larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Is there any chance this ever gets an android port? That would be incredible :)
A quote from the dev

Since this questions pops up so much, here's a short explanation:

Unity makes it very easy to export to other platforms.

The reason I have not done so for Mac, is because I don't want to maintain 4 versions.

Since I update every 2 weeks and it takes a lot of time as it is, I don't want to complicate it any further.

On release I will export for Mac as well.

For Android, the same basically applies.

I have made mobile games in the past and exporting them for both Android (and even iOS) is made very easy by Unity.

However, MotH was never designed with the intention of running on mobile devices.

So while I could easily do an Android export, without a LOT of changes to, mainly the UI, it would be pointless as it just would run very poorly, or not at all (think of UI scaling, all the mouse over effects, etc.).

So this is not a limitation of Unity at all (in fact it's one of Unity's benefits), but one of MotH itself.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Reactions: T017

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
So I am guessing with the obvious version number 0.9.7 that MATH is coming to its conclusion? I went on Faerin Patron and saw polling for a new game, but no announcement on when a demo will be released. It a really good accomplishment to start a game and in 2-3 years its just about completed :D I cant even count the number of games I've played and they end up being abandoned, a few re-worked when they should've been completed years ago.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
So I am guessing with the obvious version number 0.9.7 that MATH is coming to its conclusion? I went on Faerin Patron and saw polling for a new game, but no announcement on when a demo will be released. It a really good accomplishment to start a game and in 2-3 years its just about completed :D I cant even count the number of games I've played and they end up being abandoned, a few re-worked when they should've been completed years ago.
He is planning to work on this one a bit longer while he works on that new idea, and then will work on both of them until he ties up all the loos ends in this one.

BOSOBS

May 24, 2019
well thats a bad idea
i just wish all games were like this one
except for the dates it was a great
but got to listen to the blind people with the Benjamins i guess

Viressa

May 24, 2018
IIRC he said it would roll over to version 0.10.0. It'll be wrapping up soon but not "three versions left" soon.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Shit, we're hitting the end of MATH?

Guess I'd better find a new job...

:cool:

4.20 star(s) 252 Votes