Others - Completed - Manager Can Be Tough!: Case of the Kidnapped Waitress [v1.0] [One Man Army]

1. 3.00 star(s)

fantasmic

Playtime: 40 minutes (though I think there's one area I missed)
    Probaby a 2.5, so I rounded up since it's mainly just... pretty basic? I mean, when you think about the quality a side-scrolling H-game tends to have, Manager Can Be Tough doesn't stray far. Controls aren't tight, scenes are hard to trigger, and any bits which are somewhat interesting get drowned out by the all the rest being mundane.
    - Guns suck since the default firing height is above the heads of most enemy types and you can't aim with the mouse.
    - It's nice that there are a few outfits, but you can't swap or repair them at will.
    - The weapon system is actually kind of interesting. The top weapon is your primary sub-weapon, so pressing the "ranged" button once will fire it off, with repeated pressing bringing your other sub-weapons into play. This could open up some tactics, though it probably won't since the first sub-weapon is the best.
    - Beating the game doesn't unlock any h-scenes; you need to trigger each one manually. Or just get the gallery unlock from the main thread.
    - There's blocking and a dodge-roll, but no attack canceling, so you'll likely just go all-offense and tank hits instead. It works fine for most bosses (on normal).
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Fidzius

[v1.0]

Can't imagine a sloppier cash-grab.

It's all repetitive, reused jank.
    The gameplay is mash attacks without hugging enemies (since grabbing enemies is useless and being grabbed or getting some close range special is bad).
    The starting weapon is the strongest, all attacks stagger, cosplay suits are decorative (and non-toggleable???).
    Even the launch (managed with jp locale),
    language (calling it philosophical poetry would be kind) and
    menus (z and x are both confirm, menus are lacking and unorganized)

The only good thing is how clothing isn't magically bound to HP- acts like additional health bars/lives and has its own restoration item.

Don't play it, it's very intentionally trash.