MC survey

For games with a female protag do you prefer to...?

• Play as Female MC (first person)

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Control Female MC (third person)

Votes: 19 57.6%

• Total voters

bdaywans

Apr 15, 2017
Not sure if I can post surveys, or how to if I can, so just a show of hands I suppose.

I'm making a story with a Female Protag and I'm debating if it should be first person narrative (the female MC being referred to as 'you') or third person narrative by the name the player defines for her. I liked the idea of it just being first person to be a bit more engaging, but the more I check out existing games for reference it seems like the majority in that category end up being the TF games, which is fine and all but now what I'm going for. This is more like LOP's Camgirl Confessions or Elanore. So while this is a minor detail (fuck, I'm still trying to figure out how to code the damn thing), just wondering what some of you prefer?
  1. Female MC is the player?
  2. Female MC is controlled by the player?

Meesteres

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
definitely that I am the player. If you don't mind me asking, what's the premise of the game.

Reactions: bdaywans

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Not sure if I can post surveys, or how to if I can, so just a show of hands I suppose.

I'm making a story with a Female Protag and I'm debating if it should be first person (the female MC being referred to as 'you') or third person by the name the player defines for her. I liked the idea of it just being first person to be a bit more engaging, but the more I check out existing games for reference it seems like the majority in that category end up being the TF games, which is fine and all but now what I'm going for. This is more like LOP's Camgirl Confessions or Elanore. So while this is a minor detail (fuck, I'm still trying to figure out how to code the damn thing), just wondering what some of you prefer?
You can make a poll. Click on 'Post a poll' at the bottom of a new thread.

293709_1554910741390.png

OR

Click on the three dots in the upper right of your thread and choose 'Create a poll'.

Reactions: bdaywans

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
I'd like to see a female MC game from the same perspective male MCs are, I guess that's 'play as MC'. Might as well get the whole experience. I dunno, maybe seeing a dick coming towards MC's pussy would scare me. :D

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
First, it is more ok from render point of view. When you distance from the subject, so does the rendering time decrease. I am not talking about the case where there is a room full of assets or more than one character.
Second, you get to see everything she has to offer. You can play with her outfits and do more stuff.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
control female. or even better, you control the surrounding and doing so the female character will be influenced.

periergeia

Jul 19, 2017

I'm making a story with a Female Protag and I'm debating if it should be first person (the female MC being referred to as 'you') or third person by the name the player defines for her. I liked the idea of it just being first person to be a bit more engaging, but the more I check out existing games for reference it seems like the majority in that category end up being the TF games, which is fine and all but now what I'm going for. This is more like LOP's Camgirl Confessions or Elanore. So while this is a minor detail (fuck, I'm still trying to figure out how to code the damn thing), just wondering what some of you prefer?
If it's like LOP games then it will be full of static images point and click sandbox choices and you want to see the character from different kind of poses according to the environment so 3rd person is what you need. If it's more role playing story with a lot of monologues and thinking then it feels better as a 1st person and only using mc portraits when needed.

*In case you were talking about 3d game all together with real movement then mostly 3rd person choice is better (saw house party as a 1st person and it kinda throws me off ion the mood).

bdaywans

Apr 15, 2017
Thanks for the feedback so far. So elaborate a bit of the responses so far:

This is going to be 2d renpy (unless I can figure out Unity but not planning on being that ambitious yet) so I see what you mean about more objects and the comparison to House Party but I'm going VN style right now, though I am hoping to make the attire editable. I see how using the first and third person descriptors could be misleading but I was thinking narrative more than viewpoint.

While I do have another story idea (if this goes well) that will be direct and indirect influence on the character, but my premise here will be the actions and choices the player selects are the female protag's choices.

As for the story I'm sure its nothing groundbreaking but I'm still being a bit vague as I has out how I want certain parts to play out (plot wise) but the basic premise is your female MC is forced to play though a series of challenges and the outcome (stats, money, etc) effect what VN routes open up to her, who she makes as friends, who she tries to dominate, and how... far... she's willing to go. So to give a comparison I'm trying to see if player would rather it sounding like:

"With a sly smile she nods to Brutus and in a flash the mountain of a man flew across the room at you, pinning you to the wall and hoisting you off the ground by your shoulders. She waked over casually, the ashes from her cigarette fizzling out on your floor below. Slowly she runs her fingernail down your breast and across your stomach. Catching your panties teasing them down as your heart races... and with a SNAP of the elastic she pulls her finger away and starts to laugh. Her bodyguard drops you to the floor and follows her out the doorway."

...or...

"With a sly smile the woman nods to Brutus and in a flash the mountain of a man flew across the room to <MC>, pinning her to the wall and hoisting her off the ground by her shoulders. The woman waked over casually, the ashes from her cigarette fizzling out on the floor below. Slowly she runs her fingernail down <MC>'s breast and across her stomach. Catching her panties teasing them down as <MC> could feel her heart race... and with a SNAP of the elastic she pulls her finger away and starts to laugh. Her bodyguard drops <MC> to the floor and follows her out the doorway."

periergeia

Jul 19, 2017
Thanks for the feedback so far. So elaborate a bit of the responses so far:

This is going to be 2d renpy (unless I can figure out Unity but not planning on being that ambitious yet) so I see what you mean about more objects and the comparison to House Party but I'm going VN style right now, though I am hoping to make the attire editable. I see how using the first and third person descriptors could be misleading but I was thinking narrative more than viewpoint.

While I do have another story idea (if this goes well) that will be direct and indirect influence on the character, but my premise here will be the actions and choices the player selects are the female protag's choices.

As for the story I'm sure its nothing groundbreaking but I'm still being a bit vague as I has out how I want certain parts to play out (plot wise) but the basic premise is your female MC is forced to play though a series of challenges and the outcome (stats, money, etc) effect what VN routes open up to her, who she makes as friends, who she tries to dominate, and how... far... she's willing to go. So to give a comparison I'm trying to see if player would rather it sounding like:

"With a sly smile she nods to Brutus and in a flash the mountain of a man flew across the room at you, pinning you to the wall and hoisting you off the ground by your shoulders. She waked over casually, the ashes from her cigarette fizzling out on your floor below. Slowly she runs her fingernail down your breast and across your stomach. Catching your panties teasing them down as your heart races... and with a SNAP of the elastic she pulls her finger away and starts to laugh. Her bodyguard drops you to the floor and follows her out the doorway."

...or...

"With a sly smile the woman nods to Brutus and in a flash the mountain of a man flew across the room to <MC>, pinning her to the wall and hoisting her off the ground by her shoulders. The woman waked over casually, the ashes from her cigarette fizzling out on the floor below. Slowly she runs her fingernail down <MC>'s breast and across her stomach. Catching her panties teasing them down as <MC> could feel her heart race... and with a SNAP of the elastic she pulls her finger away and starts to laugh. Her bodyguard drops <MC> to the floor and follows her out the doorway."
Now that you point out the vn style then it's certain that you need 1st person for building connection with the player. #rd i would use it only on gameplays that instead of story requires manual management and other tasks which call strategy numbers etc