Seeking Mature Protagonist

Jakky

Jan 10, 2018
Not some whiny lad with teenage hormones enraged to bang his mum every 5 seconds!

Exclude Japanese VN's.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Most adult male MC aren't much better

The No Life Dad:

No Life Dads have to pee a lot

When creepers grow up, they are miserable. They have a boring job, a decent modern apartment, and no real relationships. This is true even if they are married, as their wife will pretty much be an Ice Queen. No Life Dad's are really bad at dating, so they decided that it's just easier to go after their family, most often a daughter, and all of her hot friends.
The No Life Dad has lost his personality. Yeah, he can spout platitudes, or get fake angry, but he has no real hobbies, doesn't leave the house for any reason other than work or creeping, and is always the most boring person at the party. His moral compass is even more warped than that of the Creeper, as now he has massive power dynamics to abuse. Thankfully, years of creeping has given him a sexual aura that makes any woman want to bang him. Sadly for the No Life Dad, this only works if he follows a very specific set of steps.

It should also be noted that while most No Life Dads are actual fathers, this is not necessary, one can also simply be a creepy father figure to an innocent girl No Life Dad's also rarely have faces for some reason...Examples of games with No Life Dads: Dating My Daughter,The Babysitter, Teacher's Pets, Daughter Saga, My Sweet Neighbors..
That said, The Babysitter, which is seen in that screenshot, is pretty good, especially now that the person who wrote this trope is the writer.

You might like, if you haven't played it yet, Parental love.

My Sweet Neighbor is another good one, I'd go so far as to say it's the first I've played where you can actually be a gentleman. (Which is another trope that gets made fun of in the same post).

I highly recommend Depraved Awakening, which is also technically a No life Dad...

Dual Family is a drag, but its meta commentary on the incest genre. The dad line is dryly poking fun at this trope, as well as the Be a Gentleman.

I started an RPGM called Gates that I didn't finish because it being RPGM just made it annoying to play, but it has nice models and has you as a teacher, I downloaded it on recommendation from other devs at the time. It might actually not qualify as a No Life Dad for the first entry on this list... because if you play the prologue right you are in a loving long distance relationship, and the distance is because of her career.

Intimate Relations again we aren't leaving this trope for long. You play as the father, his second wife, and his daughter with his deceased wife. The father is much older and he's practical, but the wife is an Ice Queen and the daughter is all over him. On the bright side, its Ptolemy, so the women are actual people.

Family Values is a subversion of the No Life Dad... in that you technically only qualify for this because your wife was a total nympho and left you for the cities where people fuck all over the place... so the goal of this game is to corrupt the whole town so that your wife will come back... its weird but I like it.

Also a No Life Dad, but if you've played Chloe18 you might appreciate GDS's short spin Hannah's Boat trip, which is supposed to be the full story of how Hannah, a character who's actually in Chloe18 lost her virginity. However, instead of playing Hannah, you play the guy who apparently took it. You're on a boat trip with your boss (her father) his new wife (a ginger not much older than Hannah) your wife, and her daughter who because of patreon isn't yours, but because GDS is smart, he lets you define her relationship to you through input text. The game is short but with multiple possible outcomes.

HunterSeeker

Engaged Member
May 13, 2017
  • Detective Girl of the Steam City
  • Maggot Baits
  • Master Rune
  • Midlife Crisis
  • My Real Desire
  • Nothing is Forever
  • Now and Then
  • Radiant