MonkeyLord

Apr 29, 2017
Any idea how to get the last scene with Debby? The one with the hint:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is probably added in v0.9.8 or v0.9.9 as the walkthrough for v0.9.7 doesn't have anything on them. I've tried coming to the station at 9:00 but no luck so far.

DorcasAurelia

Nov 17, 2018
Any idea how to get the last scene with Debby? The one with the hint:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is probably added in v0.9.8 or v0.9.9 as the walkthrough for v0.9.7 doesn't have anything on them. I've tried coming to the station at 9:00 but no luck so far.
I don't remember what the exact time is, but right after she finishes her morning tennis practice and moves to the station should work.

Maverikk17

Jul 16, 2017
How come my continue on the main screen has a lock, and i have to start over? I cant load my game. I cant find anywhere a solution.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
How come my continue on the main screen has a lock, and i have to start over? I cant load my game. I cant find anywhere a solution.
Did you download a new version of the game? Saves don't migrate automagically. Go to where you installed the previous version, grab the most recent save from the folder named (you'll never guess) /saves/, and copy it to the new location.

Maverikk17

Jul 16, 2017
Did you download a new version of the game? Saves don't migrate automagically. Go to where you installed the previous version, grab the most recent save from the folder named (you'll never guess) /saves/, and copy it to the new location.
I just installed the game yesterday, and saved last night. Opened it up today and the continue button has a lock on it.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
I just installed the game yesterday, and saved last night. Opened it up today and the continue button has a lock on it.
I even just made a new game, saved it. Then i quit and restarted the game, and its gone.
From the posts above it looks like you have unpacked the game in a folder where you don't have permissions to create a new file. Unpack the game onto your desktop, play it make a few moves and the save it, then load up that save and see if it works

Reactions: TheDevian

Maverikk17

Jul 16, 2017
From the posts above it looks like you have unpacked the game in a folder where you don't have permissions to create a new file. Unpack the game onto your desktop, play it make a few moves and the save it, then load up that save and see if it works
Yeah, I figured out what I was doing wrong. Thanks for the help! Much appreciated!

Reactions: larry5168

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
That's fair. Hear me out though. I get it, I look through the thread and like ever fourth or fifth post is someone asking something they could've figured out themselves. It gets old. But then if you look back, you'll see that almost every time, someone replies with something smart ass. Then someone like me points that out, then someone like you points out the they pointed it out, etc etc. Right?

Okay now. If folks are gonna take time out of their busy day to smart off, they could just as easily have answered the question in the first place. Then at most you get a "thanks" and the exchange ends in about half the number of posts. Someone still had to take the time to reply but they were going to anyway, and these questions aren't going away no matter how much you shame people for them, so isn't the most efficient response a simple answer?

Granted, as you point out, it's less fun I guess, but it does give me the opportunity to hit you with this pseudo intellectual bullshit as I enjoy my morning coffee.
To be fair, most of the time one of us is a smart ass, we are also answering the question, we are just doing it in a funny way that entertains us, if not the others that are stuck reading through it as well.

ZeWolfie42

Oct 22, 2017
I am having trouble with the AVPro Video error all I get is an orange screen with the AVPro logo and a spinning film reel. I have looked through the forum looking for help but none of it seems to be making any sense. I tried to download the Windows Media Feature Pack but (I believe) as I am not in the EU or South Korea the installer says that it is not compatible for my system.

However, if I launch the exe through WinRar I can see animations perfectly fine, I'm not sure what this means.

Am I missing something? Is there a fix for this issue? Any help is appreciated, even if you show me where to look in this forum.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I am having trouble with the AVPro Video error all I get is an orange screen with the AVPro logo and a spinning film reel. I have looked through the forum looking for help but none of it seems to be making any sense. I tried to download the Windows Media Feature Pack but (I believe) as I am not in the EU or South Korea the installer says that it is not compatible for my system.

However, if I launch the exe through WinRar I can see animations perfectly fine, I'm not sure what this means.

Am I missing something? Is there a fix for this issue? Any help is appreciated, even if you show me where to look in this forum.
More information about your system (OS and video card(s) you have installed) would be helpful so I can get an idea where the problem might be. But for now, try using the basic version of the K-Lite codec pack from and see if that solves the problem.

ZeWolfie42

Oct 22, 2017
More information about your system (OS and video card(s) you have installed) would be helpful so I can get an idea where the problem might be. But for now, try using the basic version of the K-Lite codec pack from and see if that solves the problem.
It does not appear that the codec pack worked, I am on a laptop (ASUS VivoBook F510UA) Intel i5-8250U, 8 GB ram, Intel UHD Graphics 620, OS is Windows 10 Home.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
It does not appear that the codec pack worked, I am on a laptop (ASUS VivoBook F510UA) Intel i5-8250U, 8 GB ram, Intel UHD Graphics 620, OS is Windows 10 Home.
Ok, what I would like for you to do is, go into Control Panel. Click on the "Device Manager" applet and expand "Display Adapters". If you could, take a screenshot of that and attach that, please.

Additionally, verify that you have the latest for your Intel video card installed.

Finally, make sure that you've extracted the files from the RAR to its own folder on your primary partition. I would recommend using if you don't have that installed. Follow the steps here to extract.

If you have already done the above and you're still not seeing the animated scenes without looking at the animations through a stand alone video player, go into C:\Users\account_name\AppData\LocalLow and delete the folder labeled "Faerin" and then try playing MotH.

Please note: the "AppData" folder will be hidden. So you will need to view all hidden files/folders first.

Optional: if you use Citrix for work purposes, open up a command prompt as an administrator and use the following command:

Code:
CitrixWorkspaceApp.exe
DDLOCAL=ReceiverInside,ICA_Client,AM,SELFSERVICE,DesktopViewer,Flash,Vd3d,WebHelper,BrowserEngine
Make sure there is a space between CitrixWorkspaceApp.exe and DDLOCAL=

Last edited:

Giraffykins

Nov 25, 2017
I was surprised too and recommended the same as you. Deleting .wine solved the problem!
Hey, I know I'm late to the game on this, but I've run into the same problem and deleting the ".wine" folder didn't help. I've tried numerous Wine programs (PlayOnMac, WineBottler, Wineskin, etc.) but admittedly I'm not too computer savvy so it's very possible I'm doing something wrong. Can anyone offer an assist?

ZeWolfie42

Oct 22, 2017
Ok, what I would like for you to do is, go into Control Panel. Click on the "Device Manager" applet and expand "Display Adapters". If you could, take a screenshot of that and attach that, please.

Additionally, verify that you have the latest for your Intel video card installed.

Finally, make sure that you've extracted the files from the RAR to its own folder on your primary partition. I would recommend using if you don't have that installed. Follow the steps here to extract.
I have installed the latest drivers, attached is the screenshot of my device manager, and the game is extracted to its own folder, when running from that folder I get the error, when running through WinRar (haven't tried 7Zip) (double clicking the exe and letting WinRar extract and run from its window animations work perfectly) 346759

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I have installed the latest drivers, attached is the screenshot of my device manager, and the game is extracted to its own folder, when running from that folder I get the error, when running through WinRar (haven't tried 7Zip) (double clicking the exe and letting WinRar extract and run from its window animations work perfectly) View attachment 346759
Ok, that's good. Only one card in the system, so we can rule that out as an issue (I've seen some with dual video cards enabled, which is why I had you check to be certain that didn't apply here).

I've edited my original reply with additional information that may be able to help. You might have to refresh the page though to see it.

I'd also suggest trying 7-Zip and see if that helps.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hey, I know I'm late to the game on this, but I've run into the same problem and deleting the ".wine" folder didn't help. I've tried numerous Wine programs (PlayOnMac, WineBottler, Wineskin, etc.) but admittedly I'm not too computer savvy so it's very possible I'm doing something wrong. Can anyone offer an assist?
I think the problem is that you didn't install quartz via Winetricks. However, the last time I tried to help a Mac user he wasn't able to install quartz. Maybe it is different for you

(PlayOnMac, WineBottler, Wineskin, etc.)
All of them are shit. Stick to wine-stable and Winetricks only.

If you want my help, then contact me on MotH's discord server. I'm one of the Tester members.

Reactions: TheDevian and Sycho
4.20 star(s) 251 Votes