over again for the third time for 2 new endings seem a little exagerated ...
does someone have a save that give me access to all endings and can explain me how to put saves ?

nevermind, i found out how to import saves from precedent version, i'm just used to automatically have them when i instal a new version of the game. if i had tryed before, i wouldn't have to even grind the game twice ...

Last edited:

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Faerin Decided today that I'd replay the game, as things are drawing to an end (could have wait for the actual end, but I had some time today), I just wanted to experience the story of each character in one go.

While I really love the concept of allowing the user to "think" of an ending, thus picking their ending. It felt hollow in two key ways.

1 - Thought: It wasn't a "set in stone" end, it was thought, so when you decided "No way, I'm not done yet". It kind of felt like, all of that "ending" story, somehow didn't exist or was somehow meaningless. I know that giving a distinct path that would lead to a distinct end would be complex. But that's why some of us do multiple playthroughs along the different paths. I never saw what the suspicion stat was even there for.

2 - Less isn't more: I decided this playthrough, to play one character at a time. With no deviations. That process and fluidity were lost in the ending. For example, I played Veronica first, with all of that effort that I felt that I had put into the relationship, I almost felt cheated. The ending was abridged, somewhat heartless, and cheapened. Sure, we "move out" with X girl and continue sex. But that's it, with each and every one of them.

I didn't feel content or fulfilled by any of the endings with any of the women. I didn't get a sense of accomplishment.

I say this out of love, and with the understanding that it's far too late to be effective for this IP. But I thought it should be said. I'm a die-hard Ren'py game player. This is the only Unity game I play, and one of a very select few free-roam games I play (I fuck hate 99% of them), so that's saying something.

As I've said before, it is no small achievement in you bringing this game to completion. So congrats, not only in completing it but creating something amazing and special. This is all just one person's opinion.

Best of luck with the new game.
Thanks for your constructive feedback, I appreciate that!
I also see where you're coming from.
In my opinion this is one of the big differences (and perhaps downsides) between games like MotH and games where you need multiple playthroughs to unlock all content (something I'm not a big fan of personally).

Also, If I would have focused on just one or two girls and their relationships, a lot of time could (and would) have gone into those storylines. For 9 girls (actually a lot more if you take into account what I originally planned) it's X times less content or X times longer development time. Ideally, it would be the latter, but that would mean spending probably at least 1-2 more years on development...

I never expected MotH to become so big or do so well, I just wanted to test the waters and see if my ideas would be received well before moving onto a "real" project. It gained popularity fast and before I knew it it turned into the "real" project.
Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful it turned out this way, it's just not as good as I want it to be.
I learned a lot from doing MotH, I believe I can do a bit better and look forward to trying.

yozara

Feb 2, 2018
There's still an achievement i'm missing : the general n°9, there's not a single hint about this one, does someone have an idea ?

PixelRepublic

I ■ Pixels
Donor
Jun 4, 2017
Thanks for your constructive feedback, I appreciate that!
I also see where you're coming from.
In my opinion this is one of the big differences (and perhaps downsides) between games like MotH and games where you need multiple playthroughs to unlock all content (something I'm not a big fan of personally).

Also, If I would have focused on just one or two girls and their relationships, a lot of time could (and would) have gone into those storylines. For 9 girls (actually a lot more if you take into account what I originally planned) it's X times less content or X times longer development time. Ideally, it would be the latter, but that would mean spending probably at least 1-2 more years on development...

I never expected MotH to become so big or do so well, I just wanted to test the waters and see if my ideas would be received well before moving onto a "real" project. It gained popularity fast and before I knew it it turned into the "real" project.
Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful it turned out this way, it's just not as good as I want it to be.
I learned a lot from doing MotH, I believe I can do a bit better and look forward to trying.
Thanks for the reply, mate. I always love when devs can be receptive of criticism, even on a pirate forum like this. :)

I do totally hear what you're saying 100%, as I said in my OP, it was just something I felt I had to say. I, of course, have zero ideas of your origins, process or original intentions. But hearing that this game was just meant to be a test, makes everything you've achieved with it, even more impressive.

As much as I don't really love the game Melody. I'll play it, meh. It has a very strict series of paths. But you can "cheat", by going into the settings, and changing if you're on X path or not before X scene. Maybe not the best solution, but interesting nonetheless.

Quick question, the new game, developed in Unity too? Or maybe Ren'py (I hope haha).

Reactions: Faerin

Juca Alves

Apr 24, 2018
Hello everyone, as you can see I could not update to version 1.0.1, I get this message, can anyone tell me what is the error? Grateful to all. (Translated by Google)

Last edited:

muthaluva

Aug 24, 2018
Hello everyone, as you can see I could not update to version 1.0.1, I get this message, can anyone tell me what is the error? Grateful to all. (Translated by Google)
---------------------------
Man of the House Update Only [v1.0.1 Extra
Unable to find applicaiton in chosen directory!
That happens to me too, even though it's in the same directory. I just have to click the browse button and direct it to the directory again and it works.

I also have to temporarily disable my antivirus protection - it doesn't like this program messing with my files! =-)

ogar nightelf

Jun 30, 2019
Well that sucks! I just downloaded the new update. And not thinking anything of it I deleted the old file as to not use up any unnecessary storage.
Now I need to start from scratch because unlike every other game I've tried out thus far. My old save was gone.
Which sucks because I was at the dating / relationship level with everyone except maybe Pam/Angel.
Oh well at least in this game you're able to go where you want and talk to whom you want. Unlike most games where you're basically stuck in a static line doing whatever.

4.20 star(s) 251 Votes