McAfee and Games

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
I have over 1000 games made on Renpy, RPG*, Unity and others. Only about 10 of them have issues with McAfee. It can not be the engines, per se, as all the other games work. More so, in most cases the prior versions worked. This means the developer changed something that caused the issue, and in at least one instance, denies that they did, yet one version played fine, the next got tagged by McAfee.
I ignore those games and hope the next update will be fixed, but it is hard to get them fixed when everyone says it is McAfee, not the game.
Thoughts?

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
McAfee really is a piece of shit. You could make a game yourself, upload it and download it, and Mcafee comes back with a virus warning.

You can use to check out .exe files, or scan it with MalwareBytes(?).

Really do think of moving to another AV. Watch video to figure out how to uninstall it when you do decide to get rid of it.

Reactions: JasonJemodah

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
McAfee really is a piece of shit. You could make a game yourself, upload it and download it, and Mcafee comes back with a virus warning.

You can use to check out .exe files, or scan it with MalwareBytes(?).

Really do think of moving to another AV. Watch video to figure out how to uninstall it when you do decide to get rid of it.
I wouldn't recommend any AV as they all really effed up my PC and it was pretty much giving false alerts to maybe one quarter of the games even with AVG and Norton that I had installed on my PC. It would give false alerts on a lot of software files I was using to play Bethesda games in particular. Nope AV is a kick in the head. I now have a PC dedicated to games with no AV installed at all on it.