Daz Materials for Custom Daz G8F/G8.1F Gens

_luigi_

Jan 31, 2021
Hi! I found this and I'm trying to use it: VEX - for DAZ Anatomical Elements G8F/G8.1F

its just the female genitalia with added bones that in teory allows posing shapes that's not easy to create with morhps.

My problem is passing on the materials from the default fem genitalia to VEX. What I'm doing is this: in the Surfaces tab right click on the default gen and select Copy Selected Surface(s), then in VEX I do Paste Selected Surface(s). Finally I check the result in Daz - NVIDIA Iray view.

I tried this with Victoria 8 and Victoria 8.1.

This method of copying the surfaces is working only for Victoria 8 when the figure has (before the surface tranfer) the Victoria 8 All Maps (MDL).

But is not working for Victoria 8 when it has Victoria 8 All Maps (RSL).
Also is not working for Victoria 8.1 with the Victoria 8.1 All Maps.

In both cases the gens are shown more shiny or glossy than the torso and there is a very visible seam betwenn the gen and the body.

Here is how it looks on each case after copying surfaces

image.jpg

I'm not very knowledgeable in Daz so if anyone can spot what's wrong and can give me the magic trick :) to solve this it would be awesome. I tried by just randomly move the slides in the surfaces tab but got nowhere. Thanks for reading!

_luigi_

Jan 31, 2021
Found the solution

I need to save the default genitalia as a shader preset and then load it on the custom one :)