Marvelous Designer 9 (General Help)

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
There was a thread in the Asset Releases section about Marvelous Designer 9.
https://f95zone.to/threads/marvelous-designer-9-enterprise-5-1-311-44087-win.40885/

I am "trying it out" but have some questions, and I didn't see (in my brief search) a place at F95 to ask about it.

Sooo.....

My first question is, is there a way to import Genesis 8 "avatars" to build clothes and stuff off of?
My goal is to try and make some medieval/fantasy style back packs or ruck sacks. Would MarvD be a good tool to attempt it in?

Yes, I am a rookie, so be gentle.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016

"

Most of our DAZ/ Poser users enjoy creating and draping clothes for their character models. You can import your character as OBJ format and learn how to create 3D clothing with the series of tutorials on our website. Also, feel free to join in on user discussions on our "

Reactions: Domiek

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
Thanks Papa...

I also looked around a bit and saw that there are some freebie G8/G3 MD avatars as Renderhub...

I'll check out the links you posted as well!

Toranion

Aug 31, 2018
I have found out that that you can add a background image in the 2D window (right click on 2D screen). I used a bump file for this as it only has to be a guide

2019-11-28_222439.png

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
There was a thread in the Asset Releases section about Marvelous Designer 9.
https://f95zone.to/threads/marvelous-designer-9-enterprise-5-1-311-44087-win.40885/

I am "trying it out" but have some questions, and I didn't see (in my brief search) a place at F95 to ask about it.

Sooo.....

My first question is, is there a way to import Genesis 8 "avatars" to build clothes and stuff off of?
My goal is to try and make some medieval/fantasy style back packs or ruck sacks. Would MarvD be a good tool to attempt it in?

Yes, I am a rookie, so be gentle.
Sickleyield has at least one great video on youtube describing the process from start to end (including the avatar import) for a simple clothing item.

lemme see if i can find it:

She's got tonnes of great content created for free for the community. Definitely one of the creators I like to support on the marketplace.

Arthoneceron

Jul 5, 2017
About to start right now, and as I was with the Daz Studio in the first time, I'm completely lost haha!

Is there any good tutorial on the youtube that shows some kind of introduction?

Toranion

Aug 31, 2018
What i did was follow what people do when making a garment. Problem is most are on an older version but the basics are still there

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
Yeah...
I was searching for a more "updated" tutorial vid myself. It seems MD can't keep up (the tutorials) with their software versions.

rolmac

May 28, 2017
hello and happy new year
I would need your help with marvelous designer 9
I took this tutorial that was made with an old version of marvelous that I’m not. and my concern and when I save the clothing modifications and try to import into Daz I have a geometry error message I don’t know what I do wrong could you please help me

ps : problem solved

Last edited:

rolmac

May 28, 2017
Capture d’écran (1).png
here is my concern

I imported a marvelous Daz garment that I had to sew so that different parts would not fall during the marvelous simulation.

After the sewing I could no longer make a global selection of the garment but only a piece that composed the garment when I selected the whole piece, backup make me 3 other files with the Obj and I only want one OBJ file without the others , because when I return to Daz he refuses the OBJ file with this message "Loading morph Tanka fit... Warning: Geometry did not match, failed To create morph."

what I would like to do, is that this garment becomes only one piece in marvelous or how to make a backup so that morph loader pro accepts the OBJ file thanks for your help

rolmac

May 28, 2017
when i export an object with marvelous it creates me an MTL file. how to avoid this MTL file and have only one OBJ file

rolmac

May 28, 2017
I have a new problem.
when I import my obj in morph loader pro this one does not make me the deformation done in marvelous

marvelous
Capture 6.JPG

result Daz
Capture 9.JPG

Have you ever had this problem and how have you solved it

stabrepete

Dec 5, 2020
I have a new problem.
when I import my obj in morph loader pro this one does not make me the deformation done in marvelous

marvelous
View attachment 527526

result Daz
View attachment 527530

Have you ever had this problem and how have you solved it
dont know if you figured it out yourself but if anyone needs to know, change fit to to "none" then max out the morph. it will fall into place. If you leave auto fit on daz adds its own morphs based on the body(those fbmXXX morphs) you can try disabling them if you want buy if you are just doing a single render and already have the figure posed disabling auto fit is enough.