RPGM - Completed - Marauder of Dystopia: The Weakest Go to the Wall [v1.02] [ONEONE1]

1. 3.00 star(s)

RagueltheUFO

It took a bit to finish this game just for the normal ending and then getting pissed at the end with the virgin ending made me drop a whole rank from 4 stars to 3 stars. :') Spoilers for the story for the virgin route.

Pros:
    • Easy to understand gameplay
    • When you level up, you restore full health.
    • Game has plentiful items that won’t require you to rest or use items as often.
    • The game rewards you with better skills as a result of playing normally (I don’t know if the hentai route rewards you). The captain will eventually give you a game breaking skill that can one-shot the common enemies and is super effective against the last two bosses.
    • The story is above average (assuming you play normally). There were some surprises.
    • I do like the supporting cast but the game probably treats you better if you’re playing on the default route. Some of the dialogue does change as the story goes on. (So when the raid near the end of the game happens, it does hurt your heart if only because you were talking to them most of the game).
    • NTR is avoidable………but that’s also a huge negative.

Cons:
    • If you don’t lose a single battle, this is a normal RPG game. You don’t even get any battle fuck gameplay if you play normally. There is no way to increase the difficulty as normal is as high as it gets and it’s too easy until the last two boss battles (which the issue is no saving after the first one).
    • The game punishes you in both directions as a result. If you just want to play the story, then you’ll get no sex scenes until the ending (the virgin ending). If you lose once, then the way you handle missions changes despite the fact you messed up once. I’m not a fan of the extreme of “you either remain pure or you become a slut”.
    • Hazuki’s character degrades as a result of going down the slut route. With how stoic she is, it’s really difficult to justify her becoming addicted to cock especially if her first time is almost always because of rape. It’s a real wasted opportunity for her to not take advantage of the fact that she would be the only honey trap that could kill her targets with relative ease especially since it’s a plot point in the game.
    • The missions are all the same at the end of the day. You take the mission, you go through the map, you reach the end, you fight the boss and complete the mission. The sole exception is the stupid infiltration mission with the ruby gem. If they wanted to spice things up, they should have made it so you actually got punished for getting caught (but I just reset anyway). Instead, it was a stressful mission with no reward. The variation only changes once you become a slut.
    • Despite the game claiming the four generals of the empire are powerful, you kill two of them relatively early into the game. The latter two feel like actual villains in comparison as a result of how late game they are.
    • The traitor is so obvious from the dialogue the moment the game implies there is a leaker. There was no reason to doubt who it was with how the game gave him the most obviously evil name.
    • The actual locations with NPCs are very small and between. It’s baffling how there’s not much to do in the main hub. When you get to the end game, it’s preferable because of how little anyone actually contributes to the story.
    • There are at least five endings in the game where two of them are gameovers, one is an extended NTR gameover, a normal ending and the virgin ending.
    • The virgin ending had me really annoyed because I hate the idea of working toward a happy ending and still not getting it.
      You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
      • It’s so inconsistent. It's why the game rating dropped from 4 to 3.5 (leaning to 3).
    EDIT: ONE LAST THING. I WAS LIED TO ABOUT THE MIND CONTROL. Drugs and aphrodisiacs are not mind control. :|
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Gudil

The only pros already mentioned by others is that it is voiced and you can go with a virgin run, however, if you are not defeat, the virgin run will be all you get.

If you like me are not into rape, don't waste your time. You will only get some action after being defeat once, then 95% of the scenes are rape and 5 % where you will choose to pay for information with money or her body.

On top of that the gameplay is too simple, I mean, nothing to explore in the maps of the few city and villages, not a single event. You just push forward with the missions over and over... Not worth your time, unless you are really into rape.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

dhenfreitas

Well, if we talking about the Kagura version, then yes, it's a good game
    Even thought it's a 2015 game, it's not that outdated, and is actually very fun, way better than the latest two, in my opinion
    The story is fine, art is what we can expect from the time, and has good events, corruption progress well too, if I remember...
    OneOne1 usually has this flaw that is actually hard to go soft corruption, but I think this one wasn't instantaneous like usually is
  4. 3.00 star(s)

KodokuAi

My scoring & reviews explained HERE

PROs:
    +voice acted
    +multiple routes
    +finish game once to unlock all CG (you can watch other route scenes without having to replay)

CONs:
    -lackluster scenes
    -bad translation
    -rather meh art
    -dull story

Comments:
    Not much to add. This is probably the most boring ONEONES game I've played. Meh art, dull scenes, boring character storytelling / persona.

5/10
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Adirtymexican666

Thoughts
    The good

it has difficulty options. normal or easy

I love the art,,very well drawn and consistent.
    the battle animations are beautiful! a lot of effort was put into it!

on screen encounters that are usually easy to avoid

dungeons/missions are generally paced well. there wasn't a time when a particular part was getting tedious.a few rooms/areas and you would be at your target/goal.

You can complete the game as a virgin

It has a new game plus.retaining level for an easier second play through if interested.
    also has a CG viewer after completing the game.

The bad
    When you start the game it takes a long time for something to happen. for me it is around 20 seconds,then you get a choice between english or Japanese.

The dialog has a lot of flaws due to poor english,text that goes off screen a and even various places not translated into english.

I barely felt like anything i did mattered. you didn't have NPCs comment on your recent actions,areas you'd expect to be improved after taking out an evil person remain the same and the plot itself adds to this.

Overall
    While i did get some enjoyment out of this experience. i would not personally recommend it. for me the dialog needing improvement and the lack of feeling what you do matters hurt this experience too much.

but if you can look past that this does have some value.