Unity - Completed - Man of the House [v1.0.2c Extra] [Faerin]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Aldee999

I am a bit torn with this one. Usually I only post reviews of things that I think are great or really, really bad. This game is neither but has aspects of both. Spoilers ahead.

I apologize to the creator in advance; I do not mean to offend and I have no clue how much work he put into this to be distributed for free. I do appreciate that he delivered a completed game (unlike other creators) that looks polished and plays well.
    I am merely presenting my personal views.

Positive
    - I really like Veronica and MC's relationship with her, the corruption really does something for me, probably because it is rather on the mild side, even with the fetish stuff thrown in. To a slightly lesser degree also the Mom corruption works for me.
    - The extra renders in the form of collectibles are nicely done and some of the scenes are really steamy.
    - The bodies and skin look very good to me.
    - The ingame help system has developed from when I first played the game (must have been 2 years ago or so) to the current version 1.02 very nicely and is now a good indicator of what is to be done with which of the girls (not necessarily the when, see below).

Negative
    - Grinding ad nauseam. I cannot even imagine how long it would take without cheating for money. Repeating the same scene over and over, even if it's a nice one in the first iteration, gets old very quickly. Especially for Sophia, who is the most bland character possible.
    - Inconsistency. Especially with Mom you may have unlocked all options but MC still comes creeping into her room in the evening and timidly asks for a handjob. That doesn't add up.
    - Without a timetable you are lost. Maybe it is fun for other people to find out at which specific time of the day you need to go to a specific place to trigger the next step in a quest chain. For me it is not. A simple morning/lunch/afternoon/evening/night structure would have worked better for me but that may be personal preference. As it is I needed a walkthrough pretty much all of the time for this aspect.
    - The faces. I got used to them over time and again it is my personal preference but I did not like the faces a lot of the time. Especially Sophia looks like a genetic experiment gone awry. For the other characters it's a mix, sometimes they look good and sometimes they look like nothing I would want to see in real life. I don't know anything about creating the renders so please take it as an uninformed opinion of an end-user. If it is any consolation I hated the duck-faces in WVM even more.
    - The character/time balance. For the three main characters - Mom and the sisters - you spend a ton of time to get into their knickers, which is fine. For some side characters you spend a ton of time (like sauna grinding Sophia) which is not justified. Some characters come in late in the game, Pam and Diane, and feel slapped on an otherwise established circle of people. Introducing Pam as a full love interest with her own ending does not feel right to me, considering that I have to put very little time into this relationship. I had no interest whatsoever in Diane and I did not care for her look either but at least she only popped up in one of the endings.
    - MC. I understand that he wants to boink anything that has a hole, for the sake of the game. Why does he have to look like a creepy kid? I ignore male characters in general but this one is just bad.
    - Unresolved story lines. This is a minor point. It is suggested that the love triangle with Veronica and Amy (I like her face most of the time) continues but it only does so in one ending. After spending much time on bringing the two together they deserve to have more action in-game. Also Debbie gives MC a bunch of tokens to come back to Masquerade but if you ever do there is nothing to do.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

jimtomson

If you're new to these types of games this one isn't bad for a starter. If you're used to these types of games it's nothing you haven't seen before. The story is generic. Huge breasted mother. Huge breasted and bitchy older sister. Petite and sexually curious younger sister. Not to mention the UI's pretty bad and the game is very grindy. Still, there are far worse games on this site. If you can get through the grind the renders are decent.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

GamerGod0130

Just completed this game and I loved everything about it. All the characters had their own unique story witch where very interesting to say the least. Once I started playing this game I could not stop playing because I always wanted to see what was going to happen next with the characters. Also I enjoyed how easy this game was to follow and play. My hats off to the person or persons who made this game fantastic job you have made a fan for life and I will continue to look for games made by you.

I would most definitely recommend this game.
    Easley one of my favorites.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

tamert101

My all time favorite. Good story,, excellent build up, sophisticated animations. Sad to see Faerin move on to a lesser new game while there was still a lot of room for further development and storylines here.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Kanhu12

Great game...
    This game has increased my love and attention towards adult games...
    Excellent story....
    Exciting scenes...
    The best part is that you can do what you want during a day... Not just what is scripted...
    All the characters are sexy tooooo...
    I hope Unity will make more of such games...
    Love a lot
    :love::love::love:
  6. 3.00 star(s)

jethro_black

The most frustrating part of this game is the atrocious UI. Playing through this was a real click-fest and I ultimately gave up and resorted to using the in-game cheats to view the gallery.

The CGs are mediocre at best with some poor choices when it comes to the camera angles and the posing is often a bit janky.

There is no real story to speak of and the game relies heavily on the usual tropes of a sexually repressed mother, bitchy older sister and infatuated younger sister.

TL;DR - an average game that isn't worth the effort to suffer through unless you're bored.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Rizky Rakhmadani

Character model and sex scene is basic but the stories is super awesome
    From all game from f95 i already played this game is the best, it got character progressing, character achievement, sending chat like real life, paying cab for traveling this game has the most complexity and thats make us cant stop playing this game
    Really hope they make 2nd season or just update this perfect game thank you faerin
  8. 5.00 star(s)

putzseila

I'm an unconditional Faerin fan, his projects manage to balance everything that is necessary to hold the players' attention. You spend weeks playing his games without getting discouraged because of the well developed storyline, hot models and in some moments certain unusual and hilarious situations.
    Other Dev. also have incredible projects, but they end up becoming repetitive in a certain moment. Faerin managed to develop the game without becoming repetitive.

;)
  9. 5.00 star(s)

MezzaPez

Very good game and really well made. I think the thing that stands out most for me about this game is how easy it is to play through. Even though there are walk throughs available you don't actually need them for the most part as where you need to go is pretty much told to you in the lower left.

I love the characters personalities and playing through the story line was really enjoyable. I can't really find anything that I felt that the game was lacking. There wasn't really any negatives for me so I give it a 5 star.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

jmcronshaw

Well made game. The story here isn't anything special, pretty standard incest game though it boasts some nice side characters. The writing is solid and helps to add to the H scenes. The game is certainly a grind though. Especially in the beginning. I cheated money and MC's stats though looking back with how grindy the game is that probably wasn't necessary as there is enough free time in between moving the plot forward to level up. I would have been very frustrated playing this game without the walkthrough though so i feel like that is a must. The renders are nice and the animations solid. And even though the 3 main characters had kind of a generic H game look i liked that they all actually looked like they were related to each other. Highlight of the game for me is probably the older sister Veronica's story. Definitely worth a download and play
  11. 5.00 star(s)

jsmithlmc5b

This game is one of my favourites, the freedom of the open world makes it feel a lot more immersive than a normal linear story. That flexibility also has the advantage of allowing you to pursue the stoyline you are most interested in.

The game is very time intensive and really grindy, but there is an option to avoid that with the cheat system, which I think everyone should do.
    It's a mechanic that works to make you feel like you earned something, but with the final game having as much content as it does, you're more likely to get bored with the grind before going through all the content.

Highly recommended, it changed my idea of how good these games can be.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

Hitman98

It's average, the girls seem different at first but the more you progress trough they're relationship they feel all the same, the model aren't bad but not that attractive , showering or eating to keep meter up is more of a chore to do than an interesting and engaging gameplay aspect.

Sex scene are alright, and the character story and drama is not too bad.

Not one of the worst of this kind of game but nothing of interest to see here.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

anonj73

This template could serve for every scene in this:

"You're so hot." / "That's so hot." / "That's so fucking hot." / "You're so fucking hot."

"She's really good at this." / "She's gotten so much better at this." / "You've gotten better at this." / "You're so good at this."

"Are you going to cum for me?" / "She's going to make me cum." / "I'm going to cum." / "Go ahead and cum for me."

"I'm going to cum in your mouth." / "Can I cum in your mouth?" / "Are you sure I can cum in your mouth?" / "She must want me to cum in her mouth."

"*Slurp* mmm-mmm" / "*Gulp* mmm-ooo-mmm" / "*Slop* mmm" / "*Suck*"

"That's so fucking hot." / "You're so fucking hot." / "This is so fucking hot." / "Hot."

---

The girls are essentially the same once you start hooking up... the same clown... the models are all clowns. And not the happy kind... the creepy "It" kind. They're like Jessica Rabbit with Pennywise's mouth. Just dis-proportioned and unnatural... and creepy. The main character is shown throughout and he is a stock model seen from other games and has the facial appearance of a 13-year-old. It's the biggest buzz kill in this, seeing his immature face in the middle of a sex scene. Hearing the dialog is a close second.

The story starts off pretty good actually. It's cliche as hell for this genre, but it got me into it with the slow burn and the initial personalities of the characters... but once you start advancing them they all morph into the same submissive cock slut. They speak the same, make the same sounds, and have the same dialog in sex.

There is a shit-ton of grind to this. There is no way in hell anyone can finished this game in under 48 hours of total play without a walk-through and cheats. And that might sound good, but it's really just 2 hours of content that you repeat 24 times.

And late in the story you make a choice to tell a newcomer to the story all about your secret affairs, for no real reason at all except to introduce more kink for a side character... but it comes across as a self-cucking maneuver and artificial drama.

Also a few times in this the main character comes up with a plan to get some other character for whatever reason, and this plan is inexplicably kept from the reader until it happens. That doesn't work for immersion when you're supposed to be that character.

How can your own plan be a surprise to yourself?

And this main character is inconsistent as hell. He is clearly trying to bed everyone he meets, and then is surprised whenever they accept his advances or do something provocative. He stutters and says an indecisive "umm" in the middle of every third sentence while the other two sentences show him in complete control over the situation. It's jarring every time it happens.

And it entirely over-does broken dialog over several slides... like:

"You..." <CLICK> "Are..." <CLICK> "So..." <CLICK> "Fucking..." <CLICK> "Hot!"

It happens way too much. Every character does it and it's in just about every scene.

Choices don't matter until the last choice you make deciding who you want to end with. At two points stats are introduced to characters that lead nowhere: Ashley/Younger Sister gets the "Jealousy" stat but never gets jealous over anyone... and Claire/Mom gets the "Suspicious" stat but never really gets suspicious nor does she catch anyone doing anything.

This offers a harem feel at the start but it doesn't end that way.

The ending is abrupt. Once you have a relationship with a character, you can have them forever just by declaring them to be the one but none of the other relationships you've developed are resolved.

And after you've advanced a decent way with most of the characters, the game format bottlenecks all your actions. I mean that it gets to a point that every girl will only advance on the Sunday trip to the beach, but you can only advance one girl a week. Early on there is a lot of daily stuff for each girl... but at the end, it's down to this one day for everyone so you're left advancing entire weeks at a time just to get one more advancement with one girl.

I'm giving it three stars because it's arguably the best game using this terrible grindy and cliche format. It feels like a ton of content (even though it's artificially inflated by repeating like mad) and it has likeable moments, especially early on. The characters start well... but then they become the same character with the same sex.

And you'll flat out die if you make a drinking game out of drinking every time you read the word "hot".
  14. 5.00 star(s)

sepuku31

One of my favorite game with "Sisterly Lust" and "Being a DIK"
    Don't like the end of "acting lessons" but i think great quality game.
    Great Job and thanks !

If anybody knows completed games with same quality i m looking for it (y)
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Phoenix007

Great game and great story, Touched on a number of different fetishes (Some i wish would have gone deeper), Some locations weren't used as much as i would have liked (the bar and the fetish club) but overall, it ate up a few days of my time.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

Heruar

A very interesting game. I enjoyed the renders/animations, character development and most of the game-play.
    The only reason I'm giving this game a 4/5 stars is because sometimes the grind is too much and because of the nature of repetitive content which sometimes changes a bit based on your progress with a particular character, you may miss out on certain details.
    The biggest plus of this game is the character development and the different kinks it offers, although none are as memorable as Veronica's.
    I really appreciate the work that went into this game and the unique ending style.

Overall rating would be close to 4.5/5 but not quite.
    Definitely worth a try !
  17. 2.00 star(s)

omegashrn

Started playing this game quite some time ago, the story is very good. I like the characters and the models of the characters as well, though I feel like he became bored with it and just kinda ended it abruptly. Yes there is endings you can watch, you can even see all of them if you really want too. But I feel like he could've done so much more with the endings to this game than what he did do, I really feel like this could have been so much more than your average visual novel.

With that being said the game is still quite good in this state, there's plenty of character development to get you really in to the characters. Lots of nudity and H-Scenes for your viewing pleasure, Veronica was definitely my favorite out of the girls.

UPDATE: Upon completion of the game Faerin made a big booboo, he seemingly rushed to make an ending to it for some reason. Maybe he was sick of working on it or idk, whatever the reason he had he ruined the game imo. All of the interaction and character development went down the drain to the rushed endings. I really liked this one too. =/
  18. 5.00 star(s)

dustursa

Great game that has a lot of content to it, plus has a bit of something in it for everyone. Really liked the characters of veronica and amy. Also enjoyed all the endings, make sure you unlock the special ending with the special traits maxed on claire and ashley.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Erodragoon

Version: 1.0.1

Visual novel/Script: 5
    Gaming experience: 5+
    Graphic quality: 5
    Character development: 5
    Xcitement: 5+
    Considerations: Very good quality, characters and story. The best point, the sandbox / free roaming mode. Very good game, lot of content and people. As many free roaming games, grind can be an issue sometimes. I must admit at the end I use the cheat option, and I love it. Yeeeeahh man.
    A complete game, plenty of things to do. Good work.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

JRelengod

Lots of grind, but the renders are nice and the animations are ok. If you cheat and you're ok with sinking some time into something this can be a fun game, but there's little in the way of character growth and the lack of music makes the game feel very empty and weird. All in all its an ok game, that if the grind were cut would likely be a 4 for me.