4.50 star(s) 15 Votes

petertavy

Aug 21, 2020
I found this game un-playable. On arrival, I was offered a menu with items like

"Enter the villa"

but when I tried to point at these the angle of view shifted so rapidly that it took
a lot of time to get facing the door. Then the W key walked towards the door,
but there was no visible way to open it.

AkiranGaming

Jan 4, 2024
I didn't mean performance. I meant just the process of using keys to move around. I like have a map and sort of automatically going to a room by clicking it. I'm not a fan of these types of games. You have to exactly face the door or you can't get through. Just not a fan, sorry.
Understood and agree that a map option would be a nice option.

AkiranGaming

Jan 4, 2024
I found this game un-playable. On arrival, I was offered a menu with items like

"Enter the villa"

but when I tried to point at these the angle of view shifted so rapidly that it took
a lot of time to get facing the door. Then the W key walked towards the door,
but there was no visible way to open it.
I think you may be able to adjust the sensitivity of the controls in the settings, so the view doesn't shift so quickly.

At the beginning you can't open the door, you need to ring the bell to the right of it and have the girl let you in.

Jul 24, 2017
I'm just glad your not my neighbour..
Ha! I only critique stuff I have an interest in, so there's no worries about me becoming an HOA menace, but I've done my share of landscaping and so stuff like this just jumps out to me, you know?

I'd only give criticism if I'd been paying or am paying for a commissioned item I'd requested.

If I wasnt or am not contributing, then I'd offer polite advise or suggestions, but not to the point where it's litterally a full write up whinge. I mean, your getting it for free... Yeah?

I guess it's where there are ways of doing and going about things....

I've played this for about and hour and quite enjoyed it all tbh.

It's just a game, nothing to get worked up about.
I don't know if the dev will see my message, but I hope it's taken in the intended spirit. I wrote a lot, but that's because I was trying to be specific on a lot of items that I thought deserved feedback. A writer or developer can work with a list of critiques, but they can't do much with "This sucks and I don't like it," and since I certainly didn't feel that way I wanted to give actionable criticism wherever possible. I totally understand why something like fine-tuning the lighting could be a low-priority goal at this stage in development, but it's possible that this really is the intended state and, regardless, I'd feel remiss if I did not bring up things that I noticed.

AkiranGaming

Jan 4, 2024
Ha! I only critique stuff I have an interest in, so there's no worries about me becoming an HOA menace, but I've done my share of landscaping and so stuff like this just jumps out to me, you know?

I don't know if the dev will see my message, but I hope it's taken in the intended spirit. I wrote a lot, but that's because I was trying to be specific on a lot of items that I thought deserved feedback. A writer or developer can work with a list of critiques, but they can't do much with "This sucks and I don't like it," and since I certainly didn't feel that way I wanted to give actionable criticism wherever possible. I totally understand why something like fine-tuning the lighting could be a low-priority goal at this stage in development, but it's possible that this really is the intended state and, regardless, I'd feel remiss if I did not bring up things that I noticed.
The dev will see your message and will likely appreciate it, based on feedback on the thread. We already have the infamous "Michael Bug" that is currently a high priority on the dev's todo list.

HexorGames

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2023
(Dev - there's a lot here because I just kept adding onto this post as I played for about two hours rather than making more individually smaller posts. I didn't write much about what I did like until the end, but I really do get excited about 3D games here and Hannah's design is cute. The rest of this is critique, but it's all specific and written with the intent to give honest and hopefully actionable feedback.)

View attachment 3952129
Screenshot from my first 5 minutes in the game. The skybox is very dark compared to the lighting of the environment. The contrast in general is pretty harsh and the dark sky makes it downright uncanny.

Also, a nitpick from someone with a pool - the pool should be 4-6 inches lower and much lighter/clearer. Looks like dad threw in some food dye before he left.

Here's me looking inside...
View attachment 3952164
And then inside the villa.
View attachment 3952167
It's so WHITE. Look at the kitchen!
View attachment 3952168
White patio, white walls, white ceiling, white cupboards, white chairs! White sofa in the living room, white desk and cabinet in the office, white rock in the bedroom! It goes beyond a modern aesthetic; it looks like I woke up in the white room from 2001. Feels very flat and sterile.

View attachment 3952189
The lighting in the interior is off as well; the "lit" walls are uniformly bright and the "unlit" walls are uniformly dark. Needs more reflectivity / less contrast?

Also, the interior texture of the walls looks like it's just a scaled down version of the exterior, which again enforces the sterile, flat look of the place.
View attachment 3952207

The random car.jpeg on the staircase wall is very out of place with the rest of the decor. The kitchen is bizarre as well; the island is clearly intended to have seating, there's no full-size sink, but maybe that's intended because there's also no refridgerator or stovetop! How long has that milk been sitting out on the counter... Even more nitpicky but the gigantic binders next to the glasses are out of place. Especially so in the kitchen, but honestly even the ones in the office had me scratching my head. Those are huge binders, but what's in them? Nobody has been living or working here since dad left, and surely he took his stuff with him to his tropical paradise, right?

A low cupboard in front of the TV, maybe with a sound system would help flesh out the living room.

View attachment 3952262
The interior looks much better with the evening interior lighting, but the lights are creating some will-o-wisps in the windows. They directly line up with the lights by the headboard and the one in the kitchen, and it seems like the floating blue lights are actually reflected physically in the game space, since they're about as far away on the opposite side of the glass as the aforementioned source lights in the interior.

View attachment 3952264
...? Sorry, got distracted.

View attachment 3952283
Wait, she's still there in the morning? What a trooper. I didn't get super far into the game so it's possible that more are added over time, but a bit more variety in her animations would be nice. Making meals, lounging outside or in her bedroom, etc. instead of either gardening or wiping down the tables.

I got a kick out of working for 4 hours and being too mentally exhausted to continue. Yeah, me too dawg.

View attachment 3952356
Starting to think she might be worth what I'm paying for. Maybe give her some scissors and have some dead leaves in her bucket?

Player should have the ability to sleep whenever to advance the day. Having to go downstairs, rest, wait for the rest fade-to-black to finish, and then go back upstairs to sleep is a hassle.

There are some dialogue issues. Hannah says "I go back to work" after you give her coffee instead of "I'll go back to work." The dialogue feels stiff in general as well, like it's been translated to English. Wordy and clinical instead of casual and natural. "The upstairs bedroom is empty as a result of nobody living in it."

Also, for a game called "Master of Seduction," the seduction in the first hour of playing or so has been lackluster. I've done some minor tasks for my maid and she's been grateful but confused. I know nothing about her and I've had no opportunities to tease or entice.

Let's take the book task: she's upset after misplacing her book, we eagerly offer to find it, and she gushes her gratitude after we return it, the end. How can we improve it? She's misplaced her book and is distraught and seems somehow even more concerned when we offer to find it! But she's a shy girl, so she acqueisces to our offer to search for it. Well, we find the book and... aha. It's a romance novel. No wonder she's feeling awkward. We flip to the earmarked page and read an exerpt: "...his fingers glide over my skin, invading places never touched by any hand but my own, and my heart races in fear and delight..." One of "those" romance novels, then. We take it back to her and can't help but grin at her embarassed "thank you." The question is on her lips, but she's too nervous to ask if we looked inside. We softball a conversation starter and ask if she likes reading, and she answers that she does (obviously) and that she's been reading more since she started this job because it's quiet and wouldn't disturb dad's work - plus it's nice to read outside. Then we get the option for different dialogue: we can playfully joke that she's more adventerous than we thought, reading something like this outside. We can seductively tease her about how quietly she was "reading" her erotica. Or, for a friendlier approach, we can offer to talk about her favorite books and get some recommendations - this one certainly seems to fit our taste, after all.

Or look at the laundry task. As it is, we do her work for her and then either say "haha no biggy just here to help" (???) or else request a sexual reward. Master of Incel Behavior lmao. So what could happen here? Hannah comes in concerned because she heard noises and didn't know it was us, and she says as much. The two of us are standing in the cramped utility room, and so we step closer to her. No, we say, no intruders. Just us. We reach out, either to lean against the wall beside her (show off physique) or to place a hand on her shoulder (attractiveness check) and confide that we're still adjusting to the new home even with her company, and so she must've been on edge living here alone after our father moved away. We tell her that we're glad she's here, and that if there ever is an uninvited guest then she should holler for us to come and sort them out.

If you open the menu while walking, the character continues moving forwards.

View attachment 3952371
Unless dear old dad was burying bodies in the yard, this sidepath shouldn't be so uneven.

Anyways, I came here with a lot of criticism for the game's graphics and writing and I think I should state that I picked this up in the first place because I was interested in the premise of a fully 3D erotic game where I could slowly build up a relationship with the girls featured. I think there's an opportunity to do a lot here and I always want these projects to succeed! I can't give too much advice on "how" to fix the graphical problems beyond pointing them out, but the dialogue really, really could use another pass. Even if nothing else changed in terms of the interactions - keep the same minigames, the same animations, everything - overhaul the dialogue, add some more internal dialogue for the PC, give the girl(s) more character and actually sell me on a SEDUCTION simulator.

You can be sure that I read your comment and take it seriously ;) My motivation to push the game forward and make it better is much bigger than my ego, so I don't take things personally and am open to any kind of criticism and constructive feedback. At the end of the day, it's all about the game, and that's all that matters to me.

But as you already wrote: criticism and feedback has to be useful (which yours is). I can't read useful info for me from posts like "boring game" or "this all sucks".

So thank you for the detailed feedback and the list of things you noticed. Some of them are already on my list, others are new and have been added. However, many of them have a much lower priority than fixing major bugs or creating new content, but they are written down, which is good.

Your idea of expanding the book task is also incredibly good. But I think it would be far too much to integrate into a small task. So I'm already thinking about integrating it into a story chapter later, though. A really fantastic inspiration for me!

And the lines you wrote about the laundry task are great too. If you have the time and motivation, feel free to write me a few lines about different things that come to mind and beam them over to me on Disord. :whistle:

In any case: as a reward for taking the time to write me such detailed feedback, I'll "clean" the pool water for you in the next version and hope you'll feel more like "jumping in there and swimming with the girls". :D

ronzion`

Feb 28, 2020
You can be sure that I read your comment and take it seriously ;) My motivation to push the game forward and make it better is much bigger than my ego, so I don't take things personally and am open to any kind of criticism and constructive feedback. At the end of the day, it's all about the game, and that's all that matters to me.

But as you already wrote: criticism and feedback has to be useful (which yours is). I can't read useful info for me from posts like "boring game" or "this all sucks".

So thank you for the detailed feedback and the list of things you noticed. Some of them are already on my list, others are new and have been added. However, many of them have a much lower priority than fixing major bugs or creating new content, but they are written down, which is good.

Your idea of expanding the book task is also incredibly good. But I think it would be far too much to integrate into a small task. So I'm already thinking about integrating it into a story chapter later, though. A really fantastic inspiration for me!

And the lines you wrote about the laundry task are great too. If you have the time and motivation, feel free to write me a few lines about different things that come to mind and beam them over to me on Disord. :whistle:

In any case: as a reward for taking the time to write me such detailed feedback, I'll "clean" the pool water for you in the next version and hope you'll feel more like "jumping in there and swimming with the girls". :D
When will there be a new update?

HexorGames

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2023
When will there be a new update?
Great of you to ask!

I am currently in the middle of developing the next version. It will be full of new content and creating it will take time.

And after so much valuable feedback and my need to learn from it, I also need to take the time to read and sort through it.

So at the moment it is unfortunately too early to give a release date. But as soon as I can tell you more, I will do so!

evaw

Feb 5, 2021
Great of you to ask!

I am currently in the middle of developing the next version. It will be full of new content and creating it will take time.

And after so much valuable feedback and my need to learn from it, I also need to take the time to read and sort through it.

So at the moment it is unfortunately too early to give a release date. But as soon as I can tell you more, I will do so!
Ask one more time - will you plan to improve the graphics in the game?
Also you need to raise the gravity - at maximum speed MC flies on stairs.

• Sad
Reactions: IXL and qwerty01

HexorGames

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2023
Ask one more time - will you plan to improve the graphics in the game?
Also you need to raise the gravity - at maximum speed MC flies on stairs.
There will certainly be further improvements to the graphics and models as the game develops. From a graphical point of view: What do you think needs to be improved the most?

Thanks for mentioning that, I know the problem with the stairs. If you walk over them too fast, you can use them as a ramp and fly a bit. I've already tested to see if I can find a quick fix. But unfortunately you can't just fix it by increasing the gravity, as the movement calculations are a bit more complex. I have it on my list, but it's not the highest priority.

evaw

Feb 5, 2021
There will certainly be further improvements to the graphics and models as the game develops. From a graphical point of view: What do you think needs to be improved the most?

Thanks for mentioning that, I know the problem with the stairs. If you walk over them too fast, you can use them as a ramp and fly a bit. I've already tested to see if I can find a quick fix. But unfortunately you can't just fix it by increasing the gravity, as the movement calculations are a bit more complex. I have it on my list, but it's not the highest priority.
I'm not a gamedev, so I don't know the terminology - but in VAM it's called "Soft Body Physics", also the lighting (shadows) need to be improved - as I understand it, in the lazy way, you can just add ray tracing\Lumen.

AkiranGaming

Jan 4, 2024

Personally, being on an ancient gaming laptop, increasing the graphics too much will likely break the game and make it unplayable, so hopefully any "improvement" will be something that can be disabled in settings.

HexorGames

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2023
Personally, being on an ancient gaming laptop, increasing the graphics too much will likely break the game and make it unplayable, so hopefully any "improvement" will be something that can be disabled in settings.
Yes, that was also my first thought at the time ;) I will keep the performance of the game at the current level. This will certainly be a challenge when more girls are added, but I'm sure I'll work out a good solution for that too!

So if I add things like raycast or other fancy graphics enhancements in the future, I'll make them configurable in the settings. And since things like raycast are not even supported by all systems, I think this is very important.

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
HexorGames

Hiya, Loving the game, well done on all fronts.

Will there be more clothing options going forward? Was kind of thinking would be nice to be able to set characters clothes each day or / and wear lingerie items during particular scenes.

Nice Bras, Pantyhose, Hold Up stockings, Knickers, but also some saucier outfits too....

evaw

Feb 5, 2021
I have long noticed that most devs do not understand what they are doing - I mean the target audience.
Are you making a 3D game with powerful graphics for hi-end PCs or are you making bad graphics for low-end PCs? - the first is clear, but the second is not so - because even bad graphics will not be handled by old low-end PCs, then to cover a large number of potential buyers it is more profitable to make a VN - which will run on any piece of shit.

HexorGames

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2023
I have long noticed that most devs do not understand what they are doing - I mean the target audience.
Are you making a 3D game with powerful graphics for hi-end PCs or are you making bad graphics for low-end PCs? - the first is clear, but the second is not so - because even bad graphics will not be handled by old low-end PCs, then to cover a large number of potential buyers it is more profitable to make a VN - which will run on any piece of shit.
My goal is to develop a game that runs as smoothly as possible on an average computer by finding the happy medium between graphics quality and performance. And in my opinion, that doesn't exclude powerful graphics, as long as features that eat up performance on older systems can be disabled.

I have played many games that have super nice graphics and look photorealistic, but are not fun to play. Probably because the focus during development was on impressing players with the graphics alone.

That's why I prefer to concentrate not only on the graphics, but also on the gameplay and content.

By the way, making another millionth VN was out of the question for me. I wanted to try something new and unique. ;)

Tomoushie

Aug 18, 2017
My goal is to develop a game that runs as smoothly as possible on an average computer by finding the happy medium between graphics quality and performance. And in my opinion, that doesn't exclude powerful graphics, as long as features that eat up performance on older systems can be disabled.

I have played many games that have super nice graphics and look photorealistic, but are not fun to play. Probably because the focus during development was on impressing players with the graphics alone.

That's why I prefer to concentrate not only on the graphics, but also on the gameplay and content.

By the way, making another millionth VN was out of the question for me. I wanted to try something new and unique. ;)
You're right about everything.
Except for the pitch about the child who has lost his parents and inherits his family's house, villa or wealth with nothing but pretty girls in the house. :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

4.50 star(s) 15 Votes